33 coaches online • Server time: 12:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What skill should he learn?
Strong Arm
17%
 17%  [ 5 ]
Naughty Blow
17%
 17%  [ 5 ]
Guard
27%
 27%  [ 8 ]
Pie
17%
 17%  [ 5 ]
Nurgle Rot
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 29

MDeLarge

Post   Posted: May 26, 2015 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

What skill should the thrower take? He is playing in this team
akaRenton

Post   Posted: May 26, 2015 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends how you use him. Are those completions from actually playing a passing game, or from quick skill up passes in safety?

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 26, 2015 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd take a core skill, either Block or Dodge.
If you really want to use the Double then Guard, Mighty Blow on a Blockless Thrower is not so great.
pubstar

Post   Posted: May 26, 2015 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Have to agree with Matt. I'd go block.

JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: May 26, 2015 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think it matters and I don't think anyone cares.

Post   Posted: May 26, 2015 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

akaRenton wrote:
Depends how you use him. Are those completions from actually playing a passing game, or from quick skill up passes in safety?

If you look at the stats the completions are from crushing stunties and assorted av7 teams.

Post   Posted: May 26, 2015 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:

If you look at the stats the completions are from crushing stunties and assorted av7 teams.

Oh my. Almost half of their games against Goblins, Halflings and Ogres. Explains why he always ducks me.

But you made up the reasons to fight
mrt1212

Post   Posted: May 26, 2015 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I think if you pass on block or dodge you will decrease the chances he makes it to 51spp much less 76spp.

If you go with guard, you'd probably blodge on the next two skills and if you take mighty blow block/tackle. with the former you could still use him as a situational ball carrier when facing teams that have the tools to deal with other, lesser, ball handlers.

One thing I've realized with growing my Whalelfs is that opportunity cost rears its ugly head at 31 spp with your unskilled positionals if you get any sort of double or stat up. You can pass on blodge to make a specialized player - but that will affect their survival and getting to the 51spp and 76spp skills. It also raises the question of whether survival in itself is a goal worth pursuing (the Whalelfs say ARR!) and whether a killer elf with Tackle vs. Dodge is the right fit for your team and playstyle.

This is the usual dilemma faced:

Core Skill, Stat/Double, Core Skill or Synergy Skill, Core Skill or Synergy Skill

I'd put it forth that a +ST Blodge Guard elf is a nice player but the 76 SPP skill is less important.

The fact he's a surehanded thrower should mean he gets to the next skill to protect his butt slightly faster than a lineelf unless you make a concerted effort to score TDs with him.
licker

Post   Posted: May 26, 2015 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

retire

+ST throwers are worthless
WolfyDan

Post   Posted: May 26, 2015 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
retire

+ST throwers are worthless

Incorrect.
licker

Post   Posted: May 27, 2015 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Your reply is baffling.

Are you suggesting that +ST throwers are valuable? Are you even suggesting that throwers by them selves are valuable?
WolfyDan

Post   Posted: May 27, 2015 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
Are you suggesting that +ST throwers are valuable? Are you even suggesting that throwers by them selves are valuable?

Correct.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 27, 2015 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

WolfyDan wrote:
licker wrote:

Correct.

The dialogue between the two of you reminds me of kindergarten.

It wasn't like we wouldn't have been able to argue well, it was more that.. within the confines of the anarchistic system (between equally olds) and the totalitarian system (with older people) that our parents exposed us to, there was no point in ever making a well elaborated argument.
licker

Post   Posted: May 27, 2015 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm well on the record expressing the uselessness of throwers on any elf team. I've even explained in great detail why they are useless, especially WE throwers.

Taking +ST on a thrower is doubly useless though. But not in the good kind of way where they cancel each other out.

I'm fine with people continuing to use them, and waste TV taking doubles or stats on them though. As Forrest Gump said, 'It's ok Jenny, I'll raise the AIDs baby.'
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: May 27, 2015 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Normally I am against +ST and doubles on elf throwers, but in this case I would definitely take mighty blow.

+ST, mighty blow players get three dice against stunties with only one assist, so you will be able to dispatch them even quicker.

Also, the normal drawback of carrying a bloated thrower on an elf team is nullified by the short-bus crew coaching the non-stunty teams you play.

Therefore, I would take mighty blow.
 Jump to: