41 coaches online • Server time: 12:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2015 - 05:56 Reply with quote Back to top

There should be a 2 or 3 team limit to the amount of teams you can throw into gamefinder in ranked. There are some coaches that throw everything they have with no intent of playing the majority of the match-ups proposed so it makes finding a game difficult at times.

I understand in ranked you have to at least look at the match-ups a bit but some coaches will have 15 teams on there. Once you have 2 or 3 of these jokers in there I usually ignore it and do something else.

The other option could be it lists the teams under a coaches name and you can expand the box; something like windows explorer when looking for folders.
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2015 - 06:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Since someone has started a complaint thread...

I wish coaches who are already playing a game would take their teams out of gamefinder. I know this isn't an accident because their teams keep showing up again and again for longer than the 15 minute looking time-out.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2015 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I wish that when, as a coach looking at the opposing teams, once a team is removed as a desirable opponent that it would stay removed (for some reasonable time period), and not keep popping up every minute or two.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2015 - 09:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Listing teams instead of matchups would help a lot with the whole combinatorial explosion thing.
And yes, the ability to click 'hide for 10 mins' instead of 'hide for 30 s' or even 'hide all from this coach' would help tons.

I'm one of the coaches mentioned in the OP, and I don't think I have anything to apologize for.

Even if you're not interested in some matchups (such as someone's 2200 clawpomb chaos/nurgle offering a game against all your teams), it doesn't mean you're not open to playing any of your teams.

I much prefer coaches who put up 12 teams from different varieties, than ones who just put up chaos, nurgle, or cdorfs.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2015 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Teams don't pop back up every minute or two, and certainly not every 30 seconds. When you refuse a match, it stays gone for 5 minutes. Though yes, especially when the finder is busy, a longer period would be preferrable.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2015 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
Though yes, especially when the finder is busy, a longer period would be preferrable.

They're American, they don't have to worry about that.

So if I read between the lines here. Nerdbird put up his CPOMB Nurgle and painstakingly ticked all of the_sage's teams? Who then painstakingly unticked them......for them to go through the exact same process 2 minutes later when the teams popped back up again? Laughing

Almost makes a threadablog worth it.
LucaAnt

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2015 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
I much prefer coaches who put up 12 teams from different varieties, than ones who just put up chaos, nurgle, or cdorfs.

Phew, narrowly!
Smeat

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2015 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
When you refuse a match, it stays gone for 5 minutes...

Maybe it's a misperception, but it sure doesn't seem like 5 minutes.

Should be closer to the length of a game imo, 30 minutes minimum. If you don't want that pairing, you aren't likely to change your mind 5(?) minutes later, and if you are then don't remove it in the first place.

the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2015 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

It seems much quicker to me too. Could be a browser/OS/magic thingy?

He doesn't have any of those:
https://fumbbl.com/~NerdBird
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2015 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't Christer ask for design ideas though? I think he came to the conclusion that it will have to be a 3 page affair.

I'm pretty sure he requested page layouts and formats. Remember he doesn't play that much compared to a lot of you. So there should be a fair few people out there well qualified to put some designs together (maybe somebody already has).
Smeat

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2015 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

(If he did I certainly missed that, sorry.)

Yeah, I just went in and tried it - removed some teams, and they popped RIGHT back up, like 5-10 seconds later. Removed them a 2nd time, they stayed down - but I believe I've seen some return repeatedly on occasion.

albinv

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2015 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
So if I read between the lines here. Nerdbird put up his CPOMB Nurgle and painstakingly ticked all of the_sage's teams? Who then painstakingly unticked them......for them to go through the exact same process 2 minutes later when the teams popped back up again? Laughing

Almost makes a threadablog worth it.

LOL

Pathetic thread really! Not that there werent any good suggestions on what would be "nice to have" but the OP, oh boy...Rolling Eyes
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2015 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:
(If he did I certainly missed that, sorry.)

Yeah, I just went in and tried it - removed some teams, and they popped RIGHT back up, like 5-10 seconds later. Removed them a 2nd time, they stayed down - but I believe I've seen some return repeatedly on occasion.

I don't know why that happens for you guys. It's definitely 5 minutes for me. That might be something that warrants a bug report.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2015 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
'hide all from this coach' would help tons.

Yes it will
Coma

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2015 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

GronxWild wrote:
the_Sage wrote:
'hide all from this coach' would help tons.

Yes it will

Im all for a list in the gamefinder that you can add coaches and dont need to do this everytime you use it.
 Jump to: