53 coaches online • Server time: 12:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Speccing and Playing...goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2015 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello all

This is my first Vamp team and i'm after advice on picking a skill for this guy, normal roll (what role for him?):

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=10537589

and any comments on the how to develop the team in general would be appreciated.

I play 5 vamps and they are mostly good all-rounders with Blodge and some +ma. I have a dedicated blitzer though. They have all been sharing ball handling duties but the MA8 guy will be the main scorer now and gets Sure Hands next I reckon.
Angmarred

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2015 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I'd give him tackle.
Harad

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2015 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd take pro, particularly with five vampires any help you can get on blood lust is key (and pro is one of the best vampire skills). Those are some tasty vampires you have got coming along.
I prefer wrestle to block on thralls. Get kick on one thrall.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2015 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

If not for the fact that he doesn't have a 5AG, I'd say leap to give you a nasty lil cage breaker. Even at 4AG, it's a 3+ die roll to go anywhere on the field with leap.

I'll definitely echo the merits of Pro though. It lets you spend more team RRs on Blood Lust, and still have the safety net of pro for blocks, dodges, passes, and even Hypnotic Gaze. You have 5 Vamps, and only 4 RRs, so anything you can do to mitigate Blood Lust will only help your team.

Guard is almost ALWAYS useful, and if you go that route, Side Step would make him quite an annoyance (especially if he makes legend and you give him Diving Tackle to finish out his skill set)

Overall, you've got a nice quintet of Vamps. I think my biggest concern with them would be the Blood Lust rolls. Personally, I'd want a 5th team RR, especially with 5 vampires on the team, and of course, Pro all Vamps.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2015 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I know lots of people advocate Pro on vampires, but I do alright without. Generally I only field four at a time however, and biting some thralls to save rrs comes with the territory (a deep bench helps).

For your player, the builds I'd go for are either Tackle/ MB/ Pro or Guard/ SF/ DT.

Get a Leader thrall as soon as you can. That MB thrall would be far more useful had he taken Leader.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2015 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the responses.

Guard is appealing as it indirectly helps him free up assists for 3d blocks and with SF or SS at super star he could be a real annoyance, as anti points out.

MB is definately tempting to give the team more punch and it i'd take that before Tackle as it skill him faster (towards getting Tackle).

I thought about Leap but it's somewhat less useful when Hypno gaze can be used to break cages.

I will get another RR as advised but skip Pro on this guy. I took MB on the thrall so I could inflict some damage on the LOS. Maybe Leader would have been better, but i'll get it next double (and a Dp and a kicker if possible).

So, Guard and MB in the lead. Anyone want to make the case for Frenzy? could be fun.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2015 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd put Frenzy on your MA8 guy instead of Sure Hands.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2015 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I would go pro, but side step, then tackle is also good.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2015 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
I'd put Frenzy on your MA8 guy instead of Sure Hands.

Good point. Could also go on the ma7 guy
Stoffel

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2015 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro would my first Pick, then Tackle
The_Provocateur

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2015 - 04:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go Sidestep to make an annoying roadblock.
Mossbeard

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2015 - 05:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle
Grod

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2015 - 06:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice team! I would pick pro as its nice for hypnotic gaze as well, but all the choices above will work well. For the thralls, consider spamming wrestle and durty player rather than block.

Oscar Wilde
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2015 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Provocateur wrote:
I'd go Sidestep to make an annoying roadblock.

I much prefer Stand Firm for this, because if I have put him where I want him, he stays there.

I know SS can be good for re-positioning or making your opponent forego the block altogether, but I find most coaches on here are savvy enough get round this.
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2015 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Nice team! I would pick pro as its nice for hypnotic gaze as well, but all the choices above will work well. For the thralls, consider spamming wrestle and durty player rather than block.

Thanks. I'll maybe take wrestle when it comes to recycling them. In the meantime, yep, really need a DP.
 Jump to: