45 coaches online • Server time: 11:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should Perfect D be changed?
Yes, I agree with the Great Gobbo
35%
 35%  [ 16 ]
No, the Great Gobbo is whiner
42%
 42%  [ 19 ]
I dont vote on polls written in crayon
22%
 22%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 45

The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Stop yer winin bout CLAWPOMB an minmaxin an everyfin else an letz talk bout der elefant in der room: Perfekt D.

It az ruined moar gamez fer me den I kare ter menchun an I iz sikk of it, it iz way too powaful. Shud be like qwik snap an yer kan move wun square eech, an datz it.

Moan ovva.
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 16:28
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Watch the language!

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

jarvis_pants wrote:
Watch the language!
I just want to know what language it is first. For all I know he just proposed to marry a troll.

Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 16:57
FUMBBL Staff

Real english would be appreciated on the forums, we are not all fluent enough to understand half of your words great one.

Plus, If you set up your team nicely perfect D shouldn't hinder any plans all that much. its way better than re-rolling double skulls first block of the turn.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 17:01
FUMBBL Staff

Lorebass wrote:
Real english would be appreciated on the forums, we are not all fluent enough to understand half of your words great one.

Made perfect sense to me. Certainly more that the 'text speak' that all the kiddies are doing these days. Working in a school I truly at times fear for the English language.
tmoila

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Arguably changing it to quick snap equivelant would make it way more powerful than it is.

What would be better change is to move Blitz! to occupy 11's.

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
Lorebass wrote:

Made perfect sense to me. Certainly more that the 'text speak' that all the kiddies are doing these days. Working in a school I truly at times fear for the English language.

Are you implying that this great_gobo dude went through a public education school?

I would of assumed he grew up and was educated on top of some garbage heap in the borderlands somewhere.

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

tmoila wrote:
Arguably changing it to quick snap equivelant would make it way more powerful than it is
how?

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
tmoila wrote:
Arguably changing it to quick snap equivelant would make it way more powerful than it is
how?

-3 free blocks for the opposition.
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, though that can be avoided sometimes anyway. But the biggest problem with perfect D is when the opposition sticks his whole team on the LoS.

Maybe if it were changed to - May move every player 1 square but must remain a legal set up .

Huge nerf to it that way but that's the point really.

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 17:20
FUMBBL Staff

Garion wrote:
Yeah, though that can be avoided sometimes anyway. But the biggest problem with perfect D is when the opposition sticks his whole team on the LoS...

Any time I have had an opponent do this to me it has made the drive easier... for me. Perfect D should be used to relocate your players to best counter theirs (like moving the tackle pomber to the other side of the pitch where the +MA blodging sidestepper is.
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Really depends on the teams. Humans vs say orcs and you are screwed, they can completely lock your los players down and then hit them the following turn.

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Really depends on the teams. Humans vs say orcs and you are screwed, they can completely lock your los players down and then hit them the following turn.

Never ever fear 3+ dodges...dodge out, get the edge and those greenskins are toast and sets up a easy 2 turn score for humanity and the WIN!!!!

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course there is a way around Perfect Defense and Blitz....when on offense set up like you assume they are going to roll one of those and you would probably be better off, don't you think?

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Lorebass wrote:
Garion wrote:
Yeah, though that can be avoided sometimes anyway. But the biggest problem with perfect D is when the opposition sticks his whole team on the LoS...

Any time I have had an opponent do this to me it has made the drive easier...

If you play Norse, having the opponent pack the LOS on perfect D is just incredibly difficult to deal with sometimes. It's equivalent to a blitz really... if not worse as the opponent can't divide his attention with the ball

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
 Jump to: