36 coaches online • Server time: 11:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2015 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

This forum thread is for anything relating to Season 62 of the SWL.

Links:

Announcements:

• Divisional Structure
    1 Premier, 3 Conferences, 2* Regional. (Draft numbers may necessitate a third regional division)
  • Season Commencement
    First round will begin on or around Monday 19th October with a deadline of 2nd November.
  • Axing
    PM to the swladmin FUMBBL account by 10pm Monday SWL (Sydney) time if your game has not yet been played. Check out the Guide for more information or check with someone else in chat. Refer to post below for more details about expectations. This is also the method for advising of parking at the end of a season.
  • General
    Please be aware that we rely on individual coaches to be active in checking this forum, arranging games against opponents (especially if not on east coast of Australia) and in communicating with Admins. The responsibility is on the coach to enquire, not the Admins to inform. Please feel free to ask any questions, anytime.
  • Trial of Blood
    Please be aware that the Trial of Blood is not a chance for teams to grow at the expense of competitive play. Play to win and keep the integrity of the SWL intact. If admins deem that a coach is not abiding by this then the team may have to retrial.
  • Don't Forget! SWL is currently in ADST - Australian Daylight Savings Time. Please make sure you are aware of this when scheduling games!

Rules to be brought in for Season 62:

• Promotion and Relegation:
    In keeping with our efforts to monitor recent rules changes, SWL Admin have made the following amendment to the Promotion and Relegation structure:
    Premiership division - Top THREE (3) Teams remain, all others relegated to Conferences.
  • Admin reserve the right to change the divisional structure and drafting team's TV/TW limit whenever it is deemed to be in the best interests of the league.

Commish's Comments:

• Admin are keeping an eye on recent changes (particularly promotion/relegation and ToB) and will review/make changes as and when they deem necessary.
  • Admin reserve the right to change the divisional structure and drafting team's TV/TW limit whenever it is deemed to be in the best interests of the league.
  • Have fun, bring the Fluff and get those games played (I love to hear the Axeman cry!)

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2015 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay’s Season LXI

First of all, a big congratulations to Grumpsh on his win with Error 404, the maiden Prem title for Necromantic. It took a monster wolf and some great coaching, but they finally got there. Also, its great to see the Wanja Warriors finally put together a strong season along with the Skinks and Intoxicated Mayhem winning more Conference titles.

This season I’m going to do a different style of preview with a pre season power rankings guide to mix it up. There’s a few other guys doing predictions so I’d like to offer something different. Assume teams higher in the power rankings are my picks to win their division.

1. Slumbering Skink - It’s crazy that a lizardmen roster is able to get to this position, especially in a league. On top of that you have an experienced, rutheless coach ready to capitalise on any errors and able to utilise the abomination of a roster to compensate for the rare bad roll he experiences. It’s hard to bet against the Skinks – they’re almost always up there and deserve the spot as the #1 team to beat in the league.

2. Error 404 Afterlife Not Found - Last seasons Prem champions still have a great roster and have proven consistency throughout the year. Grumpsh is a savvy coach and shouldn’t be taken lightly. He has a flexible wolf pairing and the right skills in the right places elsewhere. The only real weakness is that the necromantic TV for value is too high and he is due some bad dice.

3. Malapropism Mania - Strange to be putting this team so high considering their underachieving. I still think that they are probably the one team in SWL you most don’t want to see in your draw. Top coach, broken roster, developed team, clawpomb. For the good of the league, I hope his miserable run of dice continue.

4. Technically Minded - A little similar to the team above, you know Technically Minded are going to be well coached and have the ability to hurt you. Grod is an expert at pitch control and grinding out a win. They’re playing for keeps again now without the deathroller, the roster is looking good - so watch out.

5. Sacred Spawning of Sotek - Tyra_Nid should be disappointed with last season. He had the roster and he has the skill to get that Prem title. The fundamental base of this team is incredibly strong with the right pieces in the right spots. If Nid can refind some coaching form, which I think he will in conferences, then he is sure to be promoted again and should push for a title next time round.

6. SWL Fun Police - Semitence was so close to that title. Unfortunately, I think it was in spite of some pretty poor play at various spots in the season. Semitence needs to work out whether he wants to win or he wants to hurt everyone, if he continues to be split between the two he won’t do either well. That said, as we saw he will sometimes just be able to roll dice to a victory.

7. Large Head-on Colliders - Some would probably think that LHC are a bit low and in truth they probably are. These two Bulls are a crutch for Barre with support from the rest of the broken Chaos Dwarf roster they are always going to be a tough matchup. I just think that one of those Bulls is due to go down and that increasingly Paper environment might hurt the team without the Bulls to save them.

8. Steaked - I keep saying the team looks a little under cooked but Jevouse continues to surprise me. Dark Elves are efficient and capable if they look behind on paper. Jevouse has surprised me with his craftiness but I don’t know if he is going to be able to get it done in Prem without better defensive play.

9. Intoxicated Mayhem - Erickan is up and down between Prem and Conferences like a yoyo with the evergreen Mayhem. Unfortunately, it’s been a while since he was able to seriously contend for the big one over a full season. On his best days Erickan plays patient and exploits the strength of his team. It’s the bad days that hurt though, when ge goes a bit wild and starts thinking he is controlling a different race.

10. Wings of the Condor - Relezite is yet to live up to the hype he came into the league with. A lot of pressure for sure, based on easier environments in FUMBBL larger. Still, he is undoubtedly a good coach and his team is looking nasty but just lacks a few fundamental skills to deal with certain opponents. He needs to find a window where he gets those skills, keeps Viola alive and avoids the rest of his team being decimated. No easy task.

11. Sphinxes from Mars - My personal favourite team to spectate. It’s great to see fouling so prominent. And what do you know, Luo is actually becoming a decent coach? He has worked out pitch control and knows how to play Khemri. However, they’re still Khemri and this isn’t blackbox.

12. Jinxed Jesters - Probably in Prem a season early. As I said with Steaked though, the Dark Elves are strong even when they’re a little underdone. Tribal is a great coach and this team will be ranked higher in coming seasons, no doubt. I think he might surprise a few in Prem this season, but I still have to put him down in the early teens based on which team I’d like to come up against.

13. Griffon Gate Sentinels - The people’s champion, Carlos has been on fire lately. His play has been a little one dimensional and is entirely dependant on Iolas and Tanyl, but it is still difficult to stop. If either or both of these guys goes down or is accounted for its obviously a problem for him, which is something he has to work out in Prem.

14. Wanja Warriors - Stu is a capable coach. His roster looks perfect for Orcs in the CRP environment. He has the guard to control the pitch, a little bit of hitting to get the numerical advantage and the agility to move around when plan A doesn’t work. Watch out for him in Prem this season.

15. Redgum’s Rodents - After a tough season in Prem Redgum’s roster is still looking surprisingly strong, especially in the most importan area – Gutter Runners. While this continues the Rodents will always be a tough matchup. I keep saying it, but if Redgum gets his timing right he could skyrocket up this list. In the meantime, I think the team is a top grade conference player.

16. Orcs for Correct Spelling - I don’t know about these guys. Dazed is a good coach, but I’m not sure he is yet a great Orc coach. He’s solid, sure, but I am undecided exactly where he stands. The roster needs BOB skills and more guard. It will maim the odd team but that’s not the best strategy with orcs overall I feel.

17. Horrors of Skye - LEGENDS. Red Knight and Blue Lord are still alive forming the backbone of this team. JoeKano will continue to be a tough Conference level opponent and is capable of earning Prem promotion any season. I’d love to see him put it together and get a trophy. He might just need Slicer to develop and a bit of guard around.

18. Madness Mountain Misery - Reggies were too easy for DustBunny, but the real competition started in Conferences. Last season would probably be described as satisfactory – nothing more or less. He has a solid base to build from and could go either way from here. This is the season we find out what Dustbunny is made of.

19. Wonga Wonga Whalekillers - They’re down, they’re out, has beens – think that at your peral. These guys are legends and they will be back.

20. Autumn’s Leaves - Overall a good roster that appears to be well coached but somehow doesn’t have the record to reflect that. Maybe its bad luck or a lack of patience in long term league team management, but in any one off match this is a team you have to take seriously.

21. Eau De Toilet – This team has experienced a few setbacks. Sometimes I find that certain teams are just cursed in SWL and this may be the case for Irgy. If he can get them going however, you know they are going to feature in Prem next year. Let’s see.

22. Ashamaniac - Redmaul needs to get his shit together. He has a good team here but is let down by some odd coaching mistakes. Funnily enough, we know he is capable of better and shows it occasionally - he just needs to do it consistently or else he will continue to fade and fall down the list.

23. Soylent Greenstars - Solid team. I know dapperdan is a decent coach but I don’t yet know where he sits in SWL. There’s some odd skill choices in the roster, but this team has potential. They will need to learn to be rutheless and go for the throat when they are in a winning position.

24. Mexican Standoff - Smegish was able to prance around at ease in the regionals last season and has a roster to reflect the freedom he was allowed. Unfortunately, I think the skills are spread around too much. Also, Smegish has a tendency to let bad dice get to him, which sees him make the odd loose move and lose focus.

25. White Fluffy Stuff - I don’t know where to put polemarch. He showed glimpses of promise with the Slann but was pretty disappointing with the Vampires. Sometimes he is too focused on fun instead of being competitive. If he can be the latter, this team could end up with a Prem title, no doubt. They have a good foundation to build on with a few nice stats in the right places.

26. Cocksville Blockers - The poor old Blockers will probably continue to be a run of the mill conference filler unless they can get a stat freak or something to counter the many weaknesses of the human roster.

27. Miamimi Vice - Beyond the confusing name, I like these guys. Karnov could be a good coach if he stuck to a good team. He needs to develop those Ghouls and wights and this team will be good. I think they could end up something like the Horrors of Skye and potentially push even further in prem competition if he is savvy.

28. Psych Lab - Another Legendary Skaven team from the Rat Man. They’re looking ok with a future one turner and a few good runners coming along. Still, they need a few more skills and seem overcosted at 196 TV. Also, he has to keep them alive in conferences.

29. Chaos All Sorts - Pact with 3 big guys are mediocre until I’m proven otherwise. Darq is a solid coach and the marauders are almost getting the versatility they need but I can’t get past those 3 Big Guys.

30. Athel Loren Lovers - With those two wardancers this team could be anything. Still, somehow Charger just finds a way to get beat. He needs to workout what is going wrong there, play a little more conservative and technically solid and then he could shoot up this list.

31. Jaegers - I love the look of this roster as a launching point. I still don’t think a passing team is going to experience long term success but maybe ab08mi could be the man to prove me wrong. The rest of the roster looks super sexy.

32. Port Macquarie Snowleapards - They’ve got a way to come from Regionals but I think the season down there will do them well. The +AG tree needs to be fired for sure but otherwise this team is an offensive powerhouse. If they can get lucky on defense and keep their team on the pitch Pyates16 is capable of getting back to relevance in Conferences.

33. High Elvis - Go Mushroomy! A good season from the youngster in regionals, showing his old man how its done. I love the team name and I love Always On My Mind – this is a team I’m going to enjoy spectating.

34. Prancing Unicorns - Luke Skywalker. This team should breeze through regionals this season – no excuses. Then we will see where they really sit.

35. Colour of Money – And PJJ wins the Dynamite race to Conferences. Probably not the best thing for him wth the team yet. Still, he will have fun and is a capable enough coach to maybe sneak a win while he’s up here.

36. Freezy Trees This team needs some time in regionals and needs to value its players a bit more. Other than that, ramchop has the ability to solidify them as a conference team and then go from there.

37. Regional Contenders – Who is going to step up?

Last edited by Tomay on %b %18, %2015 - %13:%Oct; edited 2 times in total
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2015 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I seem to always the in the most interesting group (to me) and therefore each season I will review it.

As I diced a few key opponents last game, I find myself in Prem this season, and discovered how hard it is to predict with the quality of coaches so here goes:

1. Slumbering Skink
It is hard to go against Faulcon this season. When Saurus get up and running they are hard to stop, and his worst Saurus has three skills. He has an agility 4 skink, which is gold to Lizardmen sides. He has won before, and could not be in a better position to win again.
The X-Factor The saurus have 3 niggles, and one with a -AV. This could leave him exposed, especially against the Fun Police. The ag4 skink is utter gold, yet skinks are hard to keep around, especially when they have big targets on them. So I think the X-Factor is a possible glass jaw that Slumbering Skink possesses.

2. Error 404 afterlife not found
The champs will be back in the mix, no reason that they can't go around again. Amazing that this side has only lost 4 games, ever. The three stat increases are perfect, a st4 wolf, an ag4 wolf, a mv8 ghoul, really brilliant side, well coached.
The X-Factor The one thing that really strikes me is this side basically has no weaknesses. The flesh golems aren't that developed which could hurt against the bash side. But that's the best I have got. With nothing to exploit don't doubt Grumpsh will be back up there.

3. Intoxicated Mayhem
Such a huge strong side. Sporting four separate strength boosts and an ag4 thrower, this side will be a hell of a force. Erickan has come very close a few times before and I think he has as good of a chance as he ever has. With a couple of POMBs this side will remove players and control the pitch.
The X-Factor A team value of 247 is damn impressive, but that is 230,000 in inducements to the second nearest competitor. Against the lowest, it is 990,000... so the x-factor will be dealing with that ever present wizard, those babes that keep bringing their players back, and the stars that keep rocking up.

4. Griffon Gate Sentinels
As with a lot of elves sides, a few stats go a long way. A strip ball leaping blitzer is agility 5. The thrower has that extra movement. And best of all is Iolas, the st4 ag5 leaping catcher. This side will be very difficult to contain, opposing coaches will win or lose based on how many they can get off early enough.
The X-Factor It is no secret that a lot of the Sentinels season will be on the back of two players, especially Iolas. They will have bigger marks on their back than Dick Cheney's hunting partners. Not a good thing in this division, a death or perm (or even a timely MNG or two) could see a far lower finish, both players playing 7 games could see them challenge for the title.

5. SWL Fun Police
Semi came up short by the slimmest of margins last season, and he finds himself in a good position again. No other claw based sides to face, and some great orcs and saurus to tear through. Nurgle in general are a one trick pony, and semi does that one trick very very well. They play well, they can end seasons.
The X-Factor The three elves sides will prove a handful. Semi only has three tacklers, and none of his heavy hitters. With no positioning skills, I think he is going to smash the rock sides, but the faster sides will pull just enough points off him to deny him again.

6. Wäŋa Warriors
New coaches to Prem never do very well in their first season. Some crazy dice last season has hidden the fact that they are a reasonable side who occasionally play great games. They won't be able to outbash Mayhen, Police, or the Skinks. Will put up a fight against the others. Some diving tackle goes a long way against the elves, expect most of their points to come from there.
The X-Factor A strength 4 agility 4 blodging surehands blitzer in a guard cage will be hard for a lot of sides to stop. The side lives or dies off that play.

7. Steaked

Last season I thought Steaked would be relegated to the regionals, turns out I know stuff all. A few niggles and an armour break will be exposed in Prem. They are missing that truly great stat freak that makes elves so hard to play against. I would never write off Jevouse after the season he had, but it it hard to see Steaked taking it all.
The X-Factor If Jevouse cleans up, he will do so like he did last season, with great coaching. A win or two early and some good winnings and he should be sporting a full side, and from there he will challenge anyone.

8. Jinxed Jesters
It is very hard picking last place in a season like this, but the TV of 148 has made my decision for me. Every coach in Prem is good and tribal is better than most, yet I can't see a side like this competing with some of the beastly TV's that are roaming around. If Tomay gives out a “kiss of death” I surely do the opposite given how badly I predicted last season.
The X-Factor Tribal has some cash, so his TV is slightly deceptive. He is not sporting any niggles or av breaks on any positionals. I suspect he will walk into next season with an extra blitzer, giving him a full side. He gets his blodge working for him he won't come 8th.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!

Last edited by DrDiscoStu on %b %19, %2015 - %12:%Oct; edited 6 times in total
SWLpearls

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2015 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

WARNING: The SWL is a dangerous place, if you come across any of the following abominations be sure to dispatch of them promptly and hand them in for the bounty of a shiny Black Pearl.

Lothario II of the Athel Loren Lovers in the Left Coast Style Conference
François Englert of the Large Head-on Colliders in the Left Coast Style Conference
Viola of Wings of the Condor in the High Street Dandies Conference
Luke SkyOrker of the Prancing Unicorns somewhere down in the Regionals.

It seems that Night Patrol of the Public Service Announcement has gone into hiding, any information as to his whereabouts would be gladly received.

Last edited by SWLpearls on %b %19, %2015 - %09:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
swladmin

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2015 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Its that time again, blades are being sharpened, muscles are toned and ready. A veritable forest of trees have been felled in anticipation.

The axeman wants some action. To stop becoming another victim follow the rules closely.

Extensions

If you and your opponent are unable to play before the deadline, you may request an extension. To request an extension, invite the swladmin FUMBBL account into the PM thread between you and your opponent.

NOTE !!! : This PM should include a pre-arranged time to play during the extension period between you and your opponent.

For example: Hi Mr Axeman, Extension please. Luohghcra and I haven't been able to get our match in, and I'm going to be hunting dropbears this long weekend. We have arranged to play on Tuesday at 7.30pm. -Bobs

Extensions are limited to 10pm Sydney time on the Wednesday after the original deadline. If you have not played before then, you should send another PM requesting the forfeit points. Axeman will use his discretion as to who gets forfeit and points or points penalty (-1).

In the case of having an opponent not respond to your PM's, this method allows it to be clearly seen by The Axeman. Lets us know you've tried to make contact, but have had no response. Don’t ask for an extension, as it isn't likely the other chap will turn up if he's already failed to respond and it will make games for the next round more difficult to arrange.

Where possible I will contact you in IRC to find out whats going on but PM's still need to be sighted.

A tip for new and old alike, plan ahead for your next round as early as possible don't leave it till after extension deadline to start talking.

Be active in checking the site, it takes 5 mins to read a PM and write something back, it also shows that you are making an effort.

Have fun

Axeman

(aka Bobs)

ramchop

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2015 - 19:34
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Team Challenge

This season sees the introduction of a new faction - ALIEN. More games, more matches. Can FOUL retain the Cup?

Last edited by ramchop on %b %21, %2015 - %07:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
ramchop

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2015 - 19:36
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Hundreds and hundreds of active players in SWL. Who to look up to? Who to aspire to be like? Why the Legends of course.

Love them, hate them. Try to kill them. You can not ignore them. There are even two in the Reggies this season!

Currently 13 active Legends in SWL

Image François Englert (Large Head-on Colliders), 443SPP
Image Robert Brout (Large Head-on Colliders), 317SPP
Image Uzthug Chivas Regal (Intoxicated Mayhem), 233SPP
Image The Abdominal Snowman (Malapropism Mania), 218SPP
Image sneutrino (Large Head-on Colliders), 209SPP
RIP Image Erigor Chabot (Intoxicated Mayhem), 208SPP
Image Gobslag Glenmorangie (Intoxicated Mayhem), 204SPP
Image Borgan Bollinger (Intoxicated Mayhem), 202SPP
Image Vrong Glenfiddich (Intoxicated Mayhem), 197SPP
Image Blue Lord (Horrors Of Skye), 190SPP
Image Skinner II (Horrors Of Skye), 190SPP
Image Kegman Eigil (Wonga Wonga Whalekillers), 184SPP
Image Fish Oil Nilsson (Wonga Wonga Whalekillers), 176SPP

Will there still be 13 by the end of LXII? More, or less? There are five players within 35 points of becoming a Legend. Will they make it? Will they die trying?

Last edited by ramchop on %b %25, %2015 - %02:%Oct; edited 3 times in total
lolvenom

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2015 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Good luck and happy killing, bitches! The most Ogresome team of all will be back in a season or two's time. If any of you want to play at 3am then no doubt I'll be awake and around to spec.

May all your fouls result in nasty stat decreases and retirements!
Semitence

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2015 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Travelling? Enjoy the break!
Tyra_Nid

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2015 - 03:35 Reply with quote Back to top

swladmin wrote:
Tuesday at 7.30pm. -Bobs

7.30pm!? Sorry, you've broken my suspension of disbelief in that example, Bobs :p
Karnov

Post 14 Posted: Oct 19, 2015 - 03:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Really great write-ups, Tomay and Stu Cool

Tomay wrote:
Miamimi Vice - Beyond the confusing name...

It's Maimami - not confusing if you spell it correctly Rolling Eyes Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2015 - 05:21 Reply with quote Back to top

lolvenom may be having a break from SWL, but he'll be having no rest.
Any news yet lolvenom?

Bio template here.
Fortis

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2015 - 06:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Can someone post a link to the custom pitch template in Photoshop/GIMP format if it exists, or whatever does exist. It's time to get serious about Easy Mode.
lolvenom

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2015 - 07:47 Reply with quote Back to top

cdwat wrote:
lolvenom may be having a break from SWL, but he'll be having no rest.
Any news yet lolvenom?

Baby no name turned up on Friday morning. A bouncing boy at a mighty 4.235kg, but it's not all fat, he's 52cm long so takes after Dad in that regard.

Thanks for asking Smile
cdwat

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2015 - 07:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats lolv! Glad to hear he arrived safely Smile

ps. I think "no name" is against the player naming regulations

Bio template here.
 Jump to: