45 coaches online • Server time: 14:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should Goblins and Halflings be allowed 3 big guys?
yes
44%
 44%  [ 27 ]
no
19%
 19%  [ 12 ]
Throw pie at Troll
36%
 36%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 61

delusional

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok Silly question and I still don't get it.

Why can Chaos Pact pick 3 Big guys but Halflings and Goblins only pick 2?

I just don't get this at all. If 2 big guys can join, why not 3?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

because CRP

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
because CRP

This...

(but nice Pie entry on the poll!)
Beerox

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 02:54 Reply with quote Back to top

They gave their kids booze and let them design a team. Chaos Pact.
Tymless

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Even the Old World and Lustrian pact teams could only have 2. so I guess it's just chaos pact and some snots.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I do think all teams should have at least one big guy available, and find it strange some dont, but yeah, pact with 3 is odd.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
Fortis

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 03:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Helves and Delves definitely don't need a big guy, nor are there any that really fit the theme that well. Amazons I guess could have an ogre fluffwise but don't really need it. I can't think of the other non-big guy teams.

Regarding having 3 big guys on goblin and halfling teams I don't think that this would improve the rosters at all. I quite like that pact is the only team that can do an all big guy line of scrimmage. It's also worth noting that the developed pact teams will rarely keep all 3 on the roster if they're trying to optimise.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Because of Jarvis Johnson. He wanted a team to represent the Chaos All-Stars. Hence that steaming pile of crap.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 04:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Beerox wrote:
They gave their kids booze and let them design a team. Chaos Pact.

drunk children would have done a better job

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 04:12 Reply with quote Back to top

A lot of the races are to represent the old second edition fluff background. If you have ever read the second Ed books, there is so much fluff and background compared to the newer versions of the game. This is why we have teams like Necro. Too show that past fluff wasn't bullshit but more factual. It's super silly, but that is the way it is.

Jeffro
delusional

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 04:23 Reply with quote Back to top

"Regarding having 3 big guys on goblin and halfling teams I don't think that this would improve the rosters at all."

I really don't get this comment. If it doesn't improve their rosters, then coaches will not pick them! Does it suit the stunty fluff? Well they are meant to be Halfling/Goblin teams. But sadly these rosters have been left with just "goblin" or just "halfling" players. So if we are talking fluff, give them positionals. If it improves their rosters, let the players decide.

"He wanted ... the Chaos All-Stars. Hence that steaming pile of crap." +1
Why do we have a starting team that is meant to be like a premium team. It would be like being able to start with the reikland reavers. I do think that there is a place for Pact and I like the concept. But it should be an extra Chaos Dwarf instead of the Big guy. If they are a union of Chaos players, ditch the Ogre and Troll and give them Chaos players!
poundfist

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 04:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Pact would work better, or more as planned anyway, if the marauders were 70K instead of 50K. this would limit the min/maxing and coaches would maybe take the big guys and play them as a regular team. Of course, in a scheduled (L) or challenge (R) league the min/max hardly matters, so probably it's just the Box environment that makes Pact seem broken.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 05:42 Reply with quote Back to top

because ogre teams get to have 6

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 06:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I miss the old rules when Flings and Gobbos used to be able to field as many big guys as they wanted...
delusional

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 07:53 Reply with quote Back to top

"because ogre teams get to have 6" but Ogre's are only ogre's and slings.

hey replace the marauders with snots and I will have no beef. I totally agree iwth this comment "drunk children would have done a better job"
 Jump to: