18 coaches online • Server time: 05:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2014 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Part of “A Box Full of Money”, the great HLP and ARR fundraiser!

cdassak dared me to sprint with stunties for a $5 pledge.
I told him I'd do it for $50 and here we are!

cdassak - $25
happygrue - $5
PaddyMick - $5
thebursar - $15
Lorebass - 1$ for every Kill the Stud Mens do over 10 games

This thread is for match reports and advices to do with the team and feel free to add any more donations in here.

First game is in the books - 2-1 win vs Flings.

I won the toss and chose to receive. Kick off was a high kick so Arnie ran over and caught the kick off -nice! Plenty of 3DBs and fouling meant we cleared the pitch of little mens(3 cas 6 ko) and made scoring pretty easy.
Fortunately only 3 Flings returned from KO so second half started 8 vs 11.
However I played badly and left myself open to a 2nd turn TTM, and the Flings duly scored. Arnie managed a pick up and started to move forward but a Tree made 2 GFI to blitz the snot protecting him and mark him. A 1D blitz, dodge and 2 GFI got him safe from the Tree but then he was mobbed by 4 little fellas who managed a double down. A big scrap for the ball ensued and a snotling finally managed to pick it up and run away to score on T16, surviving the hero fling who got 4 dice on him.

2 Snots got killed and a Brogre skilled up with a double. Leader is kind of tempting as it makes the usual option of Block effectively cost 70 TV, what do you boys think I should take?

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2014 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Leader is kind of tempting as it makes the usual option of Block effectively cost 70 TV, what do you boys think I should take?

Opportunity cost is a thing imo. Then again, it's box, so what do I know? =P
Rabe

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2014 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, you should know something about how to ideally process decisions at least. Razz

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2014 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

My career as a hot muscle babe snot lasted only one game, so sad... Sad

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2014 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

cdassak and ARR go down in game 1... now if that doesn't mean something!

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2014 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

First doubles for rookie ogre:
Block - build into main blitzer (tackle would be second double, PO on normal roll)
Sure Hands - build into ballcarrier (Block or Dodge on second double, BT on normal roll)
Dodge - build into mobile blitzer/ballcarrier (block on second double, BT on normal)

Leader is really something for snotlings not ogres.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2014 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm liking the idea of the super snot with leader!
I guess I will take Block now and hope for that later, cheers.

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2014 - 00:41
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

First game? Don't you mean third? Wink

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2014 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Hah well it's the first game of the second try.
Couldn't recover from 2 Brogres getting killed in the first try Sad.

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2014 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

First, third, doesnt really matter. Now that he sacrificed cdassak nothing can go wrong Razz

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2014 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

And now a 0-2 loss vs Flings Sad

C'mon man! Stonetroll is a better coach than me anyway but wow the dice seemed rough.
He won the toss and received, using an apo on his ko'd Tree and scoring on T4 via TTM.
The game looked OK at this point - although I had taken 2 BH Snots it was 11 vs 11 but then he got a Blitz! which I rolled some bad dice to fail to deal with. He ran forward with the ball but Dorian managed some heroics and put the ball in the crowd. The ball scattered back to midfield but all 3 Brogres near the ball went dumb so there was no pressure and he was able to TTM score on T8 to effectively put the game of sight - our T8 LOS bash did nothing and the TTM attempt failed.
Then 2nd half another Blitz! result. Oh joy.
We managed to recover and make a break with a Snot down the sideline, which was when a Fling made a 3db on our Snot, took the both down and killed himself! Finally a cas! The Brogres finally hurt some Flings after this but our snake eyes stopped a score on turn 6. Then the fails continued with both Snots and Brogres failing to pick the ball up to get a consolation.

One kill for Lorebass although it was with a Snotling!
Arnie skilled up in part thanks to his dodging tactics. BT seems like it would be rather useful, but I am soooo tempted by PO!

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2014 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

PO all mens so the second skill comes faster Smile
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2014 - 19:36
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Stonetroll wrote:
PO all mens so the second skill comes faster Smile

so long as he doesnt "doh" on the block/blitz or when he has to stand up.
Bazakastine

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2014 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

PO means you kill more mens means you don't need to break tackle away later. Wink
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2014 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Woohoo 1-1 draw vs bloody Zons!

We won the toss and chose to receive hoping to beat up the 11 womens team a bit.
Nothing happened on the LOS and nothing much happened for the first few turns, the Snots hung back while the 5 Brogres fought the team by themselves. Turn 3 was pretty amazing as a Lino double skulled vs Franco and SI'd herself.
The Zons played a solid defense and unfortunately my attempt to break through was met with a Bonehead so I just went for a silly TTM try on T7 which failed.
Luckily for us a Zon failed a dodge and we made 2 GFI, a pick up in a TZ and a hand off in a TZ for the T8 score woop woop!
2nd half I totally overcommitted to the top of the pitch, hoping for a 1/9 which didn't come so the Zons switched flanks and rolled down the pitch.
We managed to keep the pressure on with a Brogre dodge and the Zons failed one! Maybe should have just left a TZ on the ball but tried for the pick up - ball scattered right next to the group of Zons that 2 Brogres had tried to mark but both had boneheaded - doh! It was pretty easy for them after this and they stalled 'till turn 16.. but at least we didn't lose!
The TTM attempt on T16 was really hard and I messed up the chain push that would have made it a really slim possibility.

Made a few big mistakes here but never mind, a draw vs Zons is nice enough. SI Snot so maybe only 12 mens for next match but 120k in the bank so the 6th big man shouldn't be too far away!