55 coaches online • Server time: 22:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Will you go A.P.E.?
Yes!
38%
 38%  [ 20 ]
Nope.
21%
 21%  [ 11 ]
I would, but no time
17%
 17%  [ 9 ]
Mmmmaybe...
15%
 15%  [ 8 ]
Ook-Ook Pie
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 52

Smeat

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

(Update, Feb 5 '15)

A.P.E., the Alliance for Primate Experimentation, is about to start Season 2! (target mid/late February '15)

Each coach plays 2 teams - one Simyins, one "other". Each 10-day Round, a pair of coaches play 2 games - their Ape team v. the "other" team of their opponent.

End of the season, the top Ape teams play each other in a knockout King of the Jungle tourney.

Not too late to join the rumble in the jungle! New teams get "builder" games so no one will start from scratch.

Put together your Ape roster, and join now! (Use drop-down menu @ bottom of Group Members page: https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=8898 )

(Original post...)

A while ago, it was announced that a new team was soon being released into the wild, Simyins, aka “Apes”.

And (as of Oct 13) “soon” has arrived!

A lot of coaches have followed the Apes of Wrath, and are wondering if they couldn't do better. Or just if a different team development path, or a different playstyle might have done better. Or maybe you just are inspired by what you think you can do with 5x Grab with +St players. Or just want to try something new, and an ape-themed team speaks to you.

This race is only be available for [L]eague play – so if your League is not allowing them, or if your League doesn’t have room for a new team for some time until a new season starts, you’re out of luck.

But no you’re not!

There is a Simyin League, expressly for the purpose of letting each and every coach take a swing (ahem) with this new team.

Here's the basic format...

The premise is the Alliance for Primate Experimentation – A.P.E – with the purpose of figuring out how this new teams works. Simyins are many thngs, but they are certainly an unknown – how do you develop a team of Extra Arm players, what skills are good/best on four St 4 with SA access, what tactics arise with 5x Grab-Strength players, how best to develop MA 7 Wrestle players, and so forth.

In order to give every coach a chance to play Simyins and not play just against other Simyins, each coach will play 2 teams – one Simyin, one “other”. Each ~10 days (? tbd), a pair of coaches will schedule both their games – each Simyin team against the other’s non-Simyin team. (Makes things simpler, gets the job done faster and cleaner.)

If there’s enough interest, we’ll have a “Euro” League, and an “Americas” League, to help with timezone conflicts. (Even “Pacific” if we have enough!).

At the end of the regular Season, there will be a best Ape team, and a best “other” team – and the best Ape teams will play a quick knockout against each other for “King of the Jungle” (while others play an off-season Swiss for spp).

So – interest? All in favour, say "Ook ook!", build a [L]eague Simyin team and join now!

Edit: (the bare bones of a League page) (including Race Positional Roster & Star Players)

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)

Last edited by Smeat on %b %05, %2015 - %22:%Feb; edited 15 times in total
Pentalarc

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Ook Ook, I'm in
SunDevil

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 02:43 Reply with quote Back to top

This is so cool... Smile

Stay off the sidelines!
TenaciousPiggy

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds really cool, not sure if I can handle more league atm though. Especially one that took several games a week.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 03:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm thinking you aren't alone in that.

A cycle of "10 days" (actually 3x/month, deadlines on 1st, 11th & 21st) would be best to start. So technically 1 game/5 days, BUT it'd be with the same coach, so you could arrange both back-to-back ~if~ that works better for your scheduling.

Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be more than willing to join
buuface

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 05:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely interested

oops i mean. Ook ook
Smeat

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2014 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

8 plus a couple "maybe's" - less than I'd hoped.

Won't be able to do 2 diff Conferences for the diff timezones without more, but I've thrown the bare bones of a League page up (including the full Simyins Roster!), and we'll see if momentum grows once the Apes get released to the wild.

Last edited by Smeat on %b %10, %2014 - %13:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Roland

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2014 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not a simyin Meta group?
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2014 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

The Bonobo's skill access on regular or doubles shows G in both. I believe you meant for the G in the Doubles section to be an A.

YW

buuface

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2014 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Have applied with Norse
hbgs

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2014 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Ook Ook
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2014 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Banana Republic League.

I am in!
If I have to call for a non-primate race, i call for Dwarves or Chaos Dwarves. Grab the ball in my tacklezones, monkey!
babass

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2014 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I would love to play those serial grabers Smile

Quote:
o To start, Rounds will be ~10 days (deadlines before the 1st, 11th & 21st of each month). (If this seems too slow/fast, we'll adjust.)

As we would have 2 teams, it would 6 games per month Sad
It's maybe too much for me Sad
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2014 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Ook Ook. Count me in!

10 days a little on the tight side but doable. I guess it would be nice from a playtesting point of view if we had as many different races as poss for the non-ape teams.