30 coaches online • Server time: 12:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2016 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
Maybe this is the intent, but TTM the opposing team's players would make it awfully easy to toss them out of bounds by aiming for a pitch corner.

Yup. So do you want to put a tackle zone on it?

WhatBall wrote:
I think Max Spleenripper was one of my icons from the ST4 icon project. That said, love Mr. F's style. Different approach than mine.

His first icon (I think) was a Max that didn't get chosen. However it caught my eye.

Image Funnily it doesn't look all that much now, shows how far Whatball has taken us with improving icons. However I always remember it catching my eye.

I think now with stunty with new races we should introduce as many aspects to stunty as possible. For example with Bray Herd I reckon we should go with linemen that don't have Stunty. Also we need a titchy team, that would need lots of diving tackle.

Familiars really are an open book. We could do the titchy/DT thing or we could do the every player is different thing. Add aspects of Bogarts and Wizards. All with the very strong visual and big guys. It would be an extremely 90/Realms of Chaos feel that was all win.

This project would work, I am certain of it. I have so many visuals in my head that we could work from to make possibly the best stunty roster ever.
MisterFurious

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2016 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

The BOTOCS client was missing some star players and I did icons for them and one of them was Max Spleenripper. When I came to FUMBBL, there were some icons that needed to be done and I said they could use any that I had done for the other client. They were mostly modified icons and not drawn from scratch. I don't remember what that one was, but I took an icon, gave it a chainsaw from another one and then added the hood. They were mostly thrown together quickly because we needed them. The one I was most proud of was Lewdgrip because he had an animated tentacle arm but the client here can't do animated icons. That client had spinning icons for goblin fanatics and I turned one into Fezglitch. Those spinning fanatic icons were really fun.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2016 - 14:36
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Just cos I'm curious (and genuinely have no idea), if a team idea was finalised, required no new mechanics, and had icons, what else would need to be done?

I agree with 'mouse that I enjoyed the community aspect of the Pro Flings, and think we could do that again with Familiars, but I still think there's scope for adding in other teams alongside these.

Personally I quite like a number of the suggested teams more than some of the existing teams. If quality icons are the main problem then I think people would be willing to work on that (I had a go at some, though they aren't great, and I haven't done profiles), but if you said to people that icons were the main stumbling block then people would work on it. Bogies and Nauticians already have icons done. Maybe a few others do too?

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2016 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Well that's how I think things have changed. I don't think (and this is my personal opinion on how things have developed, not necessarily Whatball's) finalised ideas aren't the way to go, or the way we have been going.

I think one of the ways things have greatly improved is working in a group and giving the designer a vision. I think we spoke about this Effigies roster. The theme, look and character design, need to be stronger and more dynamic. More voodoo, more menace.

So what I think we could do, is to throw it open to the community. A roster you want to make and a roster that's going to be the next team will get different responses.

So firstly we'd discuss positions, team names and skills. Probably we'd work more on the fluff too. Like Pro Flings, we can garner ideas. We'd want something that is new to the division, maybe a skill, a combo or a playstyle. Whatball would probably take it private to finalise that. Discuss balance etc. We'd then work on a look for each positional, using pictures to express the ideas. Then the icons would need to be made (generally that's been 1 person per team, but that should change to a group project I think). Knut would have to do some pictures. The pictures would need to be coloured and also a team icon would need to be made. Pictures and team icon are longer term projects.

Some play testing maybe needed, to see if things work. Balance would be done by ear and what the community thought. We don't have the time or facilities to test a team for balance and I can't see us getting it badly wrong.

So I think what I am trying to say is even if a roster does exist. It's still a step by step process and something presented would most likely be taken apart and put back together again. Meaning I don't think it would save much time.

That's my take and my opinion though. I don't have any official say in what happens.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2016 - 15:54
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I get your point and think it's a good one, but I meant more mechanically. What technical things need to be done to add a team? I agree with what you said though. You can tell that teams in the past haven't always been done this way.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2016 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I didn't even mention that nor adding to the Stunty handbook.
TheSyron

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2016 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be interested to help, but I'm afraid I can't offer more than just helping with the testing (+ the occasional idea)
Bakunin

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Im trying to go through this thread and not seeing what was decided.
So what team(s) is coming to stunty leeg?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

None at the moment.
 Jump to: