12 coaches online • Server time: 06:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Agree or disagree?
Yes
23%
 23%  [ 12 ]
No
76%
 76%  [ 40 ]
Total Votes : 52

PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2014 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

IMO the first skill up for a Black Orc should be Mighty Blow...Makes getting to 16+ easier.

BUT

if the Black Orc rolls a double he takes dodge.

ALSO

He takes all +Stat upgrades and then at 16+ SPP takes block...he is the slow progression BoB on your team.

Summary

Take MB on a normal
Take Dodge on the double and on 16+ take block.
Take ALL +Stat upgrades..of course I would say +AV over +MV all day long on the first skill up.

Logic behind dodge is that it is mega awesome coupled with Stand Firm and turbo mega awesome if you should roll the second double and take diving tackle.

SF/DT/Blodge BoB is one serious pain in the back side.

Last edited by PainState on Aug 19, 2014 - 19:10; edited 1 time in total
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2014 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Block or Guard, my personal progression is Block, Guard, Mighty Blow, but if I lack Guard I may take it as first skill before Block.
Blitzers are your killers of choice, BoBs are more supporting players than killers, and I will never take + Stats on them but Strength.

Last edited by MattDakka on Aug 19, 2014 - 19:13; edited 1 time in total
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2014 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Why +av over +ma? On a BOB I would take +ma. Especially since they get tied down a lot and have to deal with a claw or two.

I would not take the +ag though....and I think on a +ag roll you should be able to treat it as a double!

I am with you on Dodge all the way though!

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2014 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird wrote:
Why +av over +ma? On a BOB I would take +ma. Especially since they get tied down a lot and have to deal with a claw or two.

I would not take the +ag though....and I think on a +ag roll you should be able to treat it as a double!

I am with you on Dodge all the way though!

+ ST is the only stat worth to be taken.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2014 - 19:19
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

IMO, block then mb or guard. +MA is a waste for a slow likely non-ball-handler. +AV is great if your in a low claw zone or have a large amount of guard already on the LoS. For dodges i'd say dodge or jump up (if they also already have tackle then dive tackle).

And yes +ST should always be taken.
Roland

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2014 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Always block first!
Bazakastine

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2014 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Block first.

Guard second.

Mighty Blow third.

After that you have some options.

I don't find the opportunity cost of MB first to be worth it. Yes you get all three core skills faster but Block/Guard are the ones you really need and those games where you don't have them you will have more trouble in.

+ST is the only stat I would take. Doubles Dodge/SS/DT are all worthwhile at the right time I think although Dodge first is almost always the way to go.
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2014 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

+AG on a BoB gives you a 3+ on dodge outs AND catching/picking up the ball.

Why is a ST4 ball handler not a good thing....He will not be your primary ball handler but having that option is very nice IMO.

Last edited by PainState on Aug 19, 2014 - 19:30; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2014 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

If you are only concerned with dodging out...take Break Tackle for the 2+ and it only costs 20TV.

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2014 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

If he took MB instead of +ag, maybe he killed that guy he is dodging away from earlier in the game! Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2014 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

The answer options make no sense in regard of the question. Very Happy

Also, Block beats MB to 16 SPP. Yeah yeah I know, if you calculate the odds of injuring an opposing play MB wins, but what you're missing is that with Block skill you will simply throw more blocks, due to being more turnover-safe and due to getting knocked over less often.

You will also score more TDs and skill your AG3 players faster with Block.
Malmir

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2014 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends how fast you need to skill them depending upon the situation of the rest of the team. First three skills should be block, guard mb but either block or mb first. No stats except str are worth taking - too many other things needed that are far more useful.
mikere

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2014 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Block first always (except double sixes). MB next if you need this BoB to progress faster, otherwise guard. +av and +mv are not terribly good choices - Block, mb and guard are all better on a BoB. PO is a later option, but with the slow move can leave your BoB away from the play a bit.
dode74

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2014 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard first on each until one has block, then block first. Guard is more use to the team, but once one has block he will hog the blocking, stunting the growth of those without it.

Which poll option is agree and which is disagree?
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2014 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Disagree with almost everything, except Dodge on doubles, though DT is at least as good, depending on when you roll it and what they already have. You're still in a wibbly wobbly world of your own...