39 coaches online • Server time: 14:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 14:50
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

We're a couple of weeks into the new year, and the first part of custom league rules is in place (RTNAFC tournament). I still have a fair amount of work remaining to complete the work involved in letting all leagues use the new rules, and it's pretty much at the top of my list of priorities at the moment.

However, what else would you like to see happen on FUMBBL this year? Anything you think the site needs, or maybe there's just something in particular you would be happy to see happen here?

I'd appreciate it if you guys would post here and let me know. Otherwise I might end up spending a lot of time on things that no one wants Smile

Thanks!
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

You are awesome just for asking! Smile

I would like to see a tweak to the Box Scheduler that allows Flings and Gobbos to play with inducements on a regular basis.

And, well, d'uh. Secret League. Wink
Sammler_der_Seelen

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Secret League would be a blast
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all the wonderful work!

My wish list includes:

1) Coach made rosters for League
2) Coach made icons
3) More Cards
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The main things I would like to see are;

1) Ability to choose the number of a player raised to join the team (they used to take the highest available which was okay, but they now take the lowest number which is a pain).

2) I would love to see more configuration for League for the admins, such as the ability to allocate skills onto a team (I hope to run a random skills league, like BB2, if this becomes available)

3) General improvement of League including making it easier to see which leagues are active and which are recruiting, which time zone etc...
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

The site is still amazing, and so much great stuff.

Wish list:

*Secret League

*Fully customisable leagues (add/remove traits and stats, change rules, custom rosters etc)

*Upgraded modern style chat, as IRC is dated and messy

*Some sort of easy to use Twitch upload facility so we can promo the site a bit more (feel like we're missing an opportunity there)

*More fluff!

*An all lineman tournament

*A few more crowd noises for spectators for some variety from stomp/cheer/boo

*All of the cards added

*Sound and video links enabled on BBCode

*When making new teams be able to fill out full roster and names on one sheet then confirm, rather than buying one at a time

The Fumbbl community in general:

*More people to donate

*More people to try non optimal builds

*People to avoid internet atypical sarcastic responses to newcomers to the site (doesn't happen much anyway)

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
tmoila

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Fouling on Blitz!

Add preview to blog posts.

Pass block fixed so that you can pass block dump-offs. Also animosity bug fix with pass block.

All cards.

/moo

All tournaments for both blackbox&ranked teams.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I second the idea of custom icons, even with the knowledge that it would mean having to creating two (2) different kits for each team, one "Home", one "Away", and that there would have to be some agreed upon color convention (dark/light) as to still be able differentiate teams in-game.

After stating that, wow, that would be a lot of work, but it would probably be loved by the fluff heavy teams and leagues.
sonrises

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

oooohhh! mmmm, let me think... i want lots of things...ok

League improvments!!

Below items all related to League division only:

1. Set team treasury to any amount a comish wish. Like NAF resurrection but "open" option.
2. New team page where team wizzard is available. More apo's can be bought with treasury money (like RR) and transfer all inducments to Team Page as a treasury money buyable items (including star players).
3. Expand roster positions. Create a new position where custom players can be edited. i.e. a human team has lino,blitzers, thrower, catcher and ogre positions. Would be nice to create another position called "Super Star or Free agent" and players to fill this position customized by comish.
4. some extra house rules. Any actually, but to my liking: write off nega trait when rolling a double and +1 to foul for stunties (ogres, halflings and snotlings)
5. Anything that get us closer to "full customisation"
6. New rosters available: secret league and mix of stunty division teams with CRP and simyians.

well, that was my wish list, but at the end of the day anything you think worth it. Thanks for the site.

Last edited by sonrises on %b %18, %2015 - %16:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Firstly, what we have gotten so far is awesome, so thanks to you, Kalimar, and all the others that have made it happen.

I would like to see in 2015:

1. More NAF tournies, more NAF coaches. I would like to see an official NAF online tour/tourney scene. I am not in the NAF, so I don't really gain from this directly, but think that this would build a lot of bridges and truly strengthen the site.

2. Custom leagues/Secret League. Have custom leagues available, with custom rosters and rule sets would be amazing. I would love to run my League (non-scheduled games) with custom rules. Even getting the Secret League rosters available as a base to choose from for now would be really cool. The more league customization, the better.

3. Scalable pitch, new scalable/customizable icons/sprites. This is a lot of work, but I think it would modernize FUMBBL greatly.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to see the RRR and the XFL becoming 'mixed' division tournaments.
Can't see the reasoning behind them being just for Ranked, one is for rookie teams only, the other is race specific.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Firstly, what we have gotten so far is awesome, so thanks to you, Kalimar, and all the others that have made it happen.

I would like to see in 2015:

1. More NAF tournies, more NAF coaches. I would like to see an official NAF online tour/tourney scene. I am not in the NAF, so I don't really gain from this directly, but think that this would build a lot of bridges and truly strengthen the site.

2. Custom leagues/Secret League. Have custom leagues available, with custom rosters and rule sets would be amazing. I would love to run my League (non-scheduled games) with custom rules. Even getting the Secret League rosters available as a base to choose from for now would be really cool. The more league customization, the better.

3. Scalable pitch, new scalable/customizable icons/sprites. This is a lot of work, but I think it would modernize FUMBBL greatly.

+1 to this espeically #2 as we've all been waiting sooo long for it! but #1 is a close second as I feel the same about it strengthening the site & bridging a gap that I feel we sorely need to build stronger. #3 would really be nice, especially the resizable pitch, as it would allow many more devices the ability to use the client, but it's a distant 3rd really.

Anyhow, thanks for all you do Christer.

P.S. This year I plan for my donation badge to always be gold. So I say to all of you fumbblers:
'Stay gold Ponyboy, stay gold...'

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

*Custom Icons
*Custom Pitches (possibly to form a deal with a well known pitch maker)
*Custom rosters in League for League owners
*Maybe an official League
*More power to the big league commissioners
*Liaise with whatball to add custom features to Stunty div
*1 off events
*Scalable pitch adds a lot options. Gameboy sprites will work with a pitch double the size, and then you're taking BB to another level.
*More client options, especially LRB 4 options.
*More pitch icons. Possibly using Boneidols helmets to make some uniform emblems.
Nemeton

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Delete all retired zero games teams
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Nemeton wrote:
Delete all retired zero games teams

+1

And make their team names available again.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
 Jump to: