60 coaches online • Server time: 00:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy is back?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2015 - 04:03 Reply with quote Back to top

This forum thread is for anything relating to Season 58 of the SWL.

Links:

Announcements:

ADMIN CHANGES

It is with great regret that I inform you all of danielcollins' retirement from the position of League Commissioner. Citing "I have too much other shit going on, someone else take the reins", dc will be handing over the responsibility with the new season. In his time as commish, dc has overseen some challenges - not least the changeover to CRP and the transition to the new client - and kept the league on an even keel for almost 5(!) years - since the departure of Commissioner Laviak.

The thoughts of some other admins on dc's time at the helm:
Tomay: He...did a good job... (he) steered the ship through the tough period of late lrb4 and handled the crp changeover brilliantly

Barre: He's been a steady hand through some turbulent times, seeing swl through the crp introduction...was 'always adept at handling criticisms and the creative suggestions of some coaches'...so that the rest of us didn't have to, what a champ Smile

Tomay: I don't think champ is the right word for dc...since he never did get a premiership Wink

In the absence of dc, Coach Luo will be taking the helm. dc will still be around to offer advice and the wisdom of his years.
To keep the numbers in the admin team, polemarch has joined our ranks. His input has already been appreciated and the injection of fresh admin-y energy will no doubt mean great things for the future of the league.

• Divisional Structure
    1 Premier, 3 Conferences, 1 Regional.
  • Season Commencement
    First round will be due by 2nd February. Divisional draws are up by the 19th January.
  • Axing
    PM to the swladmin FUMBBL account by 10pm Monday Sydney time if your game has not yet been played. Check out the Guide for more information or check with someone else in chat. Refer to post below for more details about expectations. This is also the method for advising of parking at the end of a season.
  • General
    Please be aware that we rely on individual coaches to be active in checking this forum, arranging games against opponents (especially if not on east coast of Australia) and in communicating with Admins. The responsibility is on the coach to enquire, not the Admins to inform. Please feel free to ask any questions, anytime.
  • Trial of Blood
    Please be aware that the Trial of Blood is not a chance for teams to grow at the expense of competitive play. Play to win and keep the integrity of the SWL intact. If admins deem that a coach is not abiding by this then the team may have to retrial.

Rules to be brought in for Season 58:

• Admin reserve the right to change the divisional structure and drafting team's TV/TW limit whenever it is deemed to be in the best interests of the league (particularly if we change from below 32 coaches to above and vice versa).

Last edited by Luohghcra on %b %06, %2015 - %06:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Tomay

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2015 - 04:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay’s Season / Yearly Preview LVIII

I’m going to start this one a bit differently. Why? Because I think the SWL has a lot to be excited about in 2015.

Firstly, we just retained the URN from the WIL, once again proving that we are the best league on FUMBBL with the most competitive environment. It is my theory that SWLers would have won numerous FUMBBL Majors if not for the timezone difference and that a SWL Premiership Title should be held in as high a regard as the FUMBBL Cup.

Looking through the current meta, the level of competition in SWL is as high as I have seen it since Seasons in the 20’s. We have a bunch of established and emerging coaches with teams that are all capable of putting together a big Prem run. Slumbering Skink, Wonga Wonga Whalekillers, Public Service Annoucnement, Large Head on Colliders, Malapropism Mania, Crypt-O-Night, SWL Fun Police, Sotek’s Sacred Spawning, Woodistan Dance Squad, Edamame Diet, Redgum’s Rodents, Asha’Maniac and Technically Minded – that’s a crazy list of highly competitive teams that could easily win a Prem title this year.

On top of that you have a mix of newer coaches getting a foothold, some fan favourite teams and some good coaches with less competitive races. These are the teams that keep the league fun and enjoyable. The Sphinxes, Blackwater Sting, Psych Lab, Rocket Vamps, Chokeland Graders, Horrors, Mexican Standoff, Crookwell, and the list goes on... Not only are these teams fun to watch and play against, none of them can be considered an easy matchup.

So we have a ton of good coaches with strong teams coming into 2015 along with a bunch of cool teams making the SWL meta the most competitive and fun I have seen it in a long time.

Now that the URN is established, I expect competition for the spots in next year’s event to be fierce but I am confident that we can put forward another great team to continue our dominance.

We also have a few developments occurring on the FUMBBL site which will allow for more management options in leagues, something SWL has been waiting for a long time. At the very least, this will open up possibilities for great side leagues. Also, we have the CBBA continuing as a great side league for SWLers to participate in if they want more blood bowl. On top of that, our new admin member Polemarch is cooking up some exciting announcements regarding the SWL Fringe.

Now onto my normal predictions for THIS season.

Premier League

Slumbering Skink are fresh off another Premiership. They will reach the 400 game mark this season! Quite an accomplishment. Expect them to be pumped up and finish amongst the top teams, however, I think they will struggle against a few of the bashier opponents.

Crypt-O-Night did a great job to stay up last season. The lack of tackle is going to hurt them against the rats, lizards and elves. They should be able to push the dwarves with their strength but I think they won’t be able to be consistent enough to factor in.

Redgum’s Rodents are coming off a hot season. They have some sweet Gutter Runners in what looks like a strong roster. If they fill out their roster, know when not to pressure their opponents and get a decent run on the casualty front, they could conceivably challenge for a title.

Bobs keeps plodding away with his lizards. They don’t look all that special but they are well coached and tight in terms of TV. Still I think he is going down to conferences again next season.

Malapropism Mania look better than the last time they came Prem-aturely. Their first game could be a tough one with a few players out but I think their roster is absurd for their TV. Plenty of guard and mighty blow, a blodging ag3 BC and some helpful hobgoblins make this team my favorites to take out a Premiership.

Grod has proven he is an excellent coach, especially of dwarves. He must be a little disappointed that he missed the boat last season and instead has been promoted with the CDs and Nurgle. There’s probably too much strength in the division for the dwarves to handle but they will get some wins along the line, probably just out of remaining up.

Woodistan Dance Squad had a great run last season and were looking like the first wood elves in a long while to come and take out a Premiership. They fell short but their Wardancers lived, which gives them a shot again this season. Once again I think they might fall just short but I reckon they can grab a 2nd place finish.

Finally, we have the Fun Police. Semitence has been on fire with this team, seemingly ignoring the lack of block and crushing people with POWs. Will the trend continue? If it does, watchout. I don’t think the team’s strategy is enough to consistently win. Sometimes it will come off, othertimes it won’t. He will have a major impact on the title race but I think he will finish around the middle of the table, probably doing enough to stay up.

My prediction (a repeat of last season)
1st- Malapropism Mania
2nd – Woodistan State Dance Squad
3rd – SWL Fun Police

BBQ Wednesday Conference

This conference has speed to burn with 3 elf teams and some lizards which should set the scene for who is going to progress. If a team can handle the elves then they will put themselves in a good spot for a crack at Prem next season.

The Khemri will struggle with the amount of elf matches in this division so they must make the most of the games vs the other sides.

The Black and White Chokeland Graders with their unique lineup are going to find it hard to match the pace of the elves without many controlling skills, they will also struggle with the strength of the orcs, pact and khemri. Doesn’t look good for them but they are still a developing roster.

The Warriors need to find some consistency. I think they have the potential to give this division a shake as they have a few BOBs coming along and a few tacklers to keep the elves in check.

Sotek Sacred Spawning are a well coached team with a great roster, they should be a threat to any division but I don’t think they’ll especially like the look of some of these matchups.

CGD are going to have to rely on some casualty dice and I just don’t see them having the ability to contain the elves or match the lizards, khemri and orcs for strength.

So that leaves the 3 elf teams. Of which I think the Sting are best positioned to take out the division. The other two teams just haven’t been able to prove themselves in conferences of late but this season is a huge opportunity.

1st- Blackwater Sting
2nd – Wanja Warriors
3rd – Sotek Sacred Spawning

Woodies Double Conference

The teams in this division all seem to have tight TVs in value terms, making it a very interesting one to predict.

The Vamps, Banner and Skaven are both in the building phase at the moment, which means I think they will be at the bottom of the table at the end of the season. Plus both teams won’t enjoy some of these matchups.

The Sentinels are fast becoming a fan favourite and are actually looking very healthy coming into the season. I think they might have a strong enough roster to challenge for promotion.

LHC will be disappointed with last season’s performance. Their roster is still dominated by the 2 Bulls which make them a tough matchup no matter the case. I think they will be the team to beat.

Golden Feast have been plodding along slowly developing. If it wasn’t for the Norse, Dwarves and CD’s I’d have them as one of the favorites to win the title, but I just think between those three teams there’s enough tackle to put them behind too far.

The Whalekillers were close last season but similarly to LHC will be disappointed with their performance for such a high achieving team. Their roster looks strong again and I think they will give it a nudge, with the two big games being against the Dwarves and Chaos Dwarves where the matchups are unfavourable. If they can win those, they can win the Conference.

Redmaul went well in a building season last time around. His skill dice rolls are enough to make anyone jelouse but I think he still needs more guard if he is going to challenge the two HOF teams. Look out for them next season.

1st – Large Head On Colliders
2nd – Wonga Wonga Whalekillers
3rd – Griffin Gate Sentinels

Ecclesiarchs Unsanity Conference

Got enough claw? 4 teams in this division have access to claw. Funnily enough, this won’t worry the Woodies or Zons a bit, but doesn’t bode well for Intoxicated Mayhem who are well overdue for a roster trim or Jevouse sparkly new Darkies. Will this be the division of death?

Let’s start by addressing the elephant in the room. Daudy is back and he didn’t redraft as suspected. His team looks good. They will definetly be the team to beat as long as Night Patrol stays on the field. Watch out.

DrPoods faces a much tougher division this season from a chaos coach’s perspective. He may be able to outgun just about every team in this division, but will expect some casualties in return. I just don’t know whether he can outperform Daudy without a plan B.

Sharp Force Trauma round out the three killer chaos teams. They’re missing two stars to start the season but should be able to get going after that. Again I just think the all out kill strategy is too one dimensional to be consistent in a league environment.

Jevouse ran away with Reggies last season and looks like the hot new coach on the block. Welcome to Conferences. Not enough blodge to survive the chaos teams I don’t think. Let’s just hope he can develop and keep some stars for next season.

My personal favorites, the Horrors of Skye have what it takes to take it to the Chaos teams, a deep roster, a bit of pace and some hitting of their own. A lot will come down to the casualty dice but I think JK might just miss out on Prem in a tight Conference where losses are likely all around.

Intoxicated Mayhem are still a nasty looking Orc team and a nightmare for anyone with a strength based plan to take on. Spiralling Expenses however is their problem, as they don’t have a deep enough roster to cope with the casualties that are going to be inflicted.

Edamame Diet will make Premier this year. I think they can even win a Premiership this year if they get the right group of teams. PJJ is a technically solid coach and I am super excited for his matchup against Daudy. He has a bit of hitting power, enough speed and some great individuals to take it to the Chaos Teams. I think he will be in the running for promotion.

DLock has been coming close with his Woodies without being able to get that promotion. He has some cash in the bank and two healthy wardancers with a bit of skill on the other players. Still I think he is going to be mauled at some stage this season making it hard to recover.

1st – PSA
2nd – Edamame Diet
3rd – Horrors of Skye

Regionals
It’s nice to welcome back Relezite. Irgy, Mr Magoo, Coombz and Grumpsh. Meanwhile we have ramchop with the most awesome nickname in SWL and the Slann Man JamesFynmore. TreeGnoll rounds out the group.

Look out for Relezite, Grumpsh and Irgy as far as proven blood bowl coaches go. Let’s see if there’s a few surprises amongst the rest of the group.

Last edited by Tomay on %b %16, %2015 - %01:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2015 - 04:29 Reply with quote Back to top

All Hail the Dark Lord Luohghcra!

O//

On another note, Malalocide are looking to put last season's disappointment behind them. But I'll tell ya, Poine is on bloody notice to pick up his game.

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2015 - 04:31 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way, Oh Dread Lord... Shouldn't everything relate to season 58?

Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2015 - 05:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats Luo... I need your mobile number so I can personally gripe to you in the middle of the night since DC wont be available.

Proud Member of the SWL
BeefyGoodness

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2015 - 06:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Aww Dan:
http://www.richmolnar.com/Sounds/Marge%20-%20Quits%20the%20force.wav

Hey Luo:
http://www.richmolnar.com/Sounds/Marge%20-%20Joins%20the%20force.wav

Go the Count!
BeefyGoodness

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2015 - 06:08 Reply with quote Back to top

It was the corruption wasn't it? Smile

Go the Count!
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2015 - 07:39 Reply with quote Back to top

DrPoods wrote:

Wink

Everyone's a critic.

Rabid_Bogscum wrote:
I need your mobile number so I can personally gripe to you in the middle of the night since DC wont be available.

Griping? There's griping?! Noone mentioned griping!

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2015 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi question about the division promotion/relegation rules

Do the same rules apply to Chunkies Regional as to the various conferences?

eg

1st-2nd place: Promoted to Premier Division
3rd-Last Place: Wildcards and remain in Conferences for next season.

Or are winners of Chunkies promoted to a random Conference?

Sorry if this should be clear to me from the SWL Guide
Semitence

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2015 - 07:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Regionals tends to promote based on the size of the SWL, how many coaches draft and so on, due the variable nature of coaches availability. You will definitely be promoted.
Semitence

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2015 - 08:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Also: I got really excited when I saw this thread that the draw would be up. Now I gotta wait another 2 weeks.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2015 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Luohghcra wrote:
DrPoods wrote:

Wink

Everyone's a critic.

Not a critic, sycophant possibly...

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2015 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The draw for the URN is up: https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=8786&p=tournaments

Make sure you support your fellow SWLers against those dirty WILers.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2015 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Harvestmouse has kindly done us up some trophy icons again for our team bios and the awards night.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2015 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice one.

Jump to: