38 coaches online • Server time: 14:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2015 - 17:21
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

My statement was more or less correct though, right? Wink

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Bump?

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2015 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
familiars!

any news?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2015 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think so. Obviously WB was expecting to have a lot more time and energy to be creative when he created this topic. I'm not aware of all the ins and outs, but it's been impossible for him to input much here I'm afraid.
MightyToenail

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2015 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just going to ask. Why isn't Ogre in the stunts leeg?
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2015 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Because Ogres aren't Stunty.

Sure, an occasional Ogre or two (or other big guy) may join a Stunty team, but an Ogre TEAM would not be Stunty.

I could see an 'Ogre' team with three Ogres and the rest snotlings, but there are two problems with that:

1. We already have a unique and fun Snotling team.
2. I think the 'Ogre' team would get it's ass handed to it by most of the rest of the Leeg.

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2015 - 17:20
FUMBBL Staff

Also, the Gnoblar team has 3 Ogres in it already, and they're ace.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Roland

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2015 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

There's a gnoblar team with ogres...
Roland

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2015 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Ninja'd!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2015 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

MightyToenail wrote:
I'm just going to ask. Why isn't Ogre in the stunts leeg?

Yeah the above. Basically, Stunty Leeg is not CRP. The rosters that play there are not CRP and are designed differently.

Each team has a lot more variety than the Stunty CRP rosters, have different design goals (variety over consistency mainly) allows different access 0-3s 5k increments etc and started off with a different premise.

So although goblin and halfling rosters would fit okish, as mentioned above CRP ogres would not.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2016 - 05:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure would've been cool if this had ever actually gone somewhere.

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2016 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem is Sigmar, who's going to do the work? There's so much work involved that you need every other part of your life to be swimming along to do it. You also need to involve Kalimar, Christer and Whatball. I've had 6 weeks off of work and did think about approaching Whatball about doing all the aspects, but in the end I wouldn't have been able to get it done.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2016 - 09:28
FUMBBL Staff

I chatted to WhatBall during our Exploding cup game and he said it's still something he wanted to do

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2016 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

@HM, I understand some (perhaps even most) of what is involved. I believe the community would step up and contribute a significant portion of the workload if only given the green light. Honestly, I think the only thing required to get everyone jazzed up and working on it would be a decision about which team to begin work on and an outline of what tasks can be delegated and what tasks HAVE to reside with Stunty Management.

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2016 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
I believe the community would step up and contribute a significant portion of the workload if only given the green light.

Which is what? The community cannot do work on the client or the site. Only Christer, Whatball and Kalimar can do that. And you need all 3 of them.

We also need Whatball to oversee the project and quality control. So he needs the motivation and the time to do this.

We also need somebody to do the icons and portraits. The bar has been risen so high with the icons, so in reality there aren't many that fit the bill. Even then they need to work with at least another and Whatball so that they fit with the others and are up to quality.

Portraits really are Knut, I'd like to have a go at these, but I can see what would happen. I'd be so slow that I doubt I could get the job done. So 1 person there.

Colouring portraits, yup the community could do. Working out which roster, the fluff, look, feel. Again yeah we could get that done without too much trouble. Pitch icon maybe a slight pain, but not having one for a while isn't really problem. Again though an awfully short (2) list on who can do them.

The bottom line is how much could the community do of the difficult jobs to the required standard? Unfortunately not that much outside of a set few. And in reality nothing can happen without Whatball. Without Whatball the product would be far inferior and we don't want that.

I'll say this though; as long as I have a good feeling for the roster, I'll do as much as I can when the project starts.
 Jump to: