39 coaches online • Server time: 11:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Fill the Stunty Grid?
Yes please!
69%
 69%  [ 32 ]
No thanks, I have to fill the Ranked Grid for a fourth time.
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
No thanks, I'm busy hopelessly trying to fill the Blackbox Grid. Where are the goblins?
19%
 19%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 46

gjopie

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Calling all Stunty Players!

Are you trying to fill the Stunty Grid? If not, why not? With 16 current Stunty teams, it is only 256 games - far less than Ranked or Blackbox!

I've set up a group, like the Blackbox Grid filling one, where we can measure our progress and give ourselves badges occasionally.

I'll admit, I have an agenda with this. I've been trying to fill the Stunty grid for a while, but certain races have been hard to find. S.P.L.A.T. has been great in encouraging rarer races to take the field. However, if more people are trying to fill the Grid, it will be easier to fill.

Apply a stunty team to the group, try to fill the Stunty grid, and I'll update everyone's progress every fortnight.

Can you be the first person to play all 256 possible matches and be crowned a Stunty Master?

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome, I'm already 222/256 there. Do I apply with any stunty team, one for each race, my favorite team...?
TheSyron

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, this might rekindle my interest in completing it.
I should do a recount, as I haven't actively searched for the missing matchups the past few months and I'm bound to have played a couple.
214/256 was my last count.
gjopie

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Just apply one team to the group - any team - and it will remind me to include you in the updates.

Duder is currently in the lead at 222, but TheSyron is right behind him on 217. Both of you can proudly display your 75% trophy:

In third place is me with a pathetic 73! Surely there must be someone in the middle ground?

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Forgot how much more fun it makes the game if you're already happy that you got a matchup that you haven't played yet, and don't really care about winning anymore.

That said, the two games matchups today were heavily in more favour. Squigs vs Forest Goblins is rough.
gjopie

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Absolutely agree - before the game has begun, you've already won! A result on top of that is just icing on the cake.

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I love this and I'm in. anything that makes more people play stunty is great. I think I have 60 something.
gjopie

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

luckyjim12 wrote:
I love this and I'm in. anything that makes more people play stunty is great. I think I have 60 something.

65 - just over 25% - plus a full line for Goblin Cheaters.

Post   Posted: May 18, 2014 - 05:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm at 135, but have no chance of ever filling the grid as I refuse to make a Cheater (stupid broken) or CFling (just way too many of them) team. And Pygs, Snots and Slaves just don't appeal to me. Of those five the only one I would be likely to play would by Pygs, but not until they get their damn icons finished with side views.

That said, I've a couple of teams that have nearly played vs. every other team.

But, given my time zone and availability, I'm lucky to get any match, let alone a match that would further my grid.

Post   Posted: May 20, 2014 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

While I agree that Cheaters are a strong team, they aren't broken, at least not at low tv. At high tv they become very, very scary as do a lot of other teams.
Personally some of the teams don't really appeal to me as well; snots (too weak), skryre (too one-dimensional); strigs (grind until you develop killers) but that may be because I haven't got a fun player(s) with them.

I didn't really care much for forest goblins until I got this player.
And my Cfling team is quite fun as well, even though I wish clfings were less popular.

Popularity is a bit strange in stunty. Few play one of the strongest races, if not the strongest (skinks), while there are plenty of gnomes around. Guess people love their bash!

Now, actually getting on topic, I've almost gotten level with Duder, one match short. My eshin have finally played against every opposition in a brutal match versus pro halflings, with my assassin closing in on getting to legend.
gjopie

Post   Posted: May 20, 2014 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheaters are one of those teams that I'm always wary of playing against. On a good day, they are capable of tearing any team apart - but they can also implode.

I disagree about Snotlings - the ball and chains (balls and chains?) make them a lot of fun, plus with the three trolls there is a lot of strength.

But yes, I guess it does come down to having an individual player that makes the team fun.

Sigmar1: I can only imagine how tough it is to get stunty games out of the peak time. Even during the peak, I find it tough! But my hope was that the more people are chasing the Stunty Grid, the easier it will be to get those unusual matches (or even any matches at all).

Post   Posted: May 20, 2014 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I am up for this, on a fairly meagre 93 match-ups so far.

MUSSL Season 2 should be a good way to help fill the grid as it encourages you to play every race, I managed to play 14/16 current races with my Pygmys last season.
gjopie

Post   Posted: May 20, 2014 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Absolutely, there is good synergy between the Stunty Grid, MUSSL and SPLAT.

The more people playing stunty, the better!

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I find the 'Cheaters aren't broken 'cause they can implode' argument to be ridiculous. Yes, Cheaters CAN implode if you choose a poor roster and play them unwisely (or get utterly jacked by Nuffle). But they virtually NEVER implode if played in a smart fashion.

At least, not when I'm stupid enough to accept a match against them.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in . . . this is something I will actually take my godawful raise-my-blood-pressure snotling team for . . . and I'll make the rest.
 Jump to: