24 coaches online • Server time: 03:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, invited to participate, sort of. But when you request that people do so in private PMs rather than the group ones, it isn't possible to contribute to an ongoing discussion. But that's a minor point.

I dunno, I just feel that the original concept of the WCS, teams grouped by in-universe geography, was very fluffy. And that was the appeal. These new changes seem to go against that. Every nation has it's own local league, where teams compete to be the best (good fluff). But then they cut lots of their best players every year, or move to an elite division with none of the local flavour of the individual divisions? Not so good.

And leaving a year between seasons seems designed to limit player retention, which will reduce rivalries, and half of the fun of leagues.

Of course, it's your baby, and you can do whatever you want, but as is, I think I'm out. Good luck with it.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
... But then they cut lots of their best players every year, or move to an elite division with none of the local flavour of the individual divisions?

And leaving a year between seasons seems designed to limit player retention, which will reduce rivalries, and half of the fun of leagues.

Cut every year again or move to elite division? Is Xnoelx' assumption correct? If yes I fully agree with him. This would basically mean that after year 1 you either feel like being part of Groundhog Day next year or have to move over to just another ordinary league (the Elite league), and all that in a not so sexy one-season-per-year modus.

I was enthusiastic when I first read about the restart of WCS, but thinking again the new concept doesn't appeal to me that much.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Meanandugl wrote:

I was enthusiastic when I first read about the restart of WCS, but thinking again the new concept doesn't appeal to me that much.

*shrug* Distribution really boils all down to numbers. The less interest there is in playing high TV teams (ie the less teams apply there) the less point in running a high level league.

IF we have 16 applicants in one nation, 8 low, 8 high that would be perfect of course, but what is the point in spinning through all the eventualities? Right now I'm running this essentially at the convenience of the participants...

One thing is certain tho, I don't have the time to run the league over the whole year, neither as admin nor as coach... I said this before... anyone of you can step up and take care of things, I'd be happy to be able to focus on my other projects.

And we can't really run a league with only 20 highly developed teams and a bunch of rookies. But you can't really expect everyone to come back after that amount of time.

With the badlands we have handled things a bit differently since they were actually running the whole year.

The WCS is ultimativly a league that heavily thrives on participation and there are lots of systems in place for it. To stand at the sidelines and whine about not being able that the own outmaxed cpomb CD team can't play with the ogres anymore is really not the kind of thing I really care about but there you go, everyone is different.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh. The CD team in the Ogre nation a) didn't have any CPOMB, and b) won last season, so would've moved to another division if last season's ruleset had continued. So that was hardly my complaint. But with such obvious enthusiasm from the league admin, I think this is bound to be a roaring success...

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Wreckage, no offense meant! I appreciate the effort, and like Xnoelx said, it's your baby. However, imo speaking out now is better than complaining (or worse: dropping from the league) afterwards.

And WRT "outmaxed cpomb CD team" - well, my WCS team is close to the opposite end of the spectrum: Pro Elves
lemf

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

hello I put my Necro back into land of the dead. will try another season Smile
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been bugging Wreckage to get this restarted again for a while, and I'm happy to see so much interest in it.

I also understand the concern about TV cutting. One thing that would really help is if we got some Overlords to start applying to run the various nations and help distribute the workload. Then that governing body can discuss issues like high TV teams returning.

Wreckage, will you have an Overlord to run the elite nation or are you handling that one yourself? I can run both Badlands A and B.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

[whine]
Thanks for your advise, Wreckage, but I certainly won't make cuts like that. The Chain Breakers are a very fluffy team and each player has his own history and connection to his teammates. Sure, I could find fluff explanations why some dropped out or got missing... but firing two of my most promising (+AG skaven renegade) and/or funny (+AG +MA Juggernaut mino) can't be the way for me.

The team is also bound to play in Naggaroth (due to its fluff) until it's forced to go, but an elite league is certainly not the way to go I had in mind. Leaving like that would mean I pretty much abandon their fight for Naggaroth's oppressed ones.

All that being said, I respect your efforts to keep the league alive and improve it in a way that's best for the league. It just seems my concept doesn't fit in anymore, which of course makes me sad, especially as there is no real alternative to the WCS for my team.
[/whine]

One last general concern though: Does that mean that in the international stage, most of the teams will have started with less than 1250k (possibly further developed in the meantime of course), but one or two teams could well be around 2000k of TV (because they started close to the TV cap in the elite league)? If it's like that, rookie teams will still have a very hard time to rise to the top in that environment!

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2014 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Maimfist Maniorx will be applying to Badlands A (TV 1800) as soon as we figure out whom to cut to get down to the correct TV.

Update: applied

I'll keep you posted on what other coaches will be joining as well.

Last edited by Cavetroll on Oct 02, 2014 - 18:37; edited 1 time in total
DeZigma

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2014 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

--> Appling BADLANDS A --
PRONE BOOT KINGS

BADLANDS, BADLANDS ...

WHATCHA GONA DO WHEN DAI COME FOR UH!
Macabeo

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2014 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

My Gobbo team Stuck in the Rat Race used to play in Under Empire, but the goblin spot is not there anymore (I think because we got the first position and the team moved somewhere else?).

Anyway, I'm willing to apply with a new team to whichever nation needs more teams, so no big deal if I cannot continue playing with my goblins in Under Empire.
DeZigma

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2014 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Well are you moving forward with it? Or do you still thinking of doing it?

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I reapplied my human team to the group and would like to stay in Karaz Angkor. Let me know if that works, thanks.

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Recruitment update - Here's how the nation picture is filling out

Badlands Series A (TV 1800) - (Overlord Cavetroll)
Cavetroll (Orc), DeZigma (Orc), uzkulak (Goblin), Winni (Undead), Dalfort (Khemri), dabassman (Goblin),
Village_Idiot (Orc), pythrr (Orc), Throweck (Goblin), cameronhawkins (Ogre?), Khysanth (Undead?)

Badlands Series B (TV 1250) - (Overlord Cavetroll)
Great Gobbo (Goblin), Macabeo

Land of the Dead -
lemf (Necro)

Naggaroth -
the_Sage (Dark Elf)

Karaz Angkor -
SzieberthAdam (Human)

Ogre Kingdoms - (Overlord Wreckage)
Wreckage (Ogre)

Empire -
El_Dude (Human)

Bretonnia - (Overlord awambawamb?)

Under Empire -

Norsca -

Lustria -

Realm of Chaos -
BillBrasky (Pact), ilpars (Chaos)

Ulthuan -
Meanandugl (Elf)

The Moot -

Elite Group (TV 1800) -

If I put anyone in the wrong nation or you want to switch, please let me know. For some teams I went with the info from Season 2.

If anyone wants to be an Overlord for a nation, please let Wreckage and myself know.

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

You can add Hell Pit Scourge somewhere. Since my rats have a Travel Pass, I'm just mooting over where to go. By the way - what limits are there on the Travel Pass? Can I apply for anywhere?

Jump to: