37 coaches online • Server time: 08:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212

Post   Posted: May 11, 2015 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

So I have a fun idea for a meta game we can play that functions similarly to how WWE does their belts (World Wrestling Entertainment for you neophytes).

Basically, at the start of every month, the coach with the highest CR in Box has "The Box Belt". If that coach loses a game, the belt is given to the opponent who beat them. Repeat the process as many times as games are played. At the end of the month the person with the belt gets a prize (maybe a donation, maybe a fun little graphic they can stick on their "About" section? who knows?). Maybe have a 10 games per coach per month minimum to qualify for winning the belt, I don't want to see someone win one game and then not play any games for the rest of the month, where's the fun in that?

https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9524&op=view

There's the link to the group page.

Last edited by mrt1212 on %b %12, %2015 - %20:%May; edited 1 time in total
chimp2010

Post   Posted: May 11, 2015 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds fun. I'd be in for that!
Timetis

Post   Posted: May 11, 2015 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice idea!

Should the belt be coach based or team based?

And maybe it would be easier to make you the beltholder at the start, just so we can be sure someone who plays in the box at the moment starts off with it! (I'd love to try and take the belt off of the Whalelfs for example, even though it wouldn't fit anyone else...)
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 11, 2015 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

So, in order to avoid waiting, let's start today.
Nr. 1 coach in box is bghandras, so whoever beats him next gets the belt.
Gonna be a nightmaire to keep track of tho.
bghandras

Post   Posted: May 11, 2015 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Just activated! So belt is up for grabs. Altough I will try to defend it. Smile

Update: Was not scheduled. What a pity. Try again at 22.00.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: May 11, 2015 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Timetis wrote:
Nice idea!

Should the belt be coach based or team based?

And maybe it would be easier to make you the beltholder at the start, just so we can be sure someone who plays in the box at the moment starts off with it! (I'd love to try and take the belt off of the Whalelfs for example, even though it wouldn't fit anyone else...)

Belts are like cashmere sweaters, Whalelfs are going to DEVASTATE THEM WITH THEIR ZAFTIG FIGURES!

I think 'coach based' makes it easier to track and gives a wider swath of teams to play as. Sprinters will have no problem with a team based approach though. Lets kick this off in June after fleshing that aspect out. I'll happily take the lead on tracking the belt from person to person, no matter which direction we go.

Edit:

HAHA, Alright, lets do this right now! I'll set up a meta group (or one of you fine fellows can too and make me an admin, I'll update stuff later. Anyone want to lend a hand on Box Belt artwork?)

Let's do coach based for the rest of the month and see where we're at afterwards. BGHANDRAS IS OUT TO DEFEND THE BELT!

Timetis - look for Whalelfs on Thursdays and Sundays. I'll be putting them on the circuit again now that my sprints are done and I'm kind worn out from all that sprinting with elves. So fast, so fragile.

Last edited by mrt1212 on %b %11, %2015 - %21:%May; edited 1 time in total
mrt1212

Post   Posted: May 11, 2015 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
So, in order to avoid waiting, let's start today.
Nr. 1 coach in box is bghandras, so whoever beats him next gets the belt.
Gonna be a nightmaire to keep track of tho.

I'll take care of it with a google docs that I'll link in the metagroup and my profile.
DaCoach

Post   Posted: May 11, 2015 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like the key to winning the belt is low TW zons..
bghandras

Post   Posted: May 11, 2015 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Play Tier 1 teams, Play perfectly, Manage your team for the next match, and have some luck. This is all you need.

Edit: Again unscheduled. So probably tomorrow will be the next chance the belt to be taken.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: May 11, 2015 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

In the event of a tie the holder keeps the belt.

I thought of 'coach based' tracking first because I'd hate to see the belt dissappear into a Brawl or Minor and never make its way out because it's attached to a team.

Team based might be more interesting for just watching how the belt skips around from team to team. If we go 'team based'tracking whichever team is first activated will be the team that holds the belt.
Rabe

Post   Posted: May 11, 2015 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Yepp, sounds fun. Smile

Although it might hurt diversity in the box, if too many coaches get more serious about winning...

Interesting meta game aspect though: "bghandras is online!" - "Will he now activate in the Box?" - "Which teams will he likely through in?" - "With which of my teams do I have both, a good chance to get scheduled and win against him?!"

Post   Posted: May 11, 2015 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
Yepp, sounds fun. Smile

Although it might hurt diversity in the box, if too many coaches get more serious about winning...

Interesting meta game aspect though: "bghandras is online!" - "Will he now activate in the Box?" - "Which teams will he likely through in?" - "With which of my teams do I have both, a good chance to get scheduled and win against him?!"

that's possible but this would have to get legs beyond my imagination for that to be an observable problem. maybe if diversity suffers we can make a tweak where the winner of the belt has to be a different race than previous belt holders for the month. Ideas?
fidius

Post   Posted: May 11, 2015 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

You could have belts for each "weight class", eg Agility, Bash, Hybrid, Stunty. Belts can only be taken if the matchup is intra-class...?
Timetis

Post   Posted: May 11, 2015 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
Play Tier 1 teams, Play perfectly, Manage your team for the next match, and have some luck. This is all you need.

You make it sound easy!Very Happy
mrt1212

Post   Posted: May 11, 2015 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

fidius wrote:
You could have belts for each "weight class", eg Agility, Bash, Hybrid, Stunty. Belts can only be taken if the matchup is intra-class...?

Now we're cooking. if this proves to be a success and I can lean on some help to keep track (koadah?) the idea of having team type belts would be the natural progression of the meta game.
 Jump to: