26 coaches online • Server time: 01:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2014 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

I thought I would record the RNG stats for me...as I appeared to be having a significant about of bad luck (on top of not being very good!)

Last Game - Lost 0-5, 2 players Killed and 1 SI

..............Pows...Pow/Push.....B/D.....Push....Skulls
Op............22%.....23%.........16%......25%.....15%
Me............15%.....22%..........2%......37%.....24%

Let us see if I can improve my play (and roll less skulls!)
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2014 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

You missed a few important stats there , how many rolls how many 2 dice 1 dice blocks and so on.

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2014 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Underworld, against a Tackle loaded human team with a couple Tpombers = bad day at the office

mmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2014 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

.....1d...2d...3d
Op...2....41....9
Me...4....25....0
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2014 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh........you again.

You do not have a significant amount of bad luck, you just don't have the temperament for the game, as seen by your concession rate and rantings.

The forums certainly isn't the place for this. If you go to home/more/notes you can record your .....bad luck there.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2014 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

..how do you record your.. uhm... "bad luck"?
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2014 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

mmouse wrote:
.....1d...2d...3d
Op...2....41....9
Me...4....25....0

Ok well that tells the true story doesn't it.

Your opponent rolled more 2 d and 3 d blocks. I'd say you got off lightly considering you only managed 29 dice, 4 of which were 1d against your opponents 50 dice and 2 1ds

Last edited by Garion on %b %21, %2014 - %16:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
xyon

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2014 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I think its a fine idea to record the dice you rolled, not only the block dice, but agility rolls, armor rolls, and injury rolls. I don't think its ok to post it on the forums though, its something best kept in a .txt file or a .xcl spreadsheet. Then over the course of 1000 games you should present your data in a blog post instead of the forums.

What you will need to do is record not only the block dice that were chosen, but all of the block dice that came up as results.

Like, if a 3d block is rolled, and its a skull push and pow, you need to record each of those dice.

On armor rolls, dont just say it was 8, 9, 10, etc, record it as being, 4&6, 3&2, etc.

Same for injury rolls.

You should also record the skill up rolls you make, whether its a normal roll, a double roll, what kind of stat up (and whether that stat up was a double or not in case of the move/armor buff), also the total number of skill rolls to compare to the ones you get.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
Harad

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2014 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't bother Smile up to you but it's going to be a lot of effort from which you will learn that the RNG is, wait for it , random.

The best advice I had on this was from a legend who'd just kicked my ass. He invited me to look at the first half. In 8 turns with a relatively agile race he'd rolled 4 dice that were not 2d blocks. If instead of worrying about the randomness one concentrates on removing the chances of things going wrong, the game tends to go better. I'm not there by a long way, but it helped me.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2014 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

We're all the same with dice. It's honestly better not to know if you've been really unlucky; how would that help you, afterall? If you were confirmed as the most unlucky coach ever, how would that soothe you? We all of us go through runs of good and bad luck (myself included - I've rage quit once in spite of myself, sadly).

Swear a bit under your breath, shrug it off, assume you could have played better however the dice were rolled, and go again. Good luck. Wink
Calcium

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2014 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Harvestmouse is right, this is worthless ranting from a coach that uses the concession button more than 2D blocks Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2014 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Gurglepoo is right.

I wouldn't waste any time recording rolls. If you distrust the MNG then don't bother with FUMBBL at all. Any time spent on statistics like that is better used spectating other games and/or reading strategy guides.