41 coaches online • Server time: 15:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nabolo

Post 22 Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 02:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Guys ! Hope it's the right section to ask...

Well I got that team, I kind of really like (I'm a fairly new player) but one of my main player got injured and got a -1MA... that player is a dark elf witch that also had had a +1AG and leap so I thought I could have made a good use out of it...

Now I'm not quite sure what to do with that team... I'm thinking that I don't like Witches so much, specially now that one of them got -1MA and that I'd rather go back to something more sober, such as 2x Blitzers, 1xRunner and the rest of linemen...

But I'm not really aware of the value of the bonuses I already got... I got one blitzer with guard which I really like, and another one with +AG, which I think is valuable but Im not sure how much...

So overall, wjhat should I do ? Should I start over to get a new fresh team with that new configuration I mentioned above (Blitzers & runner) or should I fire every one I don't want anymore in that very team: whitches, runners, assasin, etc to get to the same result but with that same team ?

Some advices would be greatly appreciated as I m a nexcomer and not very sure of the values of things/skills I got...

Thx a lot !!

Oh and the link to the team >
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=785170
Mossbeard

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 03:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you could do both.

If you want to keep that team, you can fire the two injured players, play with 3 loners then start replacing linemen. There is nothing wrong with the team or any skill picks that i can see, other then a couple too many av7 players. I like Witches over Assassins or Runners but either way you need to have less av7 players so you can protect them more effectively.

You could also make a new team with the line up you mentioned and see how that works out. If you do make a new team i would keep the old one too, just in case you want to use them again sometime.

Good luck!
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, as above. Fire both of the injured players, and maybe the assassin, though you could keep him, he'll die soon enough. One note is if you did start a new team, aim for 4 blitzers, not just 2. You'd basically be looking at variation 1 on this page, and then buy another reroll as soon as you have the cash. And you can have up to 100 teams, so there's no reason to get rid of this one either way.

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 03:44 Reply with quote Back to top

There are two good dark elf starters in my opinion, the one xnoelx mentions which you used for this team and then:

1 Witch Elf
3 Blitzers
7 Lineman
2 Rerolls
Total 1,000k

As said, try it out if you like or maybe start a new one with the same starting line up. In any case it's no reason to retire the old team.

An efficient way to start the team is to focus on getting dodge on all blitzers and only hire 1 witch and no extra runner or assassins.

Anyway you seem to be doing ok with some special skill ups (which might be a bit weaker right now than just going for block/dodge but will be very useful later on) and a lot of the 'weaker' positionals so you might as well continue, right? Very Happy

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Nabolo

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to you all guys, it's really nice to get some help from more experience players and I've to say the Fumbbl community has been helpful beyond expectation so far, I'm so happy to play here, along with you all ! =D

This said, and regarding the team: I definitely won't play without the four blitzers.

I just played a game to be able to make some change on the team.

What I already did is:
- firing my least experience runner (one remains, with dodge)
- firing my injured lineman
- hiring a former journeyman (he had got 1 SPP in my game this morning)

Regarding the assassin:
I owe him my victory this morning: he has leaped into the cage and stabbed the ball carrier (against dwarves). It looks like this guy really wants to stay in the team ! XD
I guess I'll keep it a little longer, he can be a good joker card, I believe... I'll tryi it out !

Regarding the witches:
I need to fire one. Two are too many I believe... But which one ? The one with +AG and leap, etc ? It has minus -MA but can it still be a good scorer ?
Or the other one with wrestle ? How much do they increase the TV and put me in difficulty ? Because if I understood correctly, my aim should be to have the most efficient team for the cheapest value, correct?
Ideally I'd like to have twelve players as well... It's all a bit confusing what should be the best decision, regarding my ambitions...

Oh, one of my blitzer skilled up after the game: I added "Jump up" to Block, Dodge, Tacle he already had
Nabolo

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Problem solved regarding the witch: she just has been killed in battle XD
T3mpano

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Regarding your questions/comments:

1.- Which witch to keep? The one that doesn't have a permanent injury. Although it might feel a tough call, in say 10-15 games, would you prefer to have the injured witch with 2 mores skills or the normal one? It usually doesn't pay to keep an injured player...unless he has a hard to get combination

2.- How do they increase the TV?In your team page, under the "cost" column, it adds the gold cost and the skills/stats earned.

From the CRP and from memory, skills= 20k, doubles 30, AV/MA= 30, AG=40 and ST=50

3.- Should your aim be to have the best team at the lowest TV?

That a very personal preference.

Some coaches prefer to have no fat.

Others, enjoy having stat freaks, regardless of their impact on the TW

And then you have the middle ground Smile

Hope it helps!
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, as you have so little cash I wouldn't have hired the journeyman unless he had at least 3 SPPs. Ideally the MVP.

I'd save my cash for replacing blitzers & witches. I'd want around 250k in the bank before buying 0,1,2 SPP lino.

I wouldn't fire either of the witches. You've spent the money so let them play. One will die soon enough. Wink

Quote:
my aim should be to have the most efficient team for the cheapest value, correct?

Your aim should be to enjoy the game. If winning gives you the most fun then sure. But if you prefer a more 'fluffy' experience then never fire an uninjured player.

Your players will die soon anyway unless you put effort into protecting them. Enjoy then while they last.

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

You were so right: my assassin and witches died, problem solved XD

Thx a lot for your explanation though, that's helps ! =)
 Jump to: