29 coaches online • Server time: 09:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
anisdrin

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2015 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Lately I'm playing almost only UW and Goblin.

I find most of the time playing high risk high reward tactics and it is surprising how many times it works.

After playing with other teams in the 'alway safe moves first' way this is really a very different approach.

Also with those stunty teams safe tactics looks less safe because at the end attrition takes it's toll and you can no longer be safe.

The secondary effect is that when I play my more conventional teams I feel less safe because I just see crazy plays that can work!. I'm not sure i this improves my play or worsens it.

What do you think?
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2015 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends on what you're playing for. For CR / win percentage the "calculated risk" works much better, you'll see your numbers improve. For Majors, not so much, because to go deep in a Major you can't afford that one game where the tactic implodes on you.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2015 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

If you're down on race or skill, HR / HR is a sensible ploy. Make it random, because random is better than where you were. When you're up, conservatism is usually the better idea.
jimimothybodles

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2015 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

There's something very freeing around playing tier 3 teams. High risk high reward basically equates to "more fun" in this silly fantasy not-a-game-of-chess board game. If you're not expected to win, losses are easier to take, and wins are more joyously celebrated.

Does it make you a better player? Doubt it. Does it make you enjoy a game? Bloomin' well hope so Smile

PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2015 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Poker quote:

''When you're playing Heads Up versus a stronger opponent often the best strategy is to go all in every hand; mathematically, it gives you a 40% chance at winning''

-Chris 'Jesus' Ferguson

Where the analogy breaks down is that it assumes you are starting with equal chip stacks. Gambling FTW! is more fun anyhow; and once in a while something crazy will happen and for me that's a big part of the enjoyment of this game.
anisdrin

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2015 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Bomber just got Hail Mary Pass on top of +1AG this can lead to some crazy stuff

Bombardier
fly

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2015 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

imo, you need either HMP. or +AG. since you either lob from your endzone or try and make 'accurateish' bombings.
i'd taken pass or accurate rather, but that's just me. or safe throw(worst of the three.)

cdassak

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2015 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

First doubles have to be HMP. +AG is not bad either, ok no synergy with HMP but once the opponents drive reaches near the endzone you can switch to normal bomb throws. SS is needed to HMP bombers so u can leave them in the endzone without risk of surf.
anisdrin

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2015 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

that's the idea cdassak: start bombing from a far and switch to snipper later
cdassak

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2015 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

They show great potential with the bomber, the +MA and block for Fanatic and +MA for pogo but dauntless??? Gobbos are the dirtiest of players Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2015 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

+AG can also be used for ball handling and with HMP makes him a great safety to stop the score/own half stall/ occasional crazy passing offense

imo, score with him and hope for me doubles Razz
 Jump to: