47 coaches online • Server time: 16:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Stimme

Post 3 Posted: Mar 01, 2014 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

For the Fumbbl coaches not active on TFF or NAF: The Canadian Open, an annual table tournament in the GTA is held on the weekend of March 22nd in Toronto.
All details for team-build etc. can be found on the NAF Canada website.
In short, it's a resurrection style tournament. Three games are played on Saturday and two on Sunday.

In the few months I have spent on Fumbbl, I have played against several coaches from the area. Some have played the board game before, some never. It would be great if a couple of them would make it to the tournament. I know it takes some effort to make the transition from a PC game to a real life event, but I can assure you that the local BB community is a very friendly one, happy to welcome every newcomer. I am not going to reveal Lorebass' name, but there is a well known coach here on Fumbbl that played his first table tournament last year and enjoyed it a lot.

If you consider coming, don't worry about miniatures, pitches, dice etc. to play. There are a lot of people, including me, that can provide a wide selection of teams and all the accessories. All you need to do is to make up a team roster.

Feel free to PM me with any questions. Again, everybody is welcome. I will throw in some smileys to emphasize this: Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy .
grant85

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2014 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

This will be my third year going to this event. I highly recommend it. Great players, fun after BB times, and cool dice. Hope to see you there!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2014 - 03:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Tempting to fly over for the weekend. Will you still be having that thing called "winter"?

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2014 - 07:40 Reply with quote Back to top

The tournament is purposely hold on the first weekend of spring. If you come, please don't forget sun screen and swim suit!
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2014 - 01:30
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Winter has calmed down lately, and sadly I have stuff to work on over the weekend... I can't make my quote a reality.
 Jump to: