41 coaches online • Server time: 18:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
FRSHMN

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2014 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey folks

I have this guy
https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=9917244
and he's hanging around quite some of his match-free times in the local Warpstone scene, as one might know from a look at his stats.
A gutter runner with block + dodge, and from there on just stat ups is quite welcome, but with his superstar skill, I planned to take Sure Hands on him to make him my ball handler in the middle of the pitch.
But that damned rat did it again and rolled an AG stat increase.

Now I'm undecided whether to stick to the original plan (Sure Hands) or take Nuffle's gift with a smile (AG6 Very Happy ).

What would you suggest? Is AG6 worth another 40K+ on team value or should I go low profile (yeah, with THAT rat) and take Sure Hands for a free pick up reroll in a busted cage scenario? What other alternatives do I have?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by FRSHMN on %b %24, %2014 - %20:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2014 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

+ag all the way

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2014 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Take it. It is too cool to ignore. That guy will be able to do everything.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2014 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

AG6! Like the upside of Stunty, plus Big Hand and Nerves of Steel, for one improvement and 40k TV. If he lives to Legend, get him Leap, or maybe Two Heads on doubles so he can dodge into 3 zones on a 2+.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2014 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Take it, as it is two heads and leap combined. You will dodge, not leap, and 2+ all the way.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2014 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

STAGMAs are the most fun players in bloodbowl
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2014 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
AG6! Like the upside of Stunty, plus Big Hand and Nerves of Steel, for one improvement and 40k TV. If he lives to Legend, get him Leap, or maybe Two Heads on doubles so he can dodge into 3 zones on a 2+.

Do not agree here. with ag6 he doesn't really need leap. give him tackle. With St3 Ma10 and Ag6 he will be an amazing player for emergency blitzes amongst its other uses. Or sure hands as he is a perfect ball carrier too. Not sure which I would take at legend yet, probably edging toward sure hands. But yes take ag6.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2014 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

AG6 it is... thank you all.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2014 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome rat!! He probably wont make it to legend, but if he does surely sprint is an option. Ok it seems lame but right now he is just 1 square off being that natural one turner. Sidestep being an alternative.
No doubt that surehands and tackle are the most useful for general use and he is less likely to get angrily fouled.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2014 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

+ST for legend I say!

(reserve your potion)

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2014 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

As much as I love my own AG6 dark elf...

I'm not so sure AG6 is that big of a help on this guy. Ultimately what is is real job? And how much does AG6 help him do that job?

Either that or the +ST doesn't help that much Wink Or the +MA as you have 2 other MA10 gutters already.

Of course you do have to take it, but a stat freaked blodger isn't really as valuable as you may think. This guy has to be protected and not just thrown into whatever situation on a whim. He's a big old pile of TV that does what for you exactly? You don't want him to be a one turner, you don't want him to be a blitzer (lacking tackle and or strip) you don't need him to be a ball carrier (any gutter will do, and one with sure hands will do better in many cases).

AG6 is great for ball retrieval when you pop it out in a crowd. So I guess that's his role, but... AG5 sure hands is better than AG6 for that roll. AG6 is better for dirty dodging though.

Ehh, sometimes you're happier when you don't roll the stat at superstar because now you have a guy who is going to lack those other useful skills for ever.
Roland

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2014 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

wow,what a freak
love it!
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2014 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I had an AG6 gutter. He was less great than you would have thought.

I think I would have taken leap here, to be followed by sure hands or tackle at legend.

I know stats are really good and all, but imagine how great this player would be if you had 9/3/5/7 Block Tackle Leap. 10/3/6/7 Blodge is nice, but skills are good too.

If you look at my own rat team, I had three standout gutters. The most gifted was Eddie, but both Nails and Cyclone were better. Cyclone in particular was probably the best rat I ever had.

Last edited by Rat_Salat on %b %24, %2014 - %23:%Apr; edited 2 times in total
Beerox

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2014 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

OMG I love to hate skaven, but must admit that guy is unbelievable.
Grod

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2014 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the way ag6 walks around like an elf through titchy players

Oscar Wilde
 Jump to: