40 coaches online • Server time: 14:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2015 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a game recently, when I was up by 2-0 in the 2nd half. Opponent had the ball, had a chance to score at turn 6, but choose to stall for the 2-1 loss. He basically made sure that I win no matter what. I don't want to name and shame, so I don't go into the tactics, but he had some firepower to try the tie beyond the obvious blitz, perfect defense, and riot events.

I don't have personally any damage due to this, this is NOT a rant, but I have a few issues on my mind, and would like to know your view:
1. Is it compliant to site rules? (I assume everybody should play for the best result be it tie, or win.)
2. What is the benefit of such stall? (I don't see any. I had actually clear fouling shots at his killer, which I did obviously.)
3. Does anybody find this "tactic" strange/lame/bad? (Insert any word which feels appropriate.)
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2015 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe simply they just gave up and thought they could not get a tie. Feelings don't always take logic into account. Perhaps you are looking at it too logically.

DLE College 7s
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2015 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

1-2 is better than 1-3, why should he have to give you an extra TD chance? I was 0-3 in a league ganme recently and stalled to take a 1-3 loss rather tha risk a 1-4. This has benefitted my team in the long term.
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2015 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

So you spanked him, and you're upset he didn't give you the ball back so you could tack another TD on? Fair enough, I've had that happen to me and been annoyed I couldn't farm another touchdown.

But to make a forum post about it? lol
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2015 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

If you had heavy bash then maybe they did not want to set up three players on the line.

Sometimes people are just "done for the night".

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2015 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

The only logical explanation is that he didn't want to give you another line to tare through.

If he really did it to lose with the dignity of a 2:1 loss it would be kinda pathetic.

Some people also play more by instinct. It can help to remind them of the circumstances, although when you are this instinctual you may also be stubborn.

It's one of the fascinating aspects of human nature that their inability to do things the right, therefore predictable way, actually helps them to survive as a species. Simply because you don't know whatever one knucklehead is ever going to do next..
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2015 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

some people are control freaks. Stalling makes them feel in control.

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2015 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Some people just don't even realize what turn it is or what the score is.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2015 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Been there done that; ask the Terrordactyls... probably a damage save move. Or just instinctive play.
Kam

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2015 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
Some people just don't even realize what turn it is or what the score is.

Or what the purpose of stalling is. Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2015 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Why don't you ask him?
Leilond

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2015 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Surely didn't want to risk his player on the LOS for the next drive
I've been there and it depends of the team.
If I'm playing skaven, I will surely score, because with a single unlucky roll for my opponent, I can score in a flash. If I'm playing a Cahos Pact team, if I'm 2-0 lose at turn 6 of second half, I'll play to save my players, unless I've got 300-400k in the treasury
sann0638

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2015 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Similar situation, I had a guy beating me 1-0, and he stalled for the 1-0 win rather than going 2-0 up and giving me a turn of beats on his players.

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2015 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

sann0638 wrote:
Similar situation, I had a guy beating me 1-0, and he stalled for the 1-0 win rather than going 2-0 up and giving me a turn of beats on his players.

I hope he at least fouled you with the ball on his turn 8 Smile
albinv

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:
Feelings don't always take logic into account. Perhaps you are looking at it too logically.

Probably this - quite obviously! And i assure i dont mean it as an offense, not at all. But im even buffled and slightly amused you are posting because it seems so obvious that...

Matthueycamo wrote:
Maybe simply they just gave up and thought they could not get a tie.

uzkulak wrote:
]1-2 is better than 1-3, why should he have to give you an extra TD chance?

Rat_Salat wrote:
So you spanked him, and you're upset he didn't give you the ball back so you could tack another TD on? Fair enough, I've had that happen to me and been annoyed I couldn't farm another touchdown.

...all of these seem easy to find explanations for the phenomena. And then some more.

koadah wrote:
If you had heavy bash then maybe they did not want to set up three players on the line.

Wreckage wrote:
The only logical explanation is that he didn't want to give you another line to tare through.

I didnt think it through. But by intuition it seems instantly obvious that this is indeed the only true/ pure logical explanation. On the other side, to pull an ace out of your sleeve you have to put something in beforehand...

So who knows in my case. Twisted Evil

However if Wreckage says so, i take it as proof and am glad i indeed could spare myself the brain work. After all it drains the most energy. However, least effort, most efficiency rules the whole jungle.

Wreckage wrote:
It's one of the fascinating aspects of human nature that their inability to do things the right, therefore predictable way, actually helps them to survive as a species. Simply because you don't know whatever one knucklehead is ever going to do next..

Wreckage kills it again. Laughing Gotta call facts once in awhile, facts drain energy, facts hurt.

No pain, no gain.

Certainly asking: "Why in all heavens am i such a god damn idiot?" is probably the best question any human can ponder on, once in awhile. Wink
 Jump to: