47 coaches online • Server time: 18:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
danielcollins

Post   Posted: May 27, 2014 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

This forum thread is for anything relating to Season 55 of the SWL.

"A stitch in time, saves nine...doesn't apply to me, Suzanne does all the sewing" - Karl Pilkington.

Links:

Announcements:

• Divisional Structure
    1 Premier, 2 Conferences, 1 Regional.
  • Season Commencement
    First round will be due by 16th June. Divisional draws will be up some time around the 2nd of June.
  • Axing
    PM to the swladmin FUMBBL account by 10pm Monday Sydney time if your game has not yet been played. Check out the Guide for more information or check with someone else in chat. Refer to post below for more details about expectations. This is also the method for advising of parking at the end of a season.
  • General
    Please be aware that we rely on individual coaches to be active in checking this forum, arranging games against opponents (especially if not on east coast of Australia) and in communicating with Admins. The responsibility is on the coach to enquire, not the Admins to inform. Please feel free to ask any questions, anytime.
  • Trial of Blood
    For season 56, play Trial of Blood matches against other coaches' Fringe teams. Only one game per opponent coach. Any number of games to a TV limit of 130.

Rules to be brought in for Season 56:

• Admin reserve the right to change the divisional structure and drafting team's TV/TW limit whenever it is deemed to be in the best interests of the league (particularly if we change from below 32 coaches to above and vice versa).
danielcollins

Post   Posted: May 27, 2014 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

For those who don't know extensions should only be granted in extreme circumstances. The correct method for requesting an extension includes inviting me (swladmin) to the current pm thread between you and your opponent and requesting an extension.
This HAS to include an arranged time agreed to by both coaches to when the game will be played (or at least started) before 10pm Wednesday final axe.
Check here for the rules.(Advanced Rules tab)
It takes 5mins to check pm's on site and get your games organized, please show some courtesy to the other coaches in the league and do things the right way.
Tomay

Post   Posted: May 27, 2014 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats to the Whalekillers on two straight, they can probably now be called the best Norse team in SWL’s rich history of great Norscan teams (Blue Mountain Dragons, Stalingrad White Stallions, Angry Asgardians, [s]Chin Chen[/s]. Also, congratulations to Chavo and JoeKano for their Conference Titles. To a lesser extent, congrats to Grod and Technically Minded for their domination of a huge regionals. Welcome to the newcomer - Dazedmw and welcome back to Malfeasor, PJJ and Angryman. For those that weren’t heare, PJJ was one of SWL’s premier coaches in the lrb4 era – lets see what he can produce with the zons. Now, with the niceties out of the way…

Prem
This is a good looking prem with a nice mix of teams.

Darkstar Corsairs – Semitence is an improving coach with a click and win team. I think he will have learned a lot from last season and will finish on top after this one, unless he loses a few players. Unfortunately, this is unlikely with the makeup this season. Predicted finish – 1st

Public Service Announcement – Here you have a good coach with another click and win style team. Daudy will be up there again and will be hard to budge from prem as long as he’s coaching chaos and doesn’t suffer too many losses. The makeup of this season looks good for him. Predicted finish – 2nd

Wonga Wonga Whalekillers – They haven’t been in conferences for a while and I don’t see why that would change at the end of this one. Coach Balle is a powerhouse in CRP and the Whalekillers are becoming the most successful team. Still, I think their good run has to come to an end. Prediction – 3rd

Intoxicated Mayhem – Erickan’s team looks strong as always. They’ll be hard to stop again and should end up just slipping into the top 4 again. I think they’ll be a bit of the pace of the leading 3 though.

Blackwater Sting – People will have Chavo’s team as the one to beat on paper. However, I don’t think his stars help him that much vs the other 2 delf teams. Chavo hasn’t made it click at Prem level before and despite the flashy new team, I don’t think he will this season either.

Black Swans – Irgy won’t die wondering, but the team just hasn’t fully rebuilt yet. His prem run is probably a season early, if he suffers a few losses he could be back at square one again.

Slumbering Skink – The sham that is faulcon is being revealed. The reason he took so long to win a prem title is becoming more and more obvious with the increase of strong coaches with good teams again. Luck may see him challenge for the title again, but I think even nuffle can’t save him from relegation.

Horrors of Skye – JoeKano is a league stalwart that doesn’t get the appreciation he deserves for his service in SWL. The Horrors have arguably been JK’s most successful team, but while necro are good at conf level, they usually struggle in the big time.

Frosters Conf
Both conferences this season are a nice mixture of teams.

Dlock proved last season that he knows wood elves well, however, history has proven that the conferences are a difficult level for wood elves. If he plays conservatively, he could have a good shot at a run next season.

Torquemada was on fire in reggies last season. His team is shaping up nicely but still probably a little underdone. He should be able to finish mid table and build on a good start.

The same can apply to Beefy’s cheesedorfs. The difference is that Beefy is a proven SWL coach with strong credentials. He is more likely to guide the compact cd’s toward a promotion position but I suspect he is still a little underdone.

Cdwat continues to improve as a coach and his team is fantastic on paper. If he can maintain a positive cas differential, he should theoretically be able to challenge for a top spot. I still think he’s a few seasons away from putting it all together, though I hope he proves me wrong.

Sotek were in the hunt last season and will probably be up there again. Tyra should like the look of this group compared to last season and with a few of these Saurii skilling up, he may be able to finally press his claim for a place in the premier division.

The Konnect were disappointing to say the least. Let’s hope I can get through the muppet madness (though most will be hoping I don’t). If I do, I think I’ll be in Prem next season.

Redgum’s Rodents came ever so close last season. They don’t appear to have much to offer other than a potential one turner and a decent thrower, but that has proven to be enough for skaven in the past. His balls to the wall play style will either pay off or fail again this season. With a little more conservatism he could build toward becoming a force in the league.

The Manglers team is looking great on paper – perhaps the best we have seen from Pact in SWL. Rangey just needs to pull it all together and hope those Wild Animal and Really Stupid rolls don’t fail at crucial moments. If they don’t – he will be hard to stop.

Prediction
1st – Sotek Sacred Spawning
2nd – Kowabunga Konnection
3rd – Malapropism Mania

DB Conference
As with the Frosters conference, we have a fairly balanced group of teams (though slightly less beardy and a little bigger).

DC has finally taken Orcs in SWL. Anyone who was doubting his ability as a coach should just keep a little eye on the progress of DBG. They earned promotion last season and are starting to hit their stride, though they are a few BOB skills short of challenging this season.

The Wussbags can’t seem to maintain momentum. Fortis is definitely improving and getting a good feel for the nancy elves – he just needs to get a good run of games and a decent Wardancer to pull it altogether.

The Hunting Crocs came close last season and Bobs is finally showing the ability that made him a Prem champ. However, the team looks fairly slim on skills. With a few more skilled saurii he could become a real force in the SWL which desperately needs a good lizardmen team.

Crypt-O-Night have played solidly in Prem off the back of Rabid’s skill as a coach. He will relish the season in conference and may finally get those mummies going again. For me this is the team to beat in the DB conference.

The friendliness of CRP to elves can be seen in Smegishs’ Mexican Standoff. Despite a horrendous casualty history, the team is still absurdly strong. They won’t be easy beats and if the dice come his way – Smegish will be in prem next season.

Pysch Lab are finally balancing out a little, though they still have some absolute beasts in the team. Notably absent is a star Gutter Runner or two – if he can develop a couple (shouldn’t take long) then the Lab will be back amongst the chances.

The Tribute rebuild is well underway and so far looks to be fairly successful. We have a few decent blitzers starting to get going and a bunch of useful roleplaying linos. If polemarch can stay focused on the long term goal of a prem title, the team should be able to ramp up their development this season.

The Large Head On Colliders are coming off their worst season in history. They’re in the process of rebuilding but still look too dependant on their established stars. This could hold them back a little, but they are cheesedorfs and wont be easy beats in confs.

Prediction
1st – Crypt-O-Night
2nd – Mexican Standoff
3rd – Large Head On Colliders

Reggies
We have a solid sized Regional’s again this season. Looking at the makeup, I think the two chaos teams are ready to start competing, especially Dubious Ethos. Similarly, the Wanja Warriors and Grimey Limeys will be competing for promotion. While Cirque have been demoted, it may be a blessing for coach Megrim and should present the opportunity to develop his team.

Games of the Season
Slumbering Skink vs Public Service Announcement
Blackwater Sting vs Wonga Wonga Whalekillers
Black Swans vs Darkstar Corsairs
Crypt-O-Night vs LHC
Sotek’s Sacred Spawning vs Redgum’s Rodents

Last edited by Tomay on %b %30, %2014 - %07:%May; edited 1 time in total
DrPoods

Post   Posted: May 27, 2014 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't wait!

Post   Posted: May 27, 2014 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Advanced rules tab didn't work for me

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
swladmin

Post   Posted: May 27, 2014 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

My bad try this

Tomay

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 07:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Season Preview Up

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 08:01 Reply with quote Back to top

No love for Malalocide...

Not surprising really.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Daudy, we should learn how to Blood Bowl.
Foad

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Any reason you spent an hour doing a preview but didn't actually do the draw?

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Kickoff Sunday.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

yeh fair cop of a review. Im going to struggle to hold out the aggies and probably dont have the muscle to take on the heavy hitting teams so yeh could be one season prem team on my hands. Ill keep on punching though. If I can survive the brutal games and play containment bowl against the agginators well one never knows.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay, I'm back! After 1.8 babies temporarily knocked me out of the blood bowl scene!

Should be a fun season Very Happy
Faulcon

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Lots of big teams in premier this season, looks like a very competitive group. Slumbering Skink will of course give our best effort but it's all in the capricious hands of nuffle who can turn the best plans into snakes.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Hats and horned helmets off to Tomay for that mammoth of a season preview.

The most comprehensive yet.

Gives a wide insight into everything moving in SWL. Much appreciated!

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
 Jump to: