39 coaches online • Server time: 18:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
flydd

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2014 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I am working on an all blocker dwarf team, it may eventually get a deathroller but for now it is all blocker, and I trying to work out the skill progression. I will not be taking +MA for theme reasons and I am not sure +AV is worth it.

My intial thoughts are for the majority of blockers

Normals: Guard, MB, Stand Firm/PO (dependent on circumstances)
Stats: +ST, +AG (if +AG possibly switch to ball handler)

One or two ball handlers with

Normals: Sure hands, Kick off return, Kick/Guard
Stats: +AG, +ST

I have not yet decided on the doubls skills for the team I am tempted by Dodge, Diving Tackle, Jump up and Side Step.

Dodge is pretty obvious. Diving tackle will make it even harder for agility teams to escape. Jump up would work well with diving tackle and PO as well as allowing for a bigger move/blitz range from prone. Side step would keep the blockers in contact and prevent surfing but Stand firm can do this as well.

I am thinking of going for Jump up as first doubles and DT as second and ignoring dodge all together. Does this sound sensible?
C3I2

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2014 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

You have two build types, I would say that Guard/SF is the most interesting path both tactically and theme influenced. Given that path, just adding one MB/PO makes you a lot harder hitting, one way to do so is to wait for the double pick jump-up, then go MB/PO. And as you noted if anyone gets Ag3, make him a carrier with kick off return (aiming for AG, KoR, SH, SF, Juggernaut - Dodge on doubles).
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2014 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Hold on.... you wouldn't take the MA? Is this for fluff reasons? Because for usefulness, it would be golden.

I've played a few teams like this, side step is pretty useful, more useful than dodge I guess. 2 with sure hands 1 at least with kor.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2014 - 05:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Its obvious for fluff
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2014 - 06:00 Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:
Its obvious for fluff

Not that I want to get into any conversations with you.... however is it?

"I will not be taking +MA for theme reasons and I am not sure +AV is worth it."

You know I've been thinking further on this (I love projects like this). You know what might be a really clever skill if you can afford it (TV wise)? frenzy.

Thinks about it, when on defence you had 2 frenziers one each side of the pitch(ish), you'll be narrowing the pitch by a sqaure (hopefully, or causing problems with this anyway).

This would be a massive bonus for slow-arsed ma4 dorf blockers.

As for your skills. Guard/SF would be pretty important, make progress difficult. This would also work with the frenzy. Keep the centre stiff so they move to the sides, where frenzy becomes a problem.

POMBers? Maybe 1 killer blitzer, but after that.....I wouldn't. Unless you're thinking about making it just a pombing machine, which then is a boring project.
Fortis

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2014 - 07:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The whole project seems boring as hell. Take the most boring team that there is, choose the most boring player they have and spam it and then see if you can guardspam your way to victory. Yay.

I would assume the theme to the no +MV is that if you are taking that then you may as well just be buying blitzers.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2014 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

There is quite a lot of all lineman teams on the site if you look. Its one way to make it harder for yourself.
buuface

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2014 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I play a few all-beastmen teams. Good fun!
flydd

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2014 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Not taking +MA is for fluff reasons, I want to try and make a team with only MA4 across all players. This limits me to blockers and the death roller only.

I do like the frenzy idea and as I am not really bothered about TV then it will probably be the third skill on two blockers after Guard and Stand Firm.

I was planning on having two POMBers eventually but as PO makes the players even slower it would wait till after Jump Up.

I was thinking MB before stand firm for two reasons first it helps remove players from the pitch which is important for such a slow team as I can quite often end up out numbered near the ball due to players being stranded at the other side/end of the pitch and unable to get back to help with the MA 4. Also it will get them to the third skill quicker.
flydd

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2014 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Fortis wrote:
The whole project seems boring as hell. Take the most boring team that there is, choose the most boring player they have and spam it and then see if you can guardspam your way to victory. Yay.

I would assume the theme to the no +MV is that if you are taking that then you may as well just be buying blitzers.

I understand people may see it as boring but I am enjoying the challenge so far. It i not the easiest team to play and certain teams would do very well against it with fast players who can score quickly and hit the ball carrier whilst they are in the back field.

I am trying not to pick with this team and will generally accept any games offered.
 Jump to: