42 coaches online • Server time: 18:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2015 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Waterbowl Weekender

Hi all,

The next tournament in our Online NAF series will be a little different. Fed up of the cold weather? Crashed out of the FUMBBL Cup? Trying to shift the post World Cup blues? You need the Waterbowl Weekender! The event will last for one weekend only, so make sure you mark your calendars for the 28th / 29th November 2015 NOW!

The Waterbowl is the home of Manchester's tabletop league, and every February / September, coaches descend on the North West Gaming Center for the Waterbowl and Stunty Slam tournaments. Our online tournament winners will win a free ticket to the relevant event (group winners to the Waterbowl, Stunty winners to the Slam).

The rulespack for our tournament can be found here or here. It's also summarised below.

Applications open at 22:00 server time on Friday 20th November, and you can make a team via this link and apply to one of three groups according to your timezone. Coaches wishing to play in European timezones should apply here, North American timezones here, and Oceanic timezones here.

Rulespack Summary

• Non-progression Blood Bowl!
• Team treasury: 1.10 M gold
• Format: 6 games of Swiss in ~ 30-40 team groups formed according to timezone preference (Europe, America, Oceania). The size / number of groups will depend on applications
• There will be no playoff - group winners / highest placed Stunties are all winners!
• 3 rounds Sat. 28th Nov. 3 rounds Sun. 29th Nov. (exact schedule according to timezone below)
• Teams will be awarded 5 'normal' skills and 1 double for all games

Tournament Schedule

• Saturday 28th November

- Game 1: 11:00
- Game 2: 14:00
- Game 3: 16:00

• Sunday 29th November

- Game 4: 11:00
- Game 5: 14:00
- Game 6: 16:00

• In the event a timezone group does not attract > 12 entrants, only 3 rounds will be played on one day (Saturday 28th November)

• For European timezone entrants, the shown round start times are Central European Time (CET / FUMBBL server time). For North American entrants, times are Central Standard Time (CST), and for Oceanic entrants Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT)

Any questions? Shout below!

Cheers,

Phil / Goo.

Last edited by Purplegoo on Nov 16, 2015 - 19:42; edited 1 time in total
Eieksar

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2015 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been meaning to attend a tournament for such a long time and never got round to it. As the Waterbowl is almost on my doorstep, I thought I'd break my duck.

Then I realised I'll be in Edinburgh on a stag do that weekend. Every cloud.

Rolling dice tell us that Nuffle cannot be defeated.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2015 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Argh!

The north / NW is well served for tournaments. Don't wait too long to break that duck. Wink
Leipziger_Waterbowl

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2015 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

@Ar-Ulric - yes, +1 to what Phil says!

Whereabouts in Lancashire are you? Are you involved with any TT groups e.g. CACK? The Waterbowl has a Facebook group where there is tourney/fummbl/tt stuff going on a lot of the time, if you are looking for games.

@wormito on twitter

Waterbowl Commissioner
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2015 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it's gonna be interesting to see how many players this kind of event can draw, and how they feel about the motivation thing as compared to the six week event. Of course it'll mean you mostly won't be able to spec other games cause you're busy playing (same as TT naturally).

Personally there's really no way I could get an entire weekend freed up for this. Smile

Good luck + have fun all!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2015 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not for everyone, but it's great for some! Smile

We'll see how we go. The tournaments have innovated as we've gone along, and this should be a top weekend of BB before a Christmas break.
fxiii

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2015 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

that's exactly the kind of event i dreamed to see here on fumbbl, awesome news !!!!

i'll just need to explain my wife why i drink 25 beers a day in front of my computer, to be in the real TT situation Very Happy
Leipziger_Waterbowl

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2015 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Not long now until registration is available!

If you have an interest in our TT tournament in february, you can find the info here:

http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=41570

@wormito on twitter

Waterbowl Commissioner
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2015 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

The OP is updated, there's a blog and we'll be front page soon. Your application to the online version of the Waterbowl Weekender can be made on Friday!

Please take a look at the schedule and ensure you'll be available for 6 games before applying. Games will be forfeited 15 minutes after the round starts if you do not arrive to play.

Any questions? Shout! Very Happy
SkavenLordVinshqueek

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2015 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Too bad that it's all six matches in one weekend, as I can't play the whole of the weekend. Is this setup going to be a one-time thing, or are we to expect this to become standard?

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2015 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Good luck with this one, really wish I could play but no way I can free up a whole weekend Sad
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2015 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I would not say it's going to become the standard way we do this. Think of it as an innovative experiment that fills a gap before Christmas nicely. It might happen again, but let's see how it goes.

We've mixed it up a little with each passing tournament, expect that to continue. Wink

Last edited by Purplegoo on Nov 17, 2015 - 18:48; edited 1 time in total
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2015 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

What's with all the hatred and encouraged violence towards waterfowl lately? Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2015 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Applications OPEN!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2015 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Just your standard Saturday night BUUUUUUMP!

I'll start accepting teams on Monday night. Please do your best to apply before kickoff time; if we can get away with just one or two stragglers on Saturday, we can start promptly!

Cheers. Smile
 Jump to: