57 coaches online • Server time: 13:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Thoughts on the Pump Wagon...
Leave it alone!
37%
 37%  [ 18 ]
Remove No Hands, add Extra Arms
60%
 60%  [ 29 ]
Remove No Hands, AG2
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 48

GiovanniRippattoni

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Folks,

I am not such an experienced STUNTY player. But after playing about 30 Games or something else with Snots, i want to talk about the problems playing them. Perhaps some of you are better coaches and may give me an advice. But i think with a little makeover the team could be a little bit more competetive:

1) I think it would be better to give the Goons regeneration. Its nice to get access to general skills, but they wont live long enough to use them. On the other hand they dont need DT. The mobs will get DT fast and i think thats enough. In the 2-4 Games a normal Goon lives it would be usefull to have the Pro skill from the beginning. They could use pro for picking up the ball or landing on their feet after TTM.

2) NO Ball and chain for the wagons. You cant field a wagon vs. a team with bombs. Playing Snots with wagons against Gnomes for example is totally pointless. Or Ball and Chain should be changed. Or the wagons should get regeneration. Then there would be a better chance to come back after getting out too early. But the better opportunity would be to do something to help them staying on the pitch. Being out means being banned in most of the cases.

3) Trolls. No... Trolls are good as they are. I dont want overpowered Snot Teams dominating the Stunty League...

Greetz Gio
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

GiovanniRippattoni wrote:

... Ball and Chain should be changed. Or the wagons should get regeneration. Then there would be a better chance to come back after getting out too early. [...] Being out means being banned in most of the cases.

I don't play stunty, so I usually don't comment on it either.

But this one just caught my attention.

Is there some sort of irony in your suggestion that I'm missing? ..Or is it just you missing the irony?
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Snots are my only losing record team in Stunty. I love them to death, they are so fun to play, even when they fail.

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2015 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I stopped activating mine when I completed their line in the stunty grid, though I'm wondering if everyone else has also, since I can't find them for the opponent line of the grid. Smile

Seriously, they look good on paper, as if they should be fun and actually have a chance, but in practice, I find them extremely frustrating. Once the wagons and such are gone, they really can't do anything, and rationing the wagons out throughout the game doesn't seem much better. It seems as if they have to pretty much destroy the other team on the first possession before they lose their secret weapons, because they pretty much can't do anything after that.

I'm not sure if regeneration is the key, but the number for the secret weapon should definitely be higher. WIthout it's secret weapons, the snotling team is pretty much helpless.
Roland

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2015 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I met a team once with 3 Block/tackle POMB trolls... I didn't win.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2015 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

They're probably a difficult one. We updated them fairly recently. I'd like to see what we updated and why, however maybe they could do with a tweak.

My main problem when I played them was lack of speed and ability to hold back the defence, on offence. So I believe we tried to combat this a little. The smaller wagon was changed too. Less of a killer, and more inline without Snotlings are.

Too often the ball retrievers were getting caught out. Ball and chainers shouldn't be getting caught out that much by bombers, as they should be right in the middle of the action surrounded by players of both teams. However point taken.
PunkSnotDead

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys.
I started recently to play in stunty leeg with snots and I´m agree with some things u´re talking about... Especially with wagons problems. I didnt use anymore the pump wagon; no sense for me. I don´t know what I´ll do with them, but they need something indeed. The other thing with I´m totally agree is they need more speed (maybe only in Goons, I don´t know); but some MA 6 could be nice for them; of course.
I love snotlings and I´m not really objective, but maybe remove loner from trolls are a good idea too.
I get the feeling playing with them, they are like the goblins/flings on normal leagues of Stunty Leeg XD
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Snots are the worst played team in Stunty (as well as probably being one of the worst teams). I play coaches who constantly leave their carts out in the open to get beat down by a horde of stunties, or rely too heavily on trolls making 2db (rather than 3db) before safely moving snots into position or leaving them away from friends to go stupid. When played badly they get utterly trashed, unlike say cflings where you can coach badly but still get results.

They struggle most against bombers and stabbers and don't stand up well to bad dice but when they work they destroy other teams. Buff them and I would play them even more (after I've filled the grid).

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 13:01
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Just an idea, but what about taking No Hands off the Wagons (one or both types), and giving it Ag3. Maybe add NoS in there too so they could put the ball onto the Wagon wherever it is, and/or Big Hand/Extra Arms so the snots can reach down and grab it while moving. This would give Snots the ability to hand off to a Wagon who then drives down the field!

Pro's:
1) New, cool added playstyle (Ball & Chain ballcarrier)
2) Doesn't affect how they play now

Con's:
1) They could drive over the ball and turnover in a mass of players

They might also need their Penalty Roll increasing by 1.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
PunkSnotDead

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

He, he, I must play them ever more too Smile
But in my limited experience; even if you know the problems exposed wagon or leave the trolls alone... sometimes there is no choice! (especially when there are many snots out)
OTS

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I think taking loner off the trolls would solve a ton of problems.
PunkSnotDead

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

O.O
Strange idea m8 (mister_joshua) & thx. I'm just a poor newbie, so I do not know what to think about that (I leave it to the experts). With this option they maybe can intercept the bombs (their major problem I think). Give them Diving Catch &... laughter!! XD
gjopie

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
Just an idea, but what about taking No Hands off the Wagons (one or both types), and giving it Ag3. Maybe add NoS in there too so they could put the ball onto the Wagon wherever it is, and/or Big Hand/Extra Arms so the snots can reach down and grab it while moving. This would give Snots the ability to hand off to a Wagon who then drives down the field!

Pro's:
1) New, cool added playstyle (Ball & Chain ballcarrier)
2) Doesn't affect how they play now

Con's:
1) They could drive over the ball and turnover in a mass of players

They might also need their Penalty Roll increasing by 1.

I think that's a really cool idea. I love the chaos of snotlings, and I'm proud of my 2/2/2 record with them. Being able to put the ball on a wagon and try to get downfield with it would make them even more fun.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 14:17
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Very Happy

@punksnotdead: I'm certainly no snotling expert. I've never played as them, and only played against them a couple of times. Still, if you have ideas about a team then suggest them. Worst case they get shot down. You certainly have a lot more authority on snots than me

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
PunkSnotDead

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx to u mister_joshua! Smile
I said that it seemed strange but I like it eh Wink
And I dont think I´m any authority XD (just a snots lover)
About the expert I said was because I think there's more wise people like me in this place, precisely. It was´nt about you m8.
In any case.. Any ideas are welcome! I´m thinking about that and as I said; I must play them ever more... Smile
 Jump to: