46 coaches online • Server time: 20:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Alf115

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2017 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks a lot MattDaka !
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2017 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Pleased to help! Smile
Brandu

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2017 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello All,
Totally new to both Blood Bowl and Fumbbl. I have a team made up in League for the 145 Club and I am currently reading the rules (newest from GW) and watching as a spectator to try and get a clue.

Question: I haven't seen anything on how the interface / commands work when actually playing the game, is it fairly intuitive or is there somewhere I need to go to learn please?

Okay...a little searching and I have found the Fantasy Football Client Help page. Tutorial video next to watch. this is looking like going to be fun
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2017 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

welcome to FUMBBL Brandu!

The new 145 League tournament should start in a couple of days, in the meantime feel free to join our discord channel(below) and have a chat or arrange a match. For learning the client, I would recommend trying out the Test mode.

Come join the Official FUMBBL discord Server then the 145 Club channel.
Discuss strategy, skills and arrange matches!
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2017 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Also I think you may have applied the team to an older 145 Club...reapply here!
Brandu

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2017 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you
WildeEngineer

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2017 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all, kinda new to Bloodbowl and new to FUMBBL. I joined 145 but Im not sure how to start a game in it. Do i need to wait for a tournament to come up?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2017 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi and welcome WildeEngineer, to find a game click on this link:

https://fumbbl.com/p/lfg

A list of potential opponent teams will be displayed, you will be able to offer/refuse a game.

Important: your team is in League division, so you can play only vs other teams in the same division, check the opponent team's division before accepting/offering a game.
You could create a team in Ranked division in order to increase the chances of finding a match.
datom

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2017 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi WildeEngineer. Our fearless leader Rbthma will be able to tell you about whether your team was submitted to the league. Once it's accepted, you'll be added to a message thread to PM other fellows.

An easy way to get 145 games (and games against other rookies in general) is to join the discord server:
https://discord.gg/g3PHyDy

say hello on general, then post in matchmaking.

Welcome!

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2017 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome WildeEngineer! To add onto what MattDakka has said:

It doesn't hurt to have several teams. If you've joined your Lizardmen to the 145 group, once the next tournament starts up -- it'll only be able to play against other 145 teams until it comes to an end. (The 145 league commissioner has put an 8 November date on the end of the current tournament... and the next tournament will likely start right after.) Most games on the site are played in the [R]anked division, so it's usually the easiest place to get a game going. (And while games there do impact your Coach Rating, I've found most of the games to be fairly friendly.)

If you go thru the gamefinder to find games with a team in the [L]eague division, watch out for teams with an [SL] at the beginning of their names, or with 'non-standard' team races. Those are secret league teams which use a different ruleset. The gamefinder will let you match, but the client won't let the game play because you'd be using different rulesets. Your team will be tied up, unable to play until an admin gets involved to cancel the game. (And if the secret leagues sound interesting, you can pop over there to try them out too!)

The gamefinder is an awesome tool to find games. There are also a fair number of folks who hang out on Discord (especially the 145 and Secret League sections), and many frequently are happy to play as well. Rbthma's signature above has information about getting onto the Discord server (you might have to squint to see it.) (Rbthma is also the 145 commish, and is all-around awesome!) Discord certainly isn't required... but it is kinda serves as one of the main communications media for the site.)
WildeEngineer

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2017 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all the help!
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2017 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, hey - I must of missed this. A new 145 tournament will start Nov 8th (or thereabouts), and I made a post about it in the League section of the forum. So yeah, your team is pending approval with a couple of teams there - once we're ready to go I'll accept them, and send out a PM for the tournament.
s0mbrero

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2017 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Howdy all! Stunty coach checking in here. I am coming over from the Cyanide Blood Bowl series and was wondering how it the client works for games on here. Is there a way for me to get familiar with it before jumping into a game?

Nuffle bless. May you roll dice that have no 1s.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2017 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi and welcome!
Check this page:
https://fumbbl.com/help:FFBHelp

To try the client you can play in test mode, read here:
https://fumbbl.com/help:Test+mode
razmus

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2017 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

If you look at the games currently running, there is an option to spectate. This (1) confirms that your java is working, etc, and (2) will allow you to get a sense of how the client works.
You can also load two sessions of the client in Test Mode, although I should say I found that more complicated/challenging than just playing a round.
If you create a team in the League division, and play a round with a friendly coach... the results won't count against (or for) your coach rating. And if you don't want to or can't find a game in the gamefinder (most of those will be '[R]anked' division teams, although some [L]eague (include Secret League teams) or [S]tunty Leeg teams will sometimes be in there as well), you can always solicit games in Discord... especially the 145 Club server/section (See datom's post on 27 Oct for more on the 145 section of Discord.)

And welcome aboard!
 Jump to: