47 coaches online • Server time: 18:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do I do for my Mighty Blow Blitzer's second doubles roll? (keep in mind I have guard on a lino and 2 other blitzers already)
Guard (doubles)
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Tackle (non-doubles)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pile-On (doubles that may be useful)
85%
 85%  [ 18 ]
Something Else (explain in a response post)
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 21

rocketdeath12

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2015 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys, Im in an all-elf cup with a dark elf team and so far my record is 3-1. I have plenty of guard already and I just rolled doubles for the 2nd time on my mighty blow blitzer. I dont know what to do. Here is what my team looks like now

dark elf
MA ST AG AV skills
Blitzer 7 3 4 8 block, guard
Blitzer 7 3 4 8 block, guard
Blitzer 7 3 4 8 block
Blitzer 7 3 4 8 block, mighty blow
Runner 8 3 4 7 dump-off, dodge
Lineman 6 3 4 8 kick
Lineman 6 3 4 8 guard
Lineman 6 3 4 8 block
Lineman 6 3 4 8 n/a
Lineman 6 3 4 8 n/a
Lineman 6 3 4 8 n/a

I just had my first loss to make my record 3 wins - 1 loss but I leveled up the bold mighty blow blitzer and rolled doubles on him again. Do I take more guard? Do I ignore the doubles and take tackle? Do I take Pile-on? Or do I do something else?
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2015 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

PILING ON! How else you gonna get rid of all those pretenders to the elven throne?
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2015 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, Piling On helps him get more casualties.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2015 - 02:18 Reply with quote Back to top

PO, no question about it.

You don't have to use it every time (and won't need to often!), but it makes your heavy hitter REALLY heavy. Get rid of your opponent's threats and it's easy street.

Just protect him when he goes to the ground, and when he doesn't make sure to pull him back to safety. He'll have a HUGE target on him. Wink

(Next normals Tackle, then Dodge (or Jump Up?). He needs to get that knockdown, but he shouldn't need to dodge out of TZ's very often, and is still Ag 4 when he does.

And I think I'd ignore any future Doubles - those normal skills will make him better at his job ("killing") than any doubles-skills from here out.)

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)

Last edited by Smeat on %b %04, %2015 - %02:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2015 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

You should post this in the Real Life Bloodbowl section. Also, you should play some games here man...your skill level will skyrocket! And this all Elf business...you should rethink that! Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2015 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I hope you choose to Kick first, at least from here out.

Elves want 11 players to defend, and Delfs are great at the cage-grind up the field. If you kick 1st half, pressure a fast(ish) score, tie it up at the half, and take out a couple/few players, then 2nd half he has < 10 (hopefully a lot less!) trying to stop Ag 4, and even less as you continue to Pile On while on Offense - and they pretty much won't be able to do anything about it. Wink

Kick short to the weaker LoS corner, hope for a Blitz!, and if not pressure them to score fast, tie T8 and win T16.

NerdBird wrote:
You should post this in the Real Life Bloodbowl section.

As it's a Q about skill development (and not Stunty, ahem), "Tactics & Strategy" is perfect.

TT development is no diff.

But +1 to playing some games here!

pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2015 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

try contributing to the community here, before asking for free advice.

Otherwise, my advice can be had for $120 a hour.

Best wishes,

Dr Pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2015 - 02:43 Reply with quote Back to top

(And that's at his "professional courtesy" discount for other Coaches!)

NerdBird

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2015 - 02:53 Reply with quote Back to top

You should really be taking Tackle. Pile On is great but helps little to knock down a wardancer.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2015 - 04:06 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird wrote:
You should really be taking Tackle. Pile On is great but helps little to knock down a wardancer.

Isn't that why you have a wrackle elf stashed somewhere?
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2015 - 06:05 Reply with quote Back to top

For me it depends on the amount of games you expect to play. Short term, being without tackle in an all-elf environment is quite horrible. Long term, a POMBer can truly rule in that same environment.

So for me it's tackle if you expect to play few matches from here on, or PO and then tackle next if you you expect another 5 games or more.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2015 - 06:11 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Isn't that why you have a wrackle elf stashed somewhere?

Optimally, but the OP has none.

NerdBird wrote:

All depends what you're trying to do.

If your goal is to take out Dodgers or Blodgers w/ MB behind it, then Tackle on top of MB would be better, no question.

If your goal is simply to have a Sweeper who can stop a Dodge/Blodge ballcarrier, getting Tackle quickly on any Blitzer is just as good (altho' they won't tend to stop as "permanently" as MB/Tackle). (A Wrackler is even better, but that's a longer prospect.)

If your goal is to thin out the (non-Dodge) opposition and simply gain a numbers advantage, then POMB is better in the short term, no question. (Especially v. AV 7!)

If your goal is to develop the optimal DElf heavy hitter at 31 spp, then PO now and Tackle then, and let all opposition fear him, Dodge or no. (Jump Up @ 51, and now you're smokin'.)

Since the OP has a winning record and only has 8 Team skills, without seeing rest of the League I'm guessing the opposition is, on average, even less developed, and there will be plenty of no-Dodge targets to hit where Tackle wouldn't help at all. And between young teams, all things equal, a simple numbers advantage is usually ample for a win.

It certainly is not part of the classic finesse game that elves usually play, but an early POMBer in a League of no-skill targets it will complement that very well.

o MB + PO now as a killer, + Tackle soon enough.
o Tackle as first skill on 4th Blitzer asap.

Win.

mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2015 - 06:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, he's against elves! They have tons of AV7 and a lot of no skill scrubs. He will get that tackle toot suite.
rocketdeath12

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2015 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks a lot everybody. I went with Pile On. Next I'll go with Tackle and Jump up.
For those interested yes it was a rookie league at the start and my team is by far the best on paper and most developed. My next opppnent is a 8-player pro elf team with no wins so I should smash him unless I get seriously nuffled. Then after him there are 2 more rev season matches. Another pro elf team and then a dark elf team, both of which are run by excellent coaches but like I said, at the moment my team is the best. Not much dodge out there for me to worry about right now. Again thanKshatriyas a lot.
Also, after this all-elf cup, I will be bringing this team into a higher TV regular league with all races.
tmoila

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2015 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Well gameplan for next match seems clear - pile on every player not injured.