63 coaches online • Server time: 17:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Chainsaw Ref
Good Idea
76%
 76%  [ 13 ]
Bad Idea
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Pie
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 17

PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2014 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

A fun and fluffy league option IMO.

Here is how it works.

You get ejected from the match.

The ref rolls a d6 IF it comes up a 1 he takes serious offense at your name calling and foul language as you walk off the pitch.

He pulls out his trusty chainsaw and gives you a solid whack.

Player must take a standard Chainsaw attack on the ejected player before he is sent to the ban box.

Bribes and so forth can avoid this chainsaw justice.

Sneaky git exception

A git will never get the chainsaw whack because he is very good at confusing the ref with his quick wit and gives him enough time to vacate the pitch before the chainsaw comes out.

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2014 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to see the Ref rules from the second Ed "red" Companion book implemented. Scatter movement and throws blocks to send players off (dumbed down version as I cannot remember them completely except they all had ST 4...) that way we could start to collect Referee Cas caused stats!!

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2014 - 19:39
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

We used to use the third edition Compendium ref rules when there were 3 of us playing. Those were awesome. Some of those did have chainsaws!
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2014 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I only have Compendium 2 of the 3ed ones, I only ever see them on Ebay when I am skint (which is most of the time unfortunately!) not sure if I had them in pdf versions though...

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2014 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

If AV breaks will he stay on the field?
truckerpunk

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2014 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

This was actually described in the good old "Official blood bowl magazines" Very Happy
Have a look at page 22 in this version (look after the psychopath ref). Ahh, I miss those old magazines, only my copy of volume one has survived.

Link to the magazine: http://bbforum.info/docs/archivio/Miscellaneous/Blood%20Bowl%20Magazine%2004.pdf

Edit: If you want to read them all go here and have a look: http://bbforum.info/docs/archivio/Miscellaneous/
bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2014 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the "working" method was as follows:
"Whenever you foul, then the ref goes to you, and apply the chainsaw on you. If the ref rolls a 1 on the chainsaw, then he is the subject of the hit, and there will be no ref until the end of the half."
It is very possible it is houseruled, but this is the version what I preferred most.
Sneaky git was not mentioned there, but could be applied as an apothecary each time the player with sneaky git is injured by the referee.

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2014 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I have the BB Mags (think I may have doubles of 2 later ones if you are interested) will have to dig them out and give them a fresh read Smile