25 coaches online • Server time: 10:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
4th reroll for 2 dodges 1 blitz?
Yes
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
No
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
Buy more elf meat to give master chef ingredients for delicious elf-PIE
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 19

tmoila

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I just happened to think, that my favourite team, 2 dodges 1 blitz, has had 3 rerolls since team creation. On an occasion there has been a leader, but usually he hasn't sticked to team for very long.

I run out of rerolls in a drive probably over 50% of my games. So that should be clear indicator to get more. But it is terrible TV bloat, horrible, what terror!

Does 2 dodges 1 blitz need 4th reroll?

---

And to make it more general topic, when is 4th reroll usually warranted? Is there some point when it is almost imperative to get more than 3?

General ideas?
charlie1331

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

At that high of TV what's another 50k?

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

charlie1331 wrote:
At that high of TV what's another 50k?

True

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

tmoila wrote:
I just happened to think, that my favourite team, 2 dodges 1 blitz, has had 3 rerolls since team creation. On an occasion there has been a leader, but usually he hasn't sticked to team for very long.

I run out of rerolls in a drive probably over 50% of my games. So that should be clear indicator to get more. But it is terrible TV bloat, horrible, what terror!

Does 2 dodges 1 blitz need 4th reroll?

---

And to make it more general topic, when is 4th reroll usually warranted? Is there some point when it is almost imperative to get more than 3?

General ideas?

If you're running out of rerolls with your elven freaks, lets take a step back and ask why thats happening. Is this mostly on offensive drives or defensive drives?
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

The reroll isn't the bloat, mate. =D
AG6, AV2. Amazes every time...

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Definetly grab a reroll.

As for rerolls, depends on your style, but I like to have 4 from 1500-1600 tv up on elves team.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Most elf teams can make do with 3 RR's at any TV. Pass less (at least w/ players that don't have Pass) - there's a cost to those spp.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
tmoila

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2015 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
If you're running out of rerolls with your elven freaks, lets take a step back and ask why thats happening. Is this mostly on offensive drives or defensive drives?

Usually when kicking, I'm trying to press ball hard (at first). That tends to eat up rerolls. And when receiving it usually goes fast into EZ (2-turn).

Smeat wrote:
Most elf teams can make do with 3 RR's at any TV. Pass less (at least w/ players that don't have Pass) - there's a cost to those spp.

When receiving, thrower is the passer. But as my guys pop the ball loose, then one of the agility guys usually ends up passing it onwards. And pickups, leaps and those passes tend to be the ones eating up RRs.

Well, went for the 4th. Will report back if I feel difference while playing.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2015 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay, more gobbo inducements for me then.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2015 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd absolutely want 4 RR on any team at anything approaching that TV; maybe even anything approaching 4-500k below that TV! The way you manage your Elves, even more reason to do so, you can afford it if you aren't sacking the injuries.

I don't think this is even a question. Even in the era of tight TV management, re-rolls are pretty bloody handy things.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2015 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

tmoila wrote:
When receiving, thrower is the passer. But as my guys pop the ball loose, then one of the agility guys usually ends up passing it onwards. And pickups, leaps and those passes tend to be the ones eating up RRs.

I understand passing out for a defensive scoop-and-score, but looking at the completions on the team, there seem to be a LOT scattered around. Players #1, 4, & 5 all pass at least half the games they are in, on average - and thay're not the Thrower. Toss in all the other completions, and you must be stealing the ball quite a bit - about 2x/game (successfully*) besides the Thrower - which, if only from defensive steals, isn't reflected in your win/loss record.

(* And a 2+ Throw x a 2+ Catch is only ~2/3 reliable - which implies a 3rd throw/game that fails, or burns a RR?)

Haven't looked at the games, so if you say so, fine, maybe something else is going on, just sayin' what I'm seeing from the stats.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
tmoila

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2015 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I might of course be blinded by my own playstyle, but at least it is not... well, conscious of me to pass with those player in non-critical situations.

Well, unless farming for SPP and when I do, then usually I am not going to use rerolls for other things. (and that happens quite often)

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2015 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
AV2.

I've never seen a player that gets injured in such a consistent way. Is that some kind of Splutanica records... 6 -av's and no other blemishes?

Jump to: