60 coaches online • Server time: 20:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
razmus

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2021 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

(Cross-posting to the forum with the idea of providing a longer term place for folks to refer, at request.)

Coming into FUMBBL can't be daunting. There's a lot going on, but it takes a little work sometimes to get started... to get involved. Right now, folks create their first teams in the [C]ompetitive League, and toss'em into Gamefinder and have some fun games. Soon® we'll have the equivalent to the Black Box scheduler for [C] as well. How else can a coach get involved... how can games be found? First, if you aren't already -- take a look at the FUMBBL Discord Server -- in addition to just the news about what's going on... there's a looking for game (lfg) channel, and channel specifically for leagues (more below!)

Open Play Environments
Right now, Royal Rookie Rumble (RRR) tournaments are starting at a regular clip. All new/rookie/zero game [C]ompetitive teams are eligible to play. Rawlf is posting regular updates in his blog as to the number of additional teams needed to start a tournament.
On a periodic basic, minor tournaments for competitive teams ([C]ompetitive division now, but formerly [R]anked and [B]ox.). Tournaments here, in the past, have limits to the size (TV) of teams which enter. We'll see if that changes as seasons are introduced to the environment.
Finally, for competitive teams, the calendar is full of other major and minor tournaments for teams to test their mettle. Frequently you'll see mini-banner pages above your teams on your coaches page. They're worth paying some attention.

And if you really enjoy online tournaments, FUMBBL also hosts official NAF tournaments! If you're a NAF coach (and why wouldn't you be for five monetary units you get dice and your results at NAF touraments tracked!), then keep an eye on that group too. They also have their own Discord Server.

Both Secret League Open (SL16) and Secret League 2020 (SL20) are still active, and the same gamefinder used for the [C] teams works for Secret League. If you aren't finding a game you wanna play in C... spin up a team in one or both of the Secret League environments and toss them into the gamefinder at the same time. In addition, there's a whole channel in the Secret League Discord for Matchmaking secret league teams.

In addition, both SL16 and SL20 have the Old World Rookie Rumble (OWRR) for new/rookie/zero game teams from each of those open environments. They run far less often than the RRR tournaments, but it has it's own section in the Secret League Discord where I occasionally mention how many more teams we need to start a new tournament. (But both tournaments are ALWAYS recruiting for new teams!)
Any SL16 is also eligible to participate in the Old World Brawls (OWB), which are smaller tournaments which are also always recruiting and start as quickly as we get eight eligible teams signed up for any particular TW bracket. (OWBs for SL20 will begin when seasons are implemented.)

Coaches are encouraged to sign up teams in the Secret League Open group(s) in which they wish to participate. PM are sent announcing upcoming major tournaments for each of the Secret League environments.

Leagues
There's a multitude of leagues on FUMBBL. In general, watch the Forum and Blogs on the FUMBBL site for announcements from individual leagues recruiting or looking to fill slots. In addition, as I mentioned earlier, there is a channel on the FUMBBL Discord for leagues, AND many leagues have their own discord servers. Announcements will often be made on the Secret League Discord, folks in Americas timezones might want to join the FLCA FUMBBL group and FLCA Discord. Folks around the Australia/New Zealand/Oceania timezones might want to stop into the Southern Waste Discord and see the array of leagues and tournaments they have going on... some of which might interest you. Some of my own smaller leagues are cohosted on the FUMBBL Leagues Discord, which has a channel for recruiting as well.
All that said, here one every new coach should have the link for -- it is always recruiting!

New to Blood Bowl, new to FUMBBL, or struggling to learn the basics -- the 145 Club has been an excellent place to get acclimated to this hobby we've adopted. It is almost always taking on new coaches into it's Open Round Robin tournaments. And I believe this will be it's last season with the BB16 rules... I've heard the next season will be BB20!

Last edited by razmus on Oct 28, 2021 - 13:56; edited 1 time in total
razmus

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2021 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Now separating out the more time dependent elements -- these are the leagues recruiting for coaches right now!

[BB20] They're running their recruiting forum thread now! Blood Bowl Coaches in the UK... this is the league for you. They're starting up fresh with BB2020 teams. Don't miss out.

[BB20] For folks in the Americas time zones -- NWBL is ALMOST finished season zero, and is recruiting ONE MORE COACH/TEAM for pre-season one.

[BB16] The NCBB is another for the Americas time zones, they're just finishing up Season 38 and are recruiting for Season 39 now! It uses a custom season format in which individual players progress thru their college career, eventually graduating and getting drafted to the NBFL!

[SL20] Secret Leagues America 2020 (SLA20) operates in the SL20 open environment... allowing coaches to play up to four friendlies with other teams in the open environment before the season starts. New teams starting now, and the recruiting thread is in the forums now! (Taking as many coaches/teams as are willing to play with us for a few months.)

XXXL is about to switch to BB20 for their new season and organizes the current XXL tournaments with less custom rules and always based on specific Goblin teams. Currently the RUMBLE IN THE JUNGLE with Forest Goblins Rumble in the Jungle but future events based on a Goblin Cheaters and Necromantic Goblins are already in the works.

[SL16] The Secret Isle of Misfit Teams took a season off because we dropped below critical mass. If we wrangle enough experienced teams in the SL16 open environment who are looking for a home for at least a season, we'll start up again. Come chat with us in our channels in the FUMBBL Leagues Discord (link above.)

None of these work for you?
Or you got something else going on? Let me know, and I'll endevour to compile periodic summaries.
But if you don't see what you want to play here -- watch the blogs and the forums! The Forest Goblins just started their own tournament in the last week and were searching high and low for just ONE more coach (which I believe they found.) There was (or is) an Edmonton Franchise team in the Canadian Blood Bowl League looking for a coach. As I prepare this blog, I see a draft league looking for a coach, and I think a French language league looking for coach(es) (my French comprehension isn't what it was fifty years ago.). Hopefully this helps someone find what they need to have just a little MORE fun on FUMBBL, and isn't that what this is all about?
DoctorMidnight

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2024 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent work, Razmus!
For both rookies and I-feel-at-home-on-Fumbbl players.
this thread deserves to be pinned right now Smile
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2024 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

DoctorMidnight wrote:
Excellent work, Razmus!
For both rookies and I-feel-at-home-on-Fumbbl players.
this thread deserves to be pinned right now Smile

There is a link on your home page that points to Fumbbl League News.

Yeah, Raz is awesome. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2024 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Yeah, Raz is awesome. Very Happy

I confirm!!! This gentleman rules Smile
 Jump to: