21 coaches online • Server time: 04:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2015 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

This forum thread is for anything relating to Season 59 of the SWL.

Links:

Announcements:

• Divisional Structure
    1 Premier, 3 Conferences, 2 Regional.
  • Season Commencement
    First round will be due by 13th April.
  • Axing
    PM to the swladmin FUMBBL account by 10pm Monday SWL (Sydney) time if your game has not yet been played. Check out the Guide for more information or check with someone else in chat. Refer to post below for more details about expectations. This is also the method for advising of parking at the end of a season.
  • General
    Please be aware that we rely on individual coaches to be active in checking this forum, arranging games against opponents (especially if not on east coast of Australia) and in communicating with Admins. The responsibility is on the coach to enquire, not the Admins to inform. Please feel free to ask any questions, anytime.
  • Trial of Blood
    Please be aware that the Trial of Blood is not a chance for teams to grow at the expense of competitive play. Play to win and keep the integrity of the SWL intact. If admins deem that a coach is not abiding by this then the team may have to retrial.

Rules to be brought in for Season 58:

• Concessions: SWL will NOT disallow concessions. However, as concessions are poor form and deprive fans of their enjoyment, SWL management has decided that concessions are to be discouraged, with the following in place:
    - Each team is allowed one concession in their life span.
    - Upon concession the team is stripped of 5 points for the season's score. Additionally, the team starts next season with a -1 score.
    - The Coach is added to the Hall of Shame.
    - If a team concedes a second time, that team will be removed from the league at the end of the season; the coach may redraft.

• Admin reserve the right to change the divisional structure and drafting team's TV/TW limit whenever it is deemed to be in the best interests of the league (particularly if we change from below 32 coaches to above and vice versa).

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2015 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

First! *ahem*

Anyway, have a great season all. Viva SWL!

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2015 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay’s Season / Yearly Preview LVIII

Congratulations to Grod and Technically Minded on capturing his first Prem title in a great season performance. Also, congratulations to Sotek Sacred Spawning, Wonga Wonga Whalekillers and Intoxicated Mayhem for taking out their conferences to all return for another crack at a Premiership. Finally, Coombz took his Humans, Brooklyn High Focus to the top of reggies.

This season’s preview will be a bit shorter than recently.

Premier League

A good looking division with each team having had multiple cracks at the big time. There are no rookies to feed on this season and we will probably see experience play less of a role than usual, making the way for coaching ability and roster management.

As such, I believe the strongest contenders are the two Cheese Dorf teams, Slumbering Skink and Wonga Wonga.

I think Rabid will struggle with Undead against the vets. Erickan won’t see any easy games and though his roster has improved since his last attempt, I think there are still some bad matchups for him. Mexican Standoff are carrying too many injuries from their playoff game. Sotek Sacred Spawning probably don’t have the Sauri to make it past some bad matchups vs Cheese dorfs and Norse.

So, with that in mind my predictions are:

My prediction
1st- Malapropism Mania – They started last season poorly, but are surely due to finally get Beefy that title.
2nd – Slumbering Skink – They’ll be in the mix again as they seem to never get hit with casualties anymore but I think will fall short again.
3rd – Wonga Wonga – Will be in it until the end but will probably drop a few games with crucial injuries.

Darkstar Corsairs Conference
Probably the easiest appearing conference of the 3, this is a good opportunity for someone new to step up and take out their first Conference title.

Tribal and PJJ go in with the teams to beat, while Grumpsh and eganra probably just need half a season of building to get going. Karnov is the fan favourite with what was a unique approach to Chaos. It’s great to have almic back and the two relative new coaches round out the group.

1st- Crookwell Green Devils – Tribal continues to yo-yo up and down between the top two flights.
2nd – Edamame Diet – Surely they are due to appear in Prem? Something keeps going wrong for them though, so lets see this season.
3rd – Steaked – Jevouse is an up and coming coach with an up and coming roster, this season is one to watch.

Blue Mountain Dragons Conference

This conference makes for an interesting mix of coaches and teams. In terms of strength its probably in the middle of the other two. Whoever drops games to the four teams promoted from regionals can probably kiss their chances goodbye. On the other hand, the fact that the four reggie coaches are promoted means that they have a decent shot at building for next season.

With some easier games in there, I think that it will come down to the three High Strength teams to see who takes out the division. The Sentinels could surprise us, but I think cdwat has just struggled to win those big games lately. I hope he proves me wrong.

1st – SWL Fun Police – Semitence hasn’t worked out positioning with a bash team yet, still his roster is probably the easiest to play in the SWL so I think that gets him through.
2nd – Sphinxes from Mars – They wouldn’t mind the look of this conference and should fancy their chances against the other two big teams. Unfortunately, they are too prone to draws to crack a Conference win in this one.
3rd – Wanja Warriors – DDS can pretty much pencil in a loss against the Fun Police and will struggle with the high St of the Sphinxes, which will keep him just out of reach.

Carlton United Conference

Probably the toughest division to win based on proven coaches with strong teams.

Redmaul, Bobs, Daudy and JoeKano have all proven their abilities in the past and will probably fight it out to take out the top prize. Watchout for Dlock though as he has the capability to fly under the radar if he doesn’t suffer too many injuries. Ramchop, Polemarch and Redgum probably need to look at building for next season.

1st – PSA – Daudy has dusted off the cobwebs and should warm to a strong finish.
2nd – Asha’maniac – Will probably lose to PSA but should be favoured in ever other matchup.
3rd – SWL Hunting Crocs – Bobs is a good coach, but I think he has built his team completely wrong. Let’s see.

Regionals
What a big crop of newbies. This looks like the most interesting Regionals season in a long time. Welcome to all the new coaches, don’t expect to blitz it the first season and if you have any questions ask away ☺

Last edited by Tomay on %b %30, %2015 - %05:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
coombz

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2015 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

it's gonna be a bloodbath

That's Trailer Park Life.
Dlock

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2015 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, hello there.

I have to straight away voice my amazement on this concession rule?

Is this to assume that there is no real life situations that might force somebody to concede? Is this to say, that one wants to play SWL they need to ignore things like kids accident?!

My son got bitten by snake, lucky I wasnt playing at the time so I was able to take him to hospital.

Is there going to be some "common sense" applied here or is just plain planket rule to rule them all?

Somebody enlighten me please, otherwise I cant see much reason behind this kind of thinking.

Regards

- D
Tomay

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2015 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Dlock wrote:
Ok, hello there.

I have to straight away voice my amazement on this concession rule?

Is this to assume that there is no real life situations that might force somebody to concede? Is this to say, that one wants to play SWL they need to ignore things like kids accident?!

My son got bitten by snake, lucky I wasnt playing at the time so I was able to take him to hospital.

Is there going to be some "common sense" applied here or is just plain planket rule to rule them all?

Somebody enlighten me please, otherwise I cant see much reason behind this kind of thinking.

Regards

- D

Generally when these situations arise the game is paused and reconvened when possible. Same for things such as disconnects and other real life events. What we are talking about is using the clients concede game feature.

If a situation like this arose on say the Wednesday deadline of an extension and you had to concede game then you could inform the admins of the circumstances and I am sure you would not be subject to the ruling as we have the right to use discretion.

I am not aware of something like this ever taking place in my 7 years here.

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2015 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

@Dlock yikes. sounds like a harrowing thing for a little lad. hope things are fine.
Tyra_Nid

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2015 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, the good thing about the client is that you can just leave the game and come back to it if there is an emergency, disconnect, etc. You don't have to 'concede' to end the game (this might be Thing in cyanide).

It's probably more to stop the issues we've seen, especially recently, where people think the game/team/season is unrecoverable and just concede - I think this may be a cyanide culture thing, as it seems to be new players with mainly cyanide experience who do it?
Semitence

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2015 - 02:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey I just realised that Ogres on an Ogre team aren't loners. I am so good at this game.
cdwat

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2015 - 02:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Boners instead of Loners

Bio template here.
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2015 - 05:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Great rule, great common sense.

One day I foresee the larger problem occurring where people deliberately start a game with the intent to finish later, then can't do so within the time frame. Does fumbbl/swl have the ability to deal with something like that? To force the concession, but still have the side take all the damage, spp's, etc. they got in the part of the game?

Anyway... it hasn't happened yet and hopefully never will.

I am giddy with anticipation for LIX, as usual my calender seems to full in stretches or empty in stretches, so I am looking forward to getting ahead!

Smile

edit: oh wow, the conferences are up! I seem to think I have the hardest conference every year, I am starting to think I am just a whiner Embarassed

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Tomay

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2015 - 05:20 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDiscoStu wrote:
Great rule, great common sense.

One day I foresee the larger problem occurring where people deliberately start a game with the intent to finish later, then can't do so within the time frame. Does fumbbl/swl have the ability to deal with something like that? To force the concession, but still have the side take all the damage, spp's, etc. they got in the part of the game?

We can force through results as they stand with the current game state and even inflict a penalty on the coach who is at fault if required.

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2015 - 05:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Our div is a tough one. The Fun Police are going to struggle to keep the Sphinxes under control. Wish me luck Smile
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2015 - 05:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Good I am glad someone else said it. Nothing was as tough as that "black swans conference" (i.e. the blackbox conference) of two seasons ago... I think we were there together as well.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Karnov

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2015 - 05:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Semitence wrote:
Wish me luck Smile

Good luck, Fun Police. Here's hoping the team is coping with their PREMature ejaculation problem Laughing

Powie's gonna make some noise this season...
 Jump to: