37 coaches online • Server time: 13:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
kilinrax

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2015 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm due to be playing a pact coach in our TT league tonight. My last match was v gobbos and what should have been a comfortable win (as dark elves) was 3-2 due to two TTM OTTDs.

Do any of my fellow-coaches have advice on the best defensive formation vs TTM? I've been combing the forums, bbtactics et c. since the weekend and haven't found any guides on what I'd have thought isn't that rare a problem.
Roland

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2015 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

tackle

and setup some players in the "landing zone"
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2015 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have it, Stand Firm on the LoS can make things tricky. Sidestep is not quite as good, but can help. The intention being to keep TZs on the thrower, increasing the chance of a fumble. Other than that, you want a line across the pitch, with as much Tackle and DT coverage as you can, at about 6 squares from the endzone. On the client, the lines marked 5 and 6 are the most likely places for it.

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2015 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Sadly no tackle: my league matchups were just against bash until the league commissioner announced a 'surprise' inter-conference game.

My team is: runner, 4 blitzers, 6 lineelfs, 1 witch.

Skill ups are:
  • runner: guard
  • blitzer: dodge, guard
  • blitzer: strip ball
  • linelf: kick

Last edited by kilinrax on Apr 15, 2015 - 15:54; edited 1 time in total
Leilond

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2015 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have not enought tackle, put all the players around the probable landing zone. Make that damn "land roll" as difficult as you can. The possible squares aren't so much, because the throw hast to
8 players can cover with a couple of teacle zone nearly all the possible (and usefull for a MA6 player) places

And remember, if the dices tell you've to lose, you'll lose, no matter what
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2015 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The Kicker will help a lot. Kick it deep and he will have a hard recovering it.
Also Pact have only one gobbo, try and kill him!
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2015 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Just let him TTM in peace, it's awesome to watch, even when it fails Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2015 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

count in the animosity roll as well - TTM scores with pact are hard
Leilond

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2015 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

DaCoach wrote:

That's sure! Pickup, handoff or pass if you kick deep, animosity, TTM roll, landing roll, 3 dodges (if you use the classical back formation), usually 1-2 go for it
If someone manage to roll al this dice and succeds, the TD is deserved
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2015 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

You can't use pass if you're going to TTM the same turn. TTM is the pass action. Smile

Leilond wrote:
if you use the classical back formation

That's rather my question ... I don't know what that is. All the players in a line about 5-6 squares back from the EZ? A row of five covering it with tackle zones and another three further ahead in the goblin's likely landing squares? Something else entirely?
xnoelx

Leilond wrote:
DaCoach wrote:

That's sure! Pickup, handoff or pass if you kick deep, animosity, TTM roll, landing roll, 3 dodges (if you use the classical back formation), usually 1-2 go for it
If someone manage to roll al this dice and succeds, the TD is deserved

The animosity isn't needed if you can either get a touchback or pick up the ball with a Marauder. But there are also either Bonehead rolls for the Ogre, or Really Stupid AND Always Hungry for the Troll. So it is at least as hard as you say, often harder.

And the classical formation is just everyone in a line. 5 or 6 squares from the EZ IS the goblin's likely landing zone.

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2015 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

kilinrax wrote:
Leilond wrote:
if you use the classical back formation

That's rather my question ... I don't know what that is. All the players in a line about 5-6 squares back from the EZ? A row of five covering it with tackle zones and another three further ahead in the goblin's likely landing squares? Something else entirely?

This is the simpliest. Require only 5 players and force the goblin to make 3 dodges.
If you have 3 more players, you can put them in front of the three central players, oping the TTM make the goblin scatter in that zone

The probable landing zone for goblin is 6-8 square from the LOS
Leilond

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2015 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:
You can't use pass if you're going to TTM the same turn. TTM is the pass action. Smile

hehehe... forgot... and forget always in game, when I play stunty, make a move action and then pretend to find some way to throw my crypt ghoul Very Happy
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2015 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

What I do is kick deep and pressure the thrower, then the turn before I think the throw is coming I drop back 4-5 players to form a defence across the pitch during the majority of a half.

If they have to go for the OTTD then set up in two banks of four like so

OXOOXOOXOOXOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOXOOXOOXOOXO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
ENDZONE

This Should give maximum tackle zone coverage and mean a minimum of 3 dodges wherever they land. Obviously this is when you have 11 players. It also forces the throw to be towards the sides meaning there is a chance the throw might scatter off the pitch.

If you have less than 11 Then have 5 across the back and the other players in the front line in the middle of the pitch again forcing the throw to be towards either side.

I would not set up where you think he might land on the off chance the thrown player lands on your player. This means no landing roll and if they land on the right player depending on how you set up it could mean no dodges just the GFIs to get in the endzone.

That's how I would do it.
 Jump to: