15 coaches online • Server time: 07:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BobBifford

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Simple question but i want to make sure. Is it preferable to buy rerolls while creating the team or its ok after?

Does a reroll while creating raise TV by 70k and after by 140K

thx for answering
Roland

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

no, it always adds 70k to TV, but costs 140k to buy after team creation
BobBifford

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Ty, i was not sure
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

What Roland said, also get at least 2 rerolls to start and preferably 3 with most teams.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:
What Roland said, also get at least 2 rerolls to start and preferably 3 with most teams.

Or if you want to fly by the seat of your pants get 2 rerolls for every team except:

Halflings, Goblins, Ogres, Lizardmen (No surehanded access on natural skill rolls, unless you wanna 5+ pickup Saurus. Also Ogres, Goblins, and Halflings basically don't have natural access to any rerollable skills that they don't already inherently have access [Dodge, Surefeet])

Slann (cause you are going to leap at some point and 3+ leaps are not nearly reliable enough and to boot, usually leaps are very important plays.)

Vampires (cause you're going to probably to reroll a bloodlust at some point)
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, go 2 rerolls on lizardmen. You want all 7 real players (for optimal chance of one of them catching the MVPs, if nothing else)

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

The question was mostly about Nurgle. Been able to got 2 rerolls after 2 games. I real wabt to know what the best nurgle starting crew.

Thx guys
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Imho 2 RR ain't enough for any team that can afford more. A team is really only operational with at least 3 and it saves a lot of time and money saving to start with such an amount.

Note that RR don't cost the same for all teams and range from 50-70k. The cost difference is of considerable significance with more RR.

Teams are ideally balanced on 4 RR so you may very well start with that amount if possible.
BobBifford

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

With nurgle you have many of those very weak guys if you start with 4 rerolls. Im no sure i win my first game with such a weak crew
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't say you should. Was speaking in general terms as you hadn't made your post at that point. And in general terms I wasn't recommending to go with 4 if it costs you everything.

Nurgle are tricky because they don't start out well. No block and other support skills make RR even more important, on the other hand your concerns are reasonable and you should find a good balance.

I'd focus on a lot or better maximum of strengh paired with the highest number of RR. Then go from there stock up on player count and quality players.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:

On the Racial Strategies & Rosters page, under "Team Rosters" for each Race, there are suggestions and often comments for each race and the various mixes of positional players - why it's wise to take one mix, why it's risky to take another, how many RR are recommended with each (and why), etc.

While those are not all The Last Word, they are solid advice and recommended reading for new(er) coaches.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I Was taking a look at the suggested setups in the help section. https://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6Nurgle%27sRottersSetUp but couldn't really find one I liked.

The 3 RR would be quite important to me. On the other hand, 3 Nurgle Warriors are a poor number to start with because defensively you can't create a balance of strengh road blocks on both sides with only 3 players and the big guy is always a bit of a wild card.

Edit
So I was thinking maybe:

4 Nurgle Warriors 440
5 Rotter 200
3 RR 210
Pestigor 80
Rotter 40

---
potentially a Cheerleader and assistant coach from here to bump up the RR count.,, putting the money on the bench to save up for either a big guy, other quality players or a RR all is fine...

Edit: Was just rereading the first setup and getting confused because it was the same build I suggested with the same amount of money left but with a Big Guy instead...

The setup should cost exactly 1 million there.

Now I'm thinking: The Big Guy / 3 Nurge Warrior (variant 1) may be better after all just because it doesn't produce excess money to start with.

Last edited by Wreckage on %b %23, %2014 - %23:%Sep; edited 3 times in total
BobBifford

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Allright, exactly what i looking for. Racial roster

Ty people for answering, very nice of you
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

DP - Dirty Post

Last edited by mrt1212 on %b %23, %2014 - %23:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
Actually, go 2 rerolls on lizardmen. You want all 7 real players (for optimal chance of one of them catching the MVPs, if nothing else)

1xKrox
6xSaurus
4xSkinks
2xRerolls
0xApo

right?

I still worry about failing multiple pickups but I'm terrible with ReRoll management and routinely blow through them in the first 3 turns. Also, as with any apo free team, one death/mng in the first game to a 0-6 or 0-1 can make it borderline impossible to get that team action in Box.

Better coaches than I can feel free to do it that way.
 Jump to: