15 coaches online • Server time: 06:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
luxyluxo

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I remember when I was about 12/13 years old, we put together two Bloodbowl pitches to allow for a 4 team match Very Happy. We also used two balls to cause even more mayhem. Did anyone else do this ? and would there ever be any potential for this to happen on Fumbbl ? Though I must admit one game would probably take 2-3 hours Laughing Though you could tweak the rules.
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

And this one time at band camp...

Oh wait, wrong forum.

Very Happy
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Just as long the 2 balls never touch right?

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
luxyluxo

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Especially if they are spikey balls Embarassed
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Help pages are your friend . It's called death bowl https://fumbbl.com/help:Game+Variants

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome , cheers Garion Very Happy
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2014 - 03:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I've played it two or three. It's pretty cool, however there are a few drawbacks. The major one that I remember was there was one halfling coach playing. He ended up being the butt of the game and everybody running in TDs against him. This I think is the major drawback and once you gain experience in this format, like a bunch of piranhas you start to look for the weak link in the game and abuse it.

The other draw back was general logistics. Big square tables aren't common, so getting everybody around the table without bumping and space problems isn't easy. It sounds easy, but it isn't.

As for FUMBBL, I very much doubt it. It's a totally new game with so much more coding for a niche project. I would like to see a multiple ball option though. This brings a massively new dynamic to the game, as stalling out halves is much harder to do and has less of an influence.

Oh and for TT there are fields available now to play this style game. ff fields do them for sure.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2014 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

It's interesting enough. Our TT league sometimes uses it to play the playoffs of a season. There's a bunch of rule variants possible. One is that you can only score directly across from your starting side. A good one is to use two balls (otherwise you have 3 defenders most of the time). On the PC; I suppose Cyanide might implement it buggily at some point, and then sell it to everyone they can three or four times over.

Jump to: