44 coaches online • Server time: 15:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tomay

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2017 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Coaching Carousel has begun, numbers are being finalised and tactics are being formulated. It's almost CBBA time. Unfortunately, it looks like we might have 15 coaches. So we are after one more. PM me.

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2017 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I will pin a flyer to the local post confirming Coach D_Arquebus is once again looking for a cush-... ah erm... challenging role in the Coaching ranks of the CBBA Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2018 - 04:22 Reply with quote Back to top

CBBA will be returning at the end of SWL Season 74. Check out the rules pack on the CBBA group page, and PM me if you are interested!

CBBA is run in the Australia / New Zealand time zone.

Last edited by Wozzaa on Nov 18, 2018 - 05:33; edited 2 times in total
Wozzaa

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2018 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

CBBA Season 8 Draft

Teams returning:

Mootland Fighting Cocks - Wozzaa
Nordrak College Manticores - mushoomy
Talabheim Panthers - HandyKaufman
Free City University Clippers - D_Arquebus
Royal Altdorf Griffins - Tomay (TBC)
Nuln City Gunners - Geoffro (TBC)
Wolfenburg Bulls - faulcon
Athel Loren Great Eagles- polemarch

Available Rosters:

REIKLAND STATE SCORPIONS
GUISONNE CHEVALIERS
AVERHEIM UNIVERSITY STALLIONS
STIRLAND PROVENCE AXEMEN
URSLO BEARS
BECHAFEN UNIVERSITY FALCONS
NORTHERN BORDER CONFEDERATES
HOCHLAND OUTLAWS
ERENGRAD YHETEES
NORSCAN PENINSULA BUCCANEERS
MIDDENLAND STATE WOLFPACK
TILEAN REGIONAL UNIVERSITY DIAVOLI

If you are interested in playing, please PM me a draft list of your top 5 teams. I will do my best to give you your top pick. Where there are multiple coaches with the same choice, I will do this randomly and as fair as possible.

Please check out the rule pack, which includes the rosters, on the CBBA page.

Last edited by Wozzaa on Nov 18, 2018 - 06:07; edited 2 times in total
barberfett

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2018 - 04:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm interested but a bit of a noob. Never played sevens either. Don't mind any team so no preference
Wozzaa

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2018 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

CBBA Season 8 Draft

New coaching appointments:

NORSCAN PENINSULA BUCCANEERS - MrCushtie
NORTHERN BORDER CONFEDERATES - Klazam
GUISONNE CHEVALIERS - Wex
REIKLAND STATE SCORPIONS - Sharper
AVERHEIM UNIVERSITY STALLIONS - barberfett
URSLO BEARS- FinnDiesel

Please create your team in the CBBA group page. Ensure you buy the right amount of players and team goods (cheerleaders, rerolls and assistant coaches) as outlined in the player pack. Send me a PM before you ready the team.

Please also note the 'fluff' expectations for the league. Fluff pieces are to be posted in the Newswire. Check out older posts for inspiration. You are required to submit 5 posts throughout the season (this can include posts before the season starts and a post in the post season).

Have fun!

Returning coaches:

Please ensure your team complies with the CBBA rules. before readying, let me know when your team is ready. Remember, if a player has played in 3 different seasons they have to be let go. Also, make sure you have the right number of staff and players. Send me a PM before you ready and I'll have a squiz.

Mootland Fighting Cocks - Wozzaa
Nordrak College Manticores - mushoomy
Talabheim Panthers - HandyKaufman
Free City University Clippers - D_Arquebus
Wolfenburg Bulls - faulcon
Athel Loren Great Eagles- polemarch

Last edited by Wozzaa on Nov 26, 2018 - 10:01; edited 1 time in total
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2018 - 07:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Time to dig up the name spreadsheet again Smile

What's the deadline Wozzaa?

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2018 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Urslo Bears Please!

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2018 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, please name your team as close to the actual team name as possible.

Once you have made your team and it has been approved, i will share with you your team logo.

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2018 - 07:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello CBBA coaches.

Here's how Season 8 is going to work.

The conferences look like this:

The Black Mountains Conference
Athel Loren Great Eagles
Northern Border Confederates
Mootland Fighting Cockerels

The Great Ocean Conference
Guissone Chevaliers
FCU Clippers
Tilean University Diavoli

All Imperial Conference
Averheim Stallions
Reikland State Scorpions
Talabheim Panthers

Northern Conference
Norscan Peninsula Buccaneers
Wolfenburg Bulls
Nodrak College Manticores

The top team from each conference qualifies for the Bowl, and a shot at the title. 2nd place go into the Ribbon. 3rd place.... you're finished for the season.

Each team will play against the teams from their own conference and a neighboring conference, but you are competing with your conference (PM me if this needs explaining.

When you start your game, make sure you only buy the inducements your University is allowed. Please refer to the players handbook. It is good to add these to your team bio as well.

You only need to put 2 players on the LoS and no player may start in the widezones.

Don't forget to use the CBBA Newswire to add some fluff pieces. You are required to do 5 throughout the season.

First round is due on the 24th December, feel free to get started whenever you get time. Please refer to the SWL page for requirements around scheduling with your opponent. If there are any issues add me to your PMs.

Good luck and have fun!
HandyKaufman

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2018 - 07:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Wozzaa is there a way to get the players pack without using dropbox? my VPN is on the skids and china won't let me get into dropbox… this is also why I haven't been on discord for weeks... China won't let me.
tussock

Post   Posted: May 11, 2020 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Season 9 is on the way folks, feel free to claim an old team of yours by posting such in CBBA Newswire.

Otherwise send me a draft list, at least 3 teams in it, pick ones you like the fluff for, old teams will still gain priority.

There's plenty of rule changes and roster changes. These have been applied to the ruleset and rosters, and the main thing you need to know is any returning teams need to cut to 700 TV.

This includes just 7 players, Apo, and any team RRs.

Extra TV is allowed on top of that for Fan Factor, and the appropriate Cheerleaders and Assistant Coaches for your roster.

e.g. Tomay's Royal Altdorf Griffons at last play had 11 FF, 5 CL, 5 AC, so their trimming TV would be 910 with 7 players, Apo, and team RRs, including the extras.

Further, each season start, all players with 14+ games played must Graduate.
A maximum of TWO players with 8+ games may remain on the team.
A maximum of FIVE players with 2+ games may remain on the team, including the older ones.

Further players must be new or just 1 game played. After trimming, teams get extra cash for a rookie bench only, 100k for most teams, 150k for the imperial three, 200k for the Clippers, 50k for the Bears.

e.g. Using Tomay's old team as an example again.
  • Peter and Otto must graduate.
  • Of Victor, "Victory", Boris, and Carl, only two may return for a final season.
  • Maximillion, Karl, and "The Protege" could all remain to take up the last of the five places for players with 2+ games.
  • "The Understudy" could stay on as a new player.
  • One more player would be needed at least, for seven total.
  • After the seven make the cut, 150k extra for a bench for this Imperial stalwart.
Note that some of those would have to go as well, to make the cut, and more if he wanted any team RRs!

Happy to help anyone that needs it there, bit easier on discord, but PMs work too. If you over-trim, players can be bought back, so don't stress too much.

--

New teams are built on the same budget, 700k for 7 players, team RRs, and compulsory Apo, plus extra for AC/CL/FF, and extra for a bench.

With new teams, you can fit full positions and 2 RRs on everything but the Elves, some just need to buy one or two positions as bonus for the bench.

Older teams may prefer many skills, or the odd stat freak, to even having 1 team RR, and even then it'll be tight. Good luck to them if they so choose.

--

Leader and Dirty Player are banned as new skills, any players hoping to return after having already taken these skills should contact me to get them changed.

There's a few players with the same skill twice, due to skills now being on the base roster that were not before. Contact me to change the extra to whatever you want.

If you're returning with a team not currently in the group's team list, it'll need a magic fix applied too.

--

Full rules and rosters in note form may be slightly incomplete, hit me up in discord if anything's obviously missing or seems contradictory. Cheers all.

Should kick off after next weekend (and the NAF Live Light and Dark), final day of the SWL season, Monday the 18th. We'll have some games to play over the break. 10-day rounds, 5 games, plus a bowl if you want it enough.

That's ONE WEEK from this post. Get on it, or miss out. If there's an odd number of coaches, the last will act as a potential filler if we have someone needs to drop.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2020 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Further notes, thanks for questions in discord all.

You set your roster for the season at season start, and further funds earned and spent through the year are for replacing retired hurt, or sadly the odd dead players.

There's no particular limits on Rerolls or player numbers, it's just that teams will be choosing between extra skilled players or team Rerolls each season, depending how they feel about it.

Teams should build quickly, skills are still fast to arrive, albeit with random MVPs, and the bowl squads could easily have another couple hundred TV on them based on previous seasons growth rates.

If your squad falls apart, as a few will, Extra Team Training is a valuable inducement as replacement for skills, the Imperial and other rich colleges will often give quite a few inducements still.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2020 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Draft for new teams will be early Friday evening, kick off on Monday, welcome to come join us for some nice quick games run on an easy schedule.

Check it out, will be updating as questions arise further, but just minor clarifications and wording issues. Plus polishing up some icons here and there, shout out if anything's missing, or if you'd like to polish up your own set, feel free, just mind the team colours and such.

Old teams get all the new player mods, but I do need to click the magic fix for you, so let me know if anything looks wrong. If your team's not in the group, which many are not, applying helps. Looks like we'll have enough to run anyway, so come join in.

Last edited by tussock on May 19, 2020 - 05:56; edited 1 time in total
tussock

Post   Posted: May 15, 2020 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Start is hereby delayed to the 1st of July. Sorry for the short notice.

Teams taken for season 9 will be noted as I go along.

Sharper: Reikland State Scorpions.
D_Arquebus: Free City University Clippers.
MrChushtie: Norscan Peninsular Buccaneers.
Wozzaa: Middenheim City College Harlequins.
tussock: Erengrad Yhetees.

S9 teams available.

Griffons, Gunners, Panthers, Chevaliers, Axemen, Diavoli, Wolfpack, Great Eagles, Manticores, Bulls, Outlaws, Confederates, Falcons, Bears, Cockerals.

Plus I'm considering adding one or two, just in case we get 24 coaches. Smile