46 coaches online • Server time: 16:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you fire an undead Zombie (lvl 2) with guard skill if he gets a smashed hip (-1 MA)?
Yes, kick him out of the team.
17%
 17%  [ 7 ]
No, the poor guy is already worth his money.
82%
 82%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 41

Libuda

Post 5 Posted: Jun 29, 2015 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Would you fire an undead Zombie (lvl 2) with guard skill if he gets a smashed hip (-1 MA)?
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2015 - 02:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Not a reason to fire him per se but a skilled Zombie is a bloat in itself.

It kinda comes down to how much you value him as an asset for the team. If you feel he is worth something you might very well keep him.
If you don't you probably wouldn't even have to ask.

TV management wise he is likely not worth to be kept around.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2015 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

That's why most of my zombies tend to be dirty players. Easier to give up, and they usually take someone else out with them
seanh1986

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2015 - 02:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Zombie guards are amazing on undead!My undead team has a few skeleton guards and one zombie guard... They make the team what it is!

In hindsight, I should have gone with Zombies instead of Skeletons... My original hope was skeleton DP's and Zombie guards/blockers... But with my skeletons rolling doubles really early on it kind of messed up that plan.

That being said, having so many guards is super valuable! Don't worry so much about TV bloat and just enjoy it. With 3 Ma, the zombie is less mobile but zombies weren't really mobile to begin with. Zombies are great at just taking a beating and not dying and having guard helps everyone around him.
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2015 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont think -ma makes any real difference to this player. Does "lvl2" mean this was the second skill? If so Im assuming the first one was block... Obviously if an injury means the player can no longer do the job he is in the team to do, then he should be fired.

Play him in a couple of games, if he doesnt perform to your expectation, then get rid.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2015 - 02:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Libuda wrote:

Yes, MA 4 is slow, MA 3 means you need a GFI to move after standing up.
I'd keep the Zombie only if he had -1 AG.
licker

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2015 - 05:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends on the rest of the team. I'd lean towards keeping him honestly. Just keep him around the middle of the pitch and let him assist where it comes naturally.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2015 - 05:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a 74 spp Guard Zombie that I have kept despite move 3, though you may well find he seems to be 4 squares from where you need him quite often. Or knocked down and one space away from opponent. I also have a star zombie in the same team. Enjoy them! Don't just look at strict TV management.
For a 2 skill player I don't even think there is much of a TV reason to lose him as Block Guard players are so useful. If dirty player Guard that is not so ideal.

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2015 - 06:27 Reply with quote Back to top

block/guard/tackle is a pretty useful player, even if only Ma3. But if you have other healthy guard zombies then you could let him go.

Undead only have 4 natural guard players, and the mummies are as immobile as that zombie. At least the way I approach Undead (and Necro who have the same limit), guard on a zombie is gold, because I wouldn't want to take it on a ghoul (or wolf).

Doesn't mean I don't take it on a ghoul now and then, since the mobility is very helpful, but I'd rather make a ghoul with wrestle/tackle/strip and use my wights for the assist than the other way around.
Grod

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2015 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I would probably fire. -MA on movement 4 players is annoying. It means when he gets powed backwards and over, when he stands up next turn he must GFI to again be standing next to an opponent. Moreover, he can't blitz from the floor without a GFI.

The fact that he has guard exacerbates this because you really WANT your guard player to be next to opponents. So you are left with a guy that struggles to mark people or chews up rerolls on GFIs.

Guard is awesome on zombies but -MA is not Sad

Oscar Wilde
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2015 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Retire.

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2015 - 10:19
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I kept a Block/Guard Zombie who got -av, which I'd consider as bad a -ma. He's a useful player to have around. Keep him near your Mummies and he'll be an asset. He's as fast as them!

I fired mine once he suffered a niggle. Both injuries together was a little much.

Last edited by mister__joshua on %b %29, %2015 - %13:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Badoek

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2015 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Oops, voted no but missed the Undead part. I know nothing of Undead, for Necromantic I'd keep him eventhough the -MA hurts. He can still stand up and be useful though.

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2015 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, welcome to the forums!

Undeads tend to lack Guards, so I like to keep the ones I get. -MA is bad on a zombie but maybe not kick worthy, since he can still keep pace with the mummies.

It is costumary to add links to the player and the team when you start skill threads in the forum. This way, people can take a look at the big picture and give you more accurate advice, as well many unasked and unwanted advices.

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2015 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The "lvl 2" should be obvious enough that this is a cyanide player (also the 0 game account) Wink

Welcome to FUMBBL!
 Jump to: