18 coaches online • Server time: 04:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Apojar

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2016 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

CHEFCTER: It's that time of year again, NBFL fans! You're watching the Season 16 edition of the NBFL Draft Review and Analysis Show. I am your host, Stabbem Chefcter, welcoming you once again to what is becoming as regular a tradition as the Beaster Bunny, the Fourth of Ghoul-eye, and Santa Claws.

Our program this year, you may notice, has undergone a change or two. Due to being embattled in a bitter contract disupute with Blood Sports Daily Network, or BSDN as we commonly call it, on top of an OVERWHELMING number of death theats from the Black Panther Party faithful, my long-time co-host isn't here with me this season. I'd personally like to wish my friend and devoted fan of NPR's Car Talk, Mr. Kill Wiper Jr, a speedy return to our program.

Season 15 has been abundant in bone-crushing, Elf dodging, high-scoring action. We're currently seeing the final chapter in the Green Ball / NY Giant Leeches saga, as the New York franchise is being sold, due to many complaints about concession sales in the stadium. It turns out that the out-of-town fans don't enjoy every kiosk being a blood bank of some kind. They want diversity.

We were treated once again to the angry rivalry in the NFC South between Atlatl and Carolina. We also saw the continued success of the High Elves in Seattle out of the NFC West. We've had a very nice resurgence of the Minnesota franchise in the NFC North to challenge Green Ball. The playoffs have already seen some bloody, exciting action, with hopes for more in store.

In the AFC East, the dominance of New Angryland has resurfaced, which sent shivers down everyone's spine. The AFC North was once again conquered by the defending champion Bludgeoneers. The AFC West gave us the most excitement toward the end of the year, featuring an all-or-nothing match to qualify for the playoffs between the two old timers of the division in San Dogo and eventual victor Oakland. The AFC South is still top-heavy, with Tennessee and Indianapolis proving to be the cream of the crop. Even our old punching bags in Jacksonville showed some improvement this season, stringing together a 3-game winning streak toward the end before meeting Cincinnati.

Some franchises seem to ebb and flow, while others seem to be perennial mainstays. The reason why we're here today is because we hope to be a part of each franchise's resurgence to glory, with a unique feature found in very few Leagues in the Old World: a draft.

Players are selected from a pool of graduates from the NCBB, a collegiate-level league. If the graduates have enough talent, they just might get the call from one of the 32 rosters looking for help in the NBFL.

The order of teams drafting is based on their performance from the previous season. It is assumed, in general, that the more help your team needs, the better your draft position is. No one really WANTS to draft up that high, but it's a comfort to know at the end of a grueling campaign that help is on the way.

I still feel a bit naked doing this without Killy but, much to Jeffro's delight, we're going to jump on in to the Season 16 Draft! Let's take a look at our first overall pick, who is finding a home in the AFC West.

1. KEGGIE CITY

Race: Simyin
Player Selected: Anthony Mooredeath (UM – Rolla)
Skills: (+AG), (+AG), Dodge, Sure Hands, Pass Block (76 pts)
Position: Orangutan

Grade of Pick: A

Keggie City found itself on the bottom of a crowded AFC West last season, historically considered to be the division with the best level of competition for its crown. They are rarely top-heavy; their matches are bitter and to the death. The Chimpanziefs will have quite the hill to climb in the near future, with the likes of Oakland, San Dogo, and newcomer Denvork to the the fray.

(NETWORK NOTE): At the airing time of this segment, the Denvork roster was not available for publishing.

Let's look at what coach Keggiemckill already has at his disposal, and see if they can pick up someone to do the most good.

SILVERBACK: Not needed. With Jevon Kearse still firmly in place on the squad, there's no need at all to be looking for a replacement. He's the absolute rock of this squad.

GORILLA: Possibly. With 4 slots to fill, there is one rookie that can certainly be upgraded, as well as a niggled veteran. This is a possibility, but it would not be the first place we'd look to improve on.

CHIMPANZEE: Not needed. The 2 slots for this position are filled, with one being Julio HackCough, the superstar of the squad. This is a position that doesn't need to be addressed.

ORANGUTAN: Possibly. There are only 2 slots available here, but one is a pure rookie. The veteran is AJ McCarron, who has served as the squad's ball distributor, primarily to superstar Chimpanzee HackCough. This position is quite important, so this may be an area that should be addressed with the appearance of a viable player.

BONOBO: This is also a place of need. These are the Linemen of the squad, doing the grunt work of the team to allow the stars to function. There are only 4 skills among the 5 players at this position, with half of them belonging to Max Tizmo. This would be an easy place to add improvement to the squad.

With the first pick in the draft, this is quite the luxury for the front office. It's as easy as assessing the best player available, and adding him to your arsenal. Unfortunately, the luxury comes at the price of last season's success.

Glancing through all the available and anxious candidates, Anthony Mooredeath towers over everyone, being head and shoulders above the rest of the field. He becomes an instant target with the ability to distribute the ball to Long Bomb range at a 3+, and 2+ anywhere shorter. Coming with Sure Hands and Dodge, Mooredeath becomes one of the most difficult players to account for in game planning. He's one of the most agile players to ever come out of the NCBB. He will slide into an Orangutan role with ease, offering a potent 1-2 punch with McCarron. Beautiful pick.

Our next squad endures some hard times last season at the bottom of the NFC South. They have a few very good core players which they are seeking to build on for some future success.

2. TAMPA BAY

Race: High Elf
Player Selected: Rob J Morgan (Arizona)
Skills: Mighty Blow, Tackle, Guard – 44 points
Position: Dragon Warrior

Grade of Pick: D

Contrary to their very good draft slot, this team has a very nice, well-rounded core of players already signed for next season. It becomes difficult to compete, however, when you have the likes of perennial bullies Atlatl and Carolina in your face twice a season, not to mention the previous franchise of annoying Nurgle that was camped in New Orelans. The latter has been sold, but don't expect them to be a push-over when they re-form in this off-season.

The Smokeaneers have a very nice roster developing. Let's take a look at it to see where we can add the most improvement for the squad.

DRAGON WARRIOR: No. The super star of the squad, Major High is firmly entrenched as the leader of this team. He's a game-changing, two-way type of player that you simply have very little way of accounting for. The second player in the position is Smokwon Alexander. He's a bit of an odd bird, coming to learn the Sneaky Git skill, but his other skills keep him rather effective nonetheless. This wouldn't be the first place I would look, unless there was a revolutionary type of player available with multiple increases to their physical abilities.

PHOENIX WARRIOR: Probably not, no. Two very nice players are already signed in Crab Legs Winston and Spike Glennon. They both distribute the ball efficiently and quickly. Again, this probably wouldn't be the first place I would look for improvement.

LION WARRIOR: This is probably where I would be looking, yes. High Elves are designed to score over and over, despite however many injuries they may take in a game. In the time it's taken you to read this sentence, Tampa Bay's Spike Evans found the end zone another 4 times. The squad is not really meant for much else but scoring. A lot. At this location in the draft, the Skilled section should be ripe with candidates for an excellent Lion Warrior.

LINEMAN: This would not be a bad place to add some depth, but drafting at slot #2, it may just be a bit too much of a reach unless a super star was available.

According to our analysis, we would be looking to upgrade one of the young receivers on the squad. If nobody was available, we'd search for a stud of a Lineman. Looking in the Skilled section, there are a handful of EXCELLENT candidates available to assist the scoring frenzy.

The front office, however, has some other ideas. Tampa elects to draft Rob J Morgan, a Dragon Warrior out of Arizona . We here at BSDN didn't really care for this selection. The High Elves don't want to be tied up in any sort of a blocking game; they want to hit the one player they absolutely have to, and dodge around everybody else to find their way to the ball. This pick seems to be far more offensive, bash-minded, which is in a stark contrast to the framework of the squad.

We have already mentioned the theory of scoring gazillions of touchdowns per match. There are quite a few candidates that come with extra movement. There are a couple that come with Side Step and an extra skill or two, or even a candidate that has extra movement and strength.

Instead, the Smokeaneers decide on more of a lateral move. They elect to replace Smokwon Alexander with a slightly more physical player. Please don't misunderstand me, we feel that Morgan is an excellent player, but this is not really the best fit for him or the Tampa Bay franchise.

So, there you have it folks, I've stumbled through the very first two picks this season by myself. Stay tuned, as we'll be delving into the next set of draft picks from Season 16's NBFL Draft soon, along with some Special Guest appearances to help me break down your favorite franchise's choice. Stick around!
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2016 - 05:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Great read
FRSHMN

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2016 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Bring back Killy, bring back Killy, bring back Killy

Great read indeed Wink
Apojar

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

CHEFCTER: Welcome back, NBFL fans! You're tuned in to the Season 16 NBFL Draft Review and Analysis Show. I'm your host, Stabbem Chefcter. We'll be bringing you some expert opinions on this season's draft class from fellow coaches, former GM's, and the folks here at BSDN.

As we do every year, we'd like to invite you, the hard-core NBFL fans to get in touch with us on Spitter, our social media network of choice. Feel free to Spit your questions at us throughout the duration for the program. We may choose yours at random to address on the air, but don't think it's only going to be me answering.. this year, we've enlisted a number of NBFL “insiders” to address your quandries.

You can ask us about anything that we may have the answer for, such as:

”What are my favorite team's chances this season?”

”Which player do you think will be the most impactful?”

”What do you think this rash is?

We may have a bit of a harder time with that last question, but we'll search for the best person in the NBFL to try to help you!

We hope to hear from as many of you as possible. Now, let's get back to talking draft picks!

The third pick of this season's draft belonged to a pack of dodgey gents that struggled mightily with injuries last year, ending up on the bottom of the NFC East.

3. WEAKLINGTON

Race: Elf
Player Selected: Brendan Daley (Hawaii)
Skills: Mighty Blow, Dodge, Tackle, Piling On – 52 pts
Position: Catcher

Grade of Pick: B+

The Frailskins undoubtedly lived up to their name last campaign, ending their season with just 11 players remaining. Not all of these 11 were on the opening day roster. Pieces had to be acquired and shuffled in on the fly, often leading to an extremely inexperienced squad on the pitch. Nuffle has a cruel, twisted sense of humor in store for some of us. It seems that last season fell victim to Nuffle's passing whims.

They have already been facing a steep slope, solely based on their divisional rivals. No one envies having to play perennial “tough guy” Philhala twice each season. There is, however, a nice core of players to build around in place. Let's take a look at the roster, and see if we can find where the help is needed most.

BLITZER: No. There are two beautiful players on the roster in Marshawn Lynch and Wilma Wildpuss. They are the beef; the plowers of the road to allow the Catchers to scramble through with the ball. There's no need to replace either of these two.

THROWER: This is a possibility, though it may not be a top priority. They currently have a fairly young player on the squad in the likes of Jeff George. He's efficient at distributing the ball, though he's not other-worldly. If there was an excellent player available, it would be worth considering, but in all likelihood, we would probably pass on this position.

CATCHER: This is probably a good place to add depth, yes. Of the four players already employed, two are pure rookies. The nature of the team is scoring, and fast. Anything that can help you to score more often is worth consideration.

LINEMAN: There's some serious depth needed here, but for the 3rd pick in the draft, it may be a bit of a reach to draft a Lineman this high. Nonetheless, if a Lineman is deemed to be the best player available, that's what you draft.

Our examination seems to reveal that the best player to choose will most likely be a Catcher. Scoring for the squad is tantamount, so we begin our search in the Skilled section.

Looking through the available players, there are a number of ways that Washington can go here. There is a number of players which seem to move faster than most. There are a few players that are able to Side Step. There's even a stronger player available that moves very fast.

Weaklington chooses to add a bit of beef to their receiving core, in the body of Brendan Daley. He'll be a bit behind the front line, which really works to Washington's favor. Here's the thinking we have:

Daley can function as a 3rd Blitzer. He has a little more range than the average Blitzer, but also knows his way around catching a football down the field. He'll be able to hit, and then find his way to safety.

Normally, this would be a much lower grade, but for THIS squad in THIS situation, Daley creates his own role, becoming a 2-way threat for a nicely-developed squad. He also adds an extra bit of fear factor for the likes of Philhala to try and chase down.

Daley may not be the most dynamic player on the board, but for what his new club is going to ask of him, this seems like it could be a valid choice. It's a fairly nice draft pick for the Frailskins.

We would, however, like to hear from somone from in the war room of Weaklington. Ladies and gentleman, we're happy to welcome the head coach of the Frailskins, Garcangel, to our program this season. How's it going, Coach? Stabbem Chefcter here.

GARCANGEL: Its been great, Mr. Chefcter. Happy to be here. Thanks for the invitation.

CHEFCTER: Coach, take us through the approach on selecting Brenden Daley. How did he come about?

GARCANGEL: That's an interesting question. A short answer would be "We either pick him, or face him", but I think your viewers deserve more than that. The reality is we had a rough season, and having suffered 51 CAS in 12 games forced us to keep hiring as much muscle as we can. Yes, Marshawn and Wilma do a great job, but we can't expect them to be the only ones. Thats where Brendan comes in, he is going to help the "big boys" bash away the rest of the teams.

CHEFCTER: Coach, without giving anything specific away, is there any secret or magic formula for dealing with the influx of forceful, bashy teams? How do your boys manage to get the job done while your opponents want to kick you in the groin?

GARCANGEL: Well, I wouldn't go that far as to say we got the job done this past season, but I can tell you my secret for not caring: Bugman’s XXXXXX. Although its getting harder and harder to find... And I mean the original stuff, not that watered down cr*p they sell in the black fire pass...

CHEFCTER: How do you feel the Thrower position should figure in on Elf teams? Is it just an over-glamourized position, or is it something that is truly needed for success?

GARCANGEL: That's a tricky question; too many variables to consider. I believe Elf teams can benefit from having a thrower, yet they can handle themselves pretty well without one. But maybe they do make a difference and we just need to hire a decent one. Maybe that's the reason we didn't do well... *cough cough Jeff George cough cough*

CHEFCTER: Care to offer us a prediction as to how the NFC East figures to shake down this season?

GARCANGEL: I can't predict how the rest of the teams will do, but I do know its going to be a great season for The Frailskins, and if it is not, #blameJeff

CHEFCTER: Coach Garcangel of the Frailskins, thank you very much for stopping in this season.

GARCANGEL: Thank you for having me here, its been a real pleasure.

Our next squad is excited to begin its inaugural campaign in Season 16. We're happy to welcome them into the NBFL, and certainly hope they'll stick around longer than Stan “the Dirtbag” Kroenke did....

4. ST. LOUIS

Race: Wood Elf
Player Selected: Rhys Gervais (Western Illinois)
Skills: (+ST), (+MA) – 17 points
Position: Wardancer

We here at BSDN would like to begin by first offering a toast of our finest year of vintage Kryten's Homemade Honey Mead to the future success of this new franchise.

In a division that has most recently been dominated by High Elves, enter some new competitors who are just as agile and faster than reigning champion Seattle. They can even bring a monstrous Treeman to the pitch, to absorb the punishment that is meant for the rest of the team. Enter the new look St. Louis squad.

The front office is beginning from scratch, so this is the truest case of identifying the best player available. The new GM assesses the players ahead of her, and selects what could only be termed as a freak of nature. Sitting in the room, working out even while he waits, is Rhys Gervais. He comes out of college with the speed and strength that few can match.

Sprinkle in his already decent agility, and you have a player that could very well become the superstar in the division, being a 9-4-4-8, Blodge, Leaper. Very few NBFL teams, let alone in the NFC West, have the ability to deal with such a dynamic presence.

If you're looking to build a winner, and you get the opportunity to start with someone that is freakish in talent, it often allows you to quickly build the players around you. This is an excellent pick for the fledgling squad in St. Louis. There really wasn't any dissenting opinions in the BSDN War Room while we decided on grades. This was a flat-out win for the new folks in the NFC West. A solid choice to build around.

We've now addressed the first 4 picks of the Season 16 NBFL Draft. In our next segment, we'll be discussing picks #5 and 6. You won't want to miss it! Stick around!
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Love it!
Bullroarer4

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

What are the chances my favorite team will do well?

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

What are the chances my favorite team will do well? Which kraken will impact this season the most. How can your favorite warpstone cream cure troll fungus?

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2016 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Who should we look for at the top of the NBFL rankings this year?
What are the chances of Green Ball winning again?
How far will Anthony Mooredeath go? #Rolla
FRSHMN

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2016 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

KillyFanboy11 @NBFL_DRaA_Show wants to know:

Is that video real? You know, THAT video, where Killy drinks a truck load of Jack & Jim, goes Marvin Gaye with two Ogre PROstitutes and does coke like his a freakin' vacuum cleaner!
And am I right that his absence from the Show is due to his addiction treatment at Betty Ford or even Saint Butcher's Hospital?
Get well soon, Killy, we love you all!
Best wishes
Jason
Apojar

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2016 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

CHEFCTER: Hello once again, NBFL fans. You're watching the Season 16 edition of the NBFL Draft Review and Analysis Show. I'm your host, Stabbem Chefcter. If you're just joining us, we are still without my long time co-host and Pentatonix celloboxer, Mr. Kill Wiper Jr. We hope to have him back sometime soon, but since Head Coach Jeffro has issued a fatwa upon his head, it seems safer for him to remain indoors, somewhere deep within his home.

We've already dissected our first 4 picks from this most recent draft. We're also hoping to begin going through some of your Spitter questions in a not-too-distant segment, so be sure to ask us anything and everything pertaining to the NBFL, or your favorite squad, or even us here at BSDN.

Without further delay, let's talk about our 5th pick from last season, which belonged to the new ladies in the “New” town.

5. NEW ORAL'ENS

Race: Amazon
Player Selected: Khari McGee (Arizona)
Skills: (+AG), Side Step, Guard – 39 pts.
Position: Blitzer

We would like to extend a warm welcome to a brave bunch of ladies taking up place in the bayou. We wish them the best of success going forward in what has proven to be a difficult, bloody, and brutal division to play in.

With the likes of Atlatl and Carolina twice a season, things can tend to look gloomy for newer teams, but these ladies won't let anybody stand in their way of a Divisional Championship. That's their goal, year after year. Win, or the season is a failure. They're beginning their legacy by saying all the right things.

Often with newer squads, their very first draft pick becomes a “best player available” scenario. With so many directions to go in, coaches and GM's will often look to some extraordinary abilities to begin building around. This draft pick is no exception.

Khari McGee comes out of college with a beautiful skillset. The extra agility can't be readily taught; this is what sets her apart from a few other candidates that may be harder hitters, or Guards. Drafting a Blitzer makes complete sense, since Amazon squads rely on them to do nearly everything. They have to be the truest form of 2-way players in the NBFL. Add some Side Step to the overall equation, and you create a two-way nuisance for the opponents to plan around.

McGee is also very familiar with the system that Head Coach jjmac34 will be employing, as it happens to be similar system to that used by her college squad. This really is a win-win for both the player and the squad here. A very nice premiere pick for the new franchise out of the Big Easy.

Our next pick, #6, belonged to a squad with a great core of players in place, but was just down on their luck last season.

6. HEARTHSTONE

Race: Dwarf
Player Selected: Denise Dentaldame (Washington)
Skills: Wrestle, Tackle, (+ST) – 31 pts
Position: Troll Slayer

Grade of Pick: D+

It was difficult going for Hearthstone last season. For some reason, they were just never able to find their mojo consistently, ending up on the bottom of the AFC South. The core of this team is beautiful. One of the NBFL's great stars plays here in the likes of super star Runner Hundley Cooperspur. Rarely has there been such a fantastic ball carrier in our beloved league.

Cooperspur cannot do it all by himself, however. No one player can be his entire team in the NBFL. Let's take a look at the help that he has in place, and analyze where he could use the most help.

RUNNER: Tough to say. It's difficult to justify drafting a player this high up to be the back-up. If there's a super star available, it would be worth considering. This position, however, is not the first one that I'd be looking to add to.

BLITZER: No. The two players here, Josie Skull and Zvitny the Merciless, are stellar. They're just so well-skilled for what coach Pentalarc asks of them. I wouldn't be searching here.

TROLL SLAYER: This is a possibility. With two slots available, one is currently filled by a rookie. The other is taken by Hagan the Hulk, a very nice player. This could easily be a place to add some quality.

LONGBEARD: Honestly, no. There are 9 players currently employed, with only one of them being a rookie. These guys are all pretty darn good, so unless it's someone revolutionary, I don't think this would be the place that I would look first.

DEATHROLLER: It does not appear that this squad utilizes the position, based on the franchise's previous history.

All signs point to us looking for a Troll Slayer. After that, it's a luxury, as there's not a super sense of need. With that being said, let's see if there's an adequate player available.

As we glance at available Strength candidates, a very good player emerges in the likes of Rick Casares, coming out of college with Mighty Blow, Tackle, and Piling On. He also comes with Block, so he'd face a point reduction, but that skill set is most desirable for what this team would ask him to do.

The front office, however, had other ideas. They analyzed that they would rather have a stat-monger on the squad, electing to draft Denise Dentaldame, coming out with extra strength as well as Tackle and Wrestle. We here at BSDN didn't care for this pick, and here's why.

Troll Slayers are pure hitters. They come on board with both Block and Frenzy. They are meant to blast open holes for the Runners to gallop into the End Zone. Casares fills this role very nicely, offering healthy doses of punishment.

Dentaldame, however, does not fill this role as well. He does have extra strength, which is a nice feature. For this squad, however, it's not really necessary due to the abundance of Guard. It's going to be hard enough to put a hit on him already with the help that all the Blockers will offer.

You can also add to the debate by mentioning the Dauntless skill that comes with being a Troll Slayer. We know that it isn't always the most desirable scenario to have to depend on Dauntless to bring you a 2-die block, but the percentages tend to be in the offense's favor. A player that has some extra strength somewhat diminishes the Dauntless skill. Figure in all the Guard that the team has, and it seems rare to have to count on Dauntless. The extra strength is simply a waste of a skill choice.

In order for Troll Slayers to throw a block, they need to be standing up, assuming of course that they don't have the Jump Up skill. Enlisting a player that already has Block on board to also employ Wrestle doesn't seem like the best utilization of points. The instances where a player of this type would choose to Wrestle the opponent down seems just too few to be considered useful. It also places the Troll Slayer on the ground, unable to throw a standard block next turn.

Blocking is, for the most part, his sole purpose in his career. If he's lying on the ground from anything other than Piling On his opponent, his utility is greatly diminished, extra strength or not.

We here at BSDN feel that the correct position was drafted for the squad, but the front office didn't select the best player to fill the role.

We've now been through the first 6 picks of this Season's draft. You've heard our reviews and opinions, but this season, we'd like to bring some more folks into the fold. Every so often, we'd like to bring in a special guest to our segments to get their views on what has transpired thus far. For our first review, we'd like to welcome to our program one of our beloved league's venerable coaches. He's been a staple of the NBFL since the league opened the doors to the front office. Ladies and gentlemen, it's a pleasure to welcome in the Head Coach of the Atlatl 'n Falchions, Coach ryanfitz. How's it going, Coach?

RYANFITZ: Great. *pours himself another two fingers from a half full bottle of Glenfiddich 18*

CHEFCTER: Coach, we're changing things up this year, trying to bring some new perspectives to our draft show. You've seen the first six players come off the board. Tell us first what it's like for a new player coming out of the NCBB to find out he's going to play his first game in the big leagues?

RYANFITZ: Well there are new players on the teams every year, so there's nothing unprecedented about that. The biggest challenge for these guys is to get on the program. They've been a man without a country, in their own situation and trying to figure out how to prepare. And each guy has been an independent contractor with their own trainer, training system, and agent, and whatever and they have to forget all that and get to work. Got to get out of that mentality, and have a huge adjustment coming. I don't care where they came from, I don't care what position they play. They are gonna start doing it their new teams way. It's a big adjustment for every rookie. Welcome to the NBFL. We start Thursday. They'll get a big dose of pro football. *finishes the glass*

CHEFCTER: Coach, what is it for Atlatl, without giving anything away, that you tend to look for in new players? Is it always about an extra physical ability? What is it that makes players stand out, in your opinion?

RYANFITZ: *pours another two fingers* We're looking to build a team. Not trying to collect talent. Can a player fill a role? Which player adds value to our team?

CHEFCTER: You've now seen the first 6 players that have come off the board. Which team, in your opinion, scored the best player? What team do you feel may have missed?

RYANFITZ: *drains the glass and pours again* Yeah, you gotta love the skills Mooredeath brings to any team. He is a superbly skilled player. He can change the way you gameplan when you play his team. He was likely top two on every teams board. We will have to face Morgan twice a season, so you can bet we will stay focused on his development.

CHEFCTER: While you happen to be with us, Coach, care to offer us a preview on Atlatl this season?

RYANFITZ: We'll start the season with the guys we have. Trey, JJ, and Ahn'rew will continue to anchor our line. W'es has really developed into a good run blocker, ties up space. Got some guys who can really cover some ground when they need to. Looking to keep up our smashmouth, ballhawk mentality. We'll get our wins.

CHEFCTER: Coach ryanfitz of the Atlatl n' Falchions, thank you very much for joining us.

RYANFITZ: *drains the glass and pours himself another* Hey Sheffy, still got a shot in here, you want some? *pours out the last shot and offers it*

CHEFCTER: Don't mind if I do, Coach, thank you very much. As long as Killy's not around. He's doing well, as he's back on the wagon. This one's for you, Killy. We miss you. *sips*

Folks, we've now dissected the first six picks out of the Season 16 draft. In our next segment, we'll be headed back out to the NFC West, as well as making our first stop in the bashy goulash that is the AFC East. You won't want to miss it. Stick around, NBFL fans!
Apojar

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2016 - 02:07 Reply with quote Back to top

CHEFCTER: Welcome back, fellow NBFL enthusiasts! You're watching the Season 16 edition of the NBFL Draft Review and Analysis Show. I'm your host, Stabbem Chefcter, taking you through all of our squad's newest acquisitions from the off-season.

We've already spoken about the first 6 teams and their newest players. Some of the teams are old, cagey veterans, while others have undertaken new ownership. They've been rather interesting selections so far, and we hope to keep the momentum rolling. Without further delay, our 7th pick this season belonged to a squad that has a personal place in my missing co-host's heart... They finished 3rd last season in the crowded NFC West.

7. ARIZONA

Race: Skaven
Player Selected: Da'Quan Bowers (Clemson)
Skills: Block, Break Tackle, Guard, (+ST) – 62 pts
Position: Rat Ogre

Grade of Pick: A+

Before we go too far into our feelings about this draft pick, we'd like to perform our customary roster dissection, and identify the primary areas of need.

RAT OGRE: Yes. This is certainly an area of need. It would add a bit of help trying to tie up some of the players from Seattle, making it a bit more of an inconvenience to use Dodge. He would also be able to take a few hits that are meant for either the Linemen or the Storm Vermin. This would be a useful place to search for some quality help.

THROWER: No. Head Coach FRSHMN is allowed to employ 2, and he's got a pair of rather good ones in Carson Palmer and, oddly enough, Eli Manning. This really isn't a place to look to add to, as the quality here is already pretty good.

GUTTER RUNNER: Yes. This is indeed a place to add some quality and depth. Gutter Runners are the lifeblood of any Skaven squad. They are the biggest threat to deal with, despite rarely causing damage or bashing. Their threat comes in being able to score on a dime. A Gutter can potentially move nearly half the field in one turn. Speed like that is what makes opponents shiver in fear. The Sinners are permitted to employ 4. They have 2 VERY nice players in Larry Fitzgerald and Stepfan Taylor. One player happens to be a Rookie. This could be a pretty decent place to add some quality depth and scoring.

STORM VERMIN: Maybe, but it wouldn't be high on the list. They are permitted to employ 2, and have Brian Leonard already signed. He's the beef for the squad, scoring over 60 casualties so far. Kevin Minter is also employed, and is still young, but has some nice potential going forward. Unless there was a bona fide superstar available, this wouldn't be the place I would consider improving on.

LINERAT: Sure. It's hard to argue with wanting to improve the core of your squad. There are 7 players on the roster, with a few of them being pretty nice. It wouldn't be bad to replace one of the Rookies on the squad if there's a good player available.

Our analysis shows that we are in need of a Rat Ogre, a Gutter Runner, and if all else fails, a quality Linerat. Let's identify what we feel like would be the best player available for each position, and then begin our serious discussion of which player to add.

For a Rat Ogre, Da'Quan Bowers - Block, Break Tackle, Guard, (+ST) – 62 pts

For a Gutter Runner, Brandon Carter - Block, Side Step, Sure Feet, (+MA) – 51 pts

For a Linerat, Chris James - Block, Dodge, Guard – 31 pts

I don't like to diminish their role on anyone's squad, but given the information above, I'd be quick to dismiss drafting Chris James, as his impact, though positive, would not be felt as heavily as you would desire from a top-10 pick.

That leads us to the discussion of a Gutter Runner versus a Rat Ogre. When examining the value of the positions, most people, BSDN included, will value a top-notch Gutter over the Rat Ogre. This is evident by the fact that many experienced Skaven coaches will not even employ a Rat Ogre, unable to consistantly rely on their abilities due to Wild Animal. Skaven favor scoring 4 touchdowns per match over scoring 1 or 2 while enduring heavy physical casualties.

With all factors being equal, most coaches will elect to draft a scoring player over a bruiser. This situation, however, does not warrant it. Here's why:

We've identified that the best player available for the position is someone with some serious extra speed on board; a potential one-turn scorer. Coach FRSHMN has this ability, albeit with a push needed, already in his arsenal. His skills, though quite useful, aren't the most needed, as they pretty closely resemble what is already possessed by Stepfan Taylor.

A significant Rat Ogre, however, would be quite beneficial. With the likes of Seattle and San Francisco in the division, he certainly helps with trying to tie up the more agile players. It does, however, need to be a farirly well-developed player for this kind of an investment.

Lo and behold, there is a game-changing type of Big Guy available in the likes of Da'Quan Bowers. An ST5 Big Guy is nice, but an ST6 player with Block is fantastic. One assist allows him to throw 3-die blocks, a near necessity for the position. His skill set will translate very well to the NBFL.

This is such a beautiful pick-up, and our first nominee for the Season 16 “Swipe Of The Draft”, a new award sponsored by Swipe, a communications network utilized for corporate meetings, or just talking to distant loved ones. “Take a swipe at someone you love today”!

Here to delve further into his reasoning for drafting Bowers is the Head Coach of the Arizona Sinners, FRSHMN. How's it going, Coach? It's Stabbem Chefcter from BSDN. Thanks for joining us today.

FRSHMN: Hello Stabbem, hello fans of NBFL. I’m very excited to be a part of the show once again.

CHEFCTER: Coach, we've dissected your roster, we've talked about Skaven needs. Can you tell us your opinions on the value of the Rat Ogre position? There's a number of coaches that won't even employ a Big Guy on their Skaven squad, but how do you view the requirements and importance of the position?

FRSHMN: Well, I agree there are many coaches that deny the benefit of a Rat Ogre to a Skaven team. But I think they are wrong, otherwise I wouldn’t waste my Top 10 draft pick on a player for that position. In my opinion, the value of a Rat Ogre is that he draws attention, taking away some heavy hits from other important players like Storm Vermins and Gutter Runners. Da'Quan has the talent, the attitude and the training (TATs™) to stand his ground on the green. He will help us tank our way to the end zone as well as deliver some casualties to the opposition en passant.

CHEFCTER: Do you find it more challenging having to compete against 3 other agility-based teams for your division crown, or would you rather be dancing and dodging through the more physical teams that will have trouble keeping up with your speed?

FRSHMN: I hate playing those freakin’ agility teams. In my opinion, there should only be one dancing and dodging team in NFC West: Arizona. We built our players to be able to compete with both dodgers and blockers, but now the blockers are gone we feel a bit odd equipped. We have to change our way to play the game, seriously. We won’t get as many blocks as we used against the physics, therefore the blocks we get to throw have to leave an impression. It’s as simple as that.

CHEFCTER: Coach, was there any thought to adding a core player, a Lineman to the squad? How do you best employ your Linemen to get the most effort and benefit from them?

FRSHMN: As you might have already analyzed, we had several needs this year. Unfortunately the board didn’t provide us with those players we were looking for. Additionally, with a Top 10 draft pick, you do not only look for a good player, you look for a player that might become the NEXT SUPER STAR of the NBFL. We still feel that we found that player in Da'Quan. If we were to draft later, let’s say around the 16th to 20th pick, we could have ended with a high quality Lineman like Chris James [GWEB], C.J. Sssanderson [CAL] or Julian "Another Rocket" Crockett* [COL]. Even former TCU kicker Jaden Oberkrom made it onto our draft sheet, but not as early as the other Linemen mentioned.

CHEFCTER: If you wouldn't mind, Coach, give us a prediction. How do you see the NFC West shaking down this season?

FRSHMN: That is very difficult to predict. I truly believe it all comes down to early injuries and fatalities. But besides that, Seattle is always a safe bet for the playoffs. No need to mention we hate them for their effective game plan. Ban Fran is a contender to Seattle, but coach BillBrasky needs to take more care for his players then they did last season. St. Louis will need another season or two to settle and stabilize. And of course there is Arizona. We will bring the pain to the NFC West, hoping to get our fellow campaigners to pay the death toll for any yard they go for. If you force me to, I predict Seattle wins the division with Arizona on the runner-up slot qualifying for the play-offs, too. Ban Fran sends its talent to the slaughter ones again but stays in front of St. Louis, which will struggle against the more experienced teams and coaches in NBFL.

CHEFCTER: Coach FRSHMN of the Arizona Sinners, thank you very much for stopping by. Best of luck to you and the boys this season.

FRSHMN: Always a pleasure, Stabbem. Best wishes to Killy, I heard he’s honeymooning. Till next time, folks.

Our 8th pick in the draft belonged to the youngest squad in the AFC East. This squad is only a season old, so they had some struggles in their inaugural campaign.

8. BUFFALO

Race: Chaos
Player Selected: Eriq Baird (Western Illinois)
Skills: Block, Sure Hands, (+AG) – 38 pts
Position: Beastman

The AFC East is a true Blood Bowl fan's dream. It has 2 developed face-mashers in the division in New Angryland and Miami. Add to that the Jehtz who can certainly do their own damage both physically and on the scoreboard, and it's no wonder that this squad struggled in their first year of existence.

There IS hope though, Buffalo fans. Your squad, led by Head Coach burgun84, has a VERY nice core of players to build around. Yes, it's tough going at first, as you can imagine with a young Chaos squad, but do not fear, as you'll see a serious improvement in your club, and SOON.

Let's being by looking at who is currently signed on the roster, and see where we can add the most utility.

MINOTAUR: Yes, this is an area of need. The front office currently has Billy Buffalo under contract, but he is rather young. If there's a well-experienced player available, this is a good place to look.

CHAOS WARRIOR: Probably not, no. The team is allowed to employ 4. There are 3 fantastic players already under contract. The 4th, Darryl Talley, is about to earn his second skill. Unless there was a very good player available in the Strength category, this really wouldn't be the place I would look to add to.

BEASTMAN: Sure. This is the core of the squad. There are 8 players already signed, but none of them have reached a 3-skill level as of yet. This means that there really hasn't been a good core of support developed, which this squad sorely will need. Why?

If you look at what this squad did well, it was removal. The players that are currently on the roster managed 76 casualties in their opening campaign, but... 66% of them were caused by 2 players, Bruce Smith and Mario Williams. In order for these two players to continue performing the roles they have been, they'll need some supporting cast to aid them.

Diversity is what seems to be needed throughout the Beastman core, along with a good Minotaur to help clog up some running space.

If we were looking at a Big Guy, the best option would be Trevor Piercer out of Clemson, coming with Block, Guard, Break Tackle, and Piling On. He would be a nice player, but it feels like a waste of a skill to have a Minotaur employed with Piling On. For a Minotaur to be effective, he NEEDS to be standing after throwing a block. The Wild Animal skill makes it near-impossible to count on him if he's ending his previous turn on the ground without either the Pro or Jump Up skill. The fact that Piercer would have Block in his aresenal may outweigh what feels like a waste with Piling On.

If we were looking for a quality Beastman, there are a few ways to go. Guard is a rather important skill for Chaos to employ, offering some extra assists to their hitters, as well as making it slightly harder to hit the Star Players. If the organization were to go in this direction, the better choice may be to draft Chris James out of Gardner-Webb. He would come with Block, Dodge, and Guard.

There is another way to go, however. One thing that is apparent for the club is the lack of a dedicated ball-handler. When looking through the available draftees, there's a clear player in the pool who would beautifully fill the role in the likes of Eriq Baird. He comes out of college with Block, Sure Hands, and some extra agility.

This really fills a dire need for the club. If you look at the perfomance of the roster, Bruce Smith scored as many touchdowns last season as everyone else on the squad that isn't named Mario Williams COMBINED.

This helps to take at least one phase of the game away from the two super star players. You simply can't ask them to do everything. You'd rather them focus on removal and blocking, and not have to worry about what happens wth the ball.

This is the way that the front office of Buffalo elects to go. We here at BSDN feel like this was the best way the club could have gone. An excellent job of identifing a glaring need, and drafting the best player possible to fill the hole.

Don't run away, sports fans! We're now through our first 8 squads of last season's NBFL draft. In our next segment, we're going coast-to-coast, as we'll be visiting the NFC East and the AFC West. You won't want to miss what we offer on these two newer squads. Stay tuned!
icesmooth

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2016 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Apo

this is quite impressive
Apojar

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2016 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

CHEFCTER: And we are back, NBFL fans. You're tuned in to the NBFL Draft Review and Analysis Show. I'm your host, Stabbem Chefcter. We spent our first few segments talking about the earliest picks in this off-season's draft. Stay with us as we delve further into your favorite teams, and hear from some of the league's finest players, coaches, and sponsors.

As always, we're still hoping to hear from you through our Spitter account. Keep your questions coming! Let's take a question or two from our fans.

This one comes to us from @4LoudCow. He wants to ask how Miami is going to do this season, as well as finding out which player will have the biggest effect on how the season goes?

Well, it's no secret that we here at BSDN are Krakens fans. I know that I am, and can safely speak for my regular co-host and soon-to-be Westminster Kennel Club president, Mr. Kill Wiper Jr. Last season, the squad had some pretty harsh injuries. It also doesn't help to have New Angryland playing at the top of their game last year, even finishing as the #1 seed in the AFC.

Well @4LoudCow, we strive to get you the best possible answers we can to your questions, so we searched out someone whom we feel is rather qualified to answer it. Ladies and gentleman, please welcome Head Coach Bullroarer4 to the program. Good afternoon, Coach.

BULLROARER: Thanks for having me here. The buffet table is particularly good. *licks fingers*

CHEFCTER: Well, we spare no expense here for our special guests. Coach, fans want to know what they can expect from the Krakens this season. How do you see it shaking down?

BULLROARER: Last season, we struggled with bringing the team together, especially in the defensive line. We needed some time to mesh as a team. Even I saw some field time. This season, we have hired some new talent, spent time working on the defensive side of things. I am very positive about this season. Especially with the opponents we are slated to face from the NFC.

CHEFCTER: Which player do you expect to step up this season for the squad?

BULLROARER: With out a doubt, Quentin Barnes is our overall top player. Being able to fill any job on the roster really enables the other specialists to work at their job without any second guessing. But all my players are the best at what they do and they will all shine this season.

CHEFCTER: Coach Bullroarer4 of the Krakens. Thank you for stopping by today, sir.

BULLROARER: Thanks for having me here. And I appreciate the food and the support.

Our next question came into us from @KillyFanboy11. He asks us, “Is that video real? You know, THAT video, where Killy drinks a truck load of Jack & Jim, goes all Marvin Gaye with two Ogre PROstitutes, and does coke like he's a vacuum cleaner? Am I right that he's... at addiction treatment at Saint Butcher's Hospital?"

I'll field this one. I've known the brilliant analyst and passionate origami maker Kill Wiper Jr for quite a number of years now. He has always been a creative influence and driving force behind the making of the NBFL Draft Review and Analysis Show, even before its inception. We owe a lot to Killy and his tireless devotion to the NBFL.

I don't believe I can legally comment on the appearance of any videos, as there is an ongoing investigation being conducted by the NBFL, BSDN, and the local authorities. I CAN say, however, that he has been offering his support to a local rehabilitation center, both as an advisor, and a donor of large amounts of gold. Addiction is something he has truly cared about for most of his life, having lost both of his parents to addictions. Whatever is going on with him, we want him and his family to know that we love him, and wish he come back to us soon.

Keep those questions coming, fans, as we'll continue to answer them as we go throughout the program. For now, let's get back to our draft review.

Our 9th pick from last season belonged to the new folks who are bravely joining the firestorm in the NFC East.

9. NEW YORK (NFC)

Race: Nurgle
Player Selected: Brad Culpepper (Florida)
Skills: Block, Guard, Mighty Blow – 39 pts.
Position: Nurgle Warrior

Grade of Pick: A-

BSDN would like to formally welcome the Plaguebearers to the beloved League, and wish them large amounts of success and luck going forward.

The NFC East has quite the competitive atmosphere, with Dallas, Weaklington, and the ever-present Philhala as the prime competition. Mixing it up with those 3 for 6 games a season is a daunting prospect.

Nurgle squads have become quite popular in the League, especially now with the proven success of Cincinnati. Back to back Super Bowl experiences have inspired a load of new clubs forming, hoping to someday make it to the NBFL.

We're starting with a completely brand new roster. We're able to choose the best player available to start the squad on its way. Let's analyze what would be the best player available in each section.

Lineman Section: Chris James – Block, Dodge, Guard – 31 pts

Skilled Section: Tony Kanal – Block, Dodge, Frenzy, Mighty Blow – 67 pts

Blitzer Section: Rick Casares – Block, Mighty Blow, Piling On, Tackle – 56 pts

Strength Section: Rick Casares – Block, Mighty Blow, Piling On, Tackle – 56 pts

Big Guy: Chandon Hawkins – Guard, Juggernaut, Grab – 32 pts

These are the players that BSDN has determined to be the best options available in each section, noting that Casares qualifies in both sections.

There is another deciding factor here, in that the new franchises often draft out of the Expansion Pool, which we are not made privy to for this show. The franchise's front office considers the field that is available, and selects a supportive, but strong Nurgle Warrior in the likes of Brad Culpepper out of the University of Florida. Culpepper comes out of college with Block, Guard, and Mighty Blow, with 39 points. He's what you'd consider a mix of support and removal, which is a pretty nice selection for a fledgling squad. We have to assume that the front office is going to pick up a stud or two in the Expansion Pool, as that tends to hold true as a pattern. Culpepper proves to be a very nice acquisition for a starting squad, offering both a bit of removal, and the support that the rest of the squad will be looking for. Excellent pick by the new squad in New York.

This season's 10th pick belonged to another new squad, jumping into the always-close competition of the AFC West.

10. DENVORK

Race: Orc
Player Selected: Jonathan Anderson (TCU)
Skills: Mighty Blow, Tackle, Piling On, Pro – 70 pts

We'd like to welcome the new squad in the AFC West, with the warnings that you are in for quite a wild ride with Oakland, San Dogo, and fellow youngsters Keggie City 6 times a season.

The ownership went looking for a coach and GM, and found a very experienced coach in JackassRampant. He took the job, and began his plan to build a world-caliber squad from day 1.

We're looking at a similar scenario with our previous discussion about New York, in that a fledgling squad will often be awarded picks out of the Expansion Pool. This is another example of drafting a “Best Player Available”.

The franchise looks over the players awaiting their chance, and they select Jonathan Anderson out of TCU. Anderson is a beefy, dangerous hitter. He will give the squad some instant credibility on the pitch, offering a significant removal threat out of the box. Having a threat like him in the front line will hopefully allow others to pick up some extra points and grow, while Anderson clears a path.

It's rather important for a younger squad to have “that guy” that they can lean on to get things done, which helps younger players develop. It's leading by example. You can't really ask him to do “everything”, but he'll inspire the younger players to step up and do their part.

BSDN likes this pick. The fans of Denvork like this pick. I certainly like this pick, but I'm looking forward to speaking with someone who may like this pick even more than all of us, and that's the new Head Coach of Denvork franchise, JackassRampant. Coach, it's Stabbem Chefcter here. Welcome back to the program, sir.

JACKAZZRAMPUNT: Fhank yooz, Stabbem.

CHEFCTER: Coach, tell us about the thought process of choosing your very first player for your squad. What are the kind of qualities, skills, and off-the-field extras that factor in to who you choose?

JACKAZZRAMPUNT: Well, Stabbem, weez got our sentapeese. It wuz 'im or Pig Howard. We figgered Anderson wud build inta Howard'z skill set, but 'e cud git evun betta.

CHEFCTER: What does it take to compete quickly in such a competitive division? You've had previous success in the NFC East, and within a relatively short amount of time. How do you get players to buy into the program so quickly?

JACKAZZRAMPUNT: Our boyz know da fundamentalz, but we gotta git da seezining on 'em. It'z gotta be a 2-yeer plan wiv da ladz. Yeer 1: hit and pound and grow and hope ta kompete, yeer too, kompete fer reelz.

CHEFCTER: Coach, you've enjoyed a great deal of success with a few franchises thus far, but in this particular situation, you've been hired to train Orcs. Why Orcs this time? What's the appeal, and how do they compare to, say, the squad of ladies from Femver, who were formerly located in Washington?

JACKAZZRAMPUNT: Orkz is a bit uv a risk wiv' deze new Klaw roolz, but we wunned ta kome out swingin' an' Orkz kin 'it really 'ard. Da Zonz started azz a pozishunal squad bafor dey lost deir Guard Linaz, den bekaym all derpy. Da Orkz will start wiv' da derp and build inta da pozishunal gaym. Strengf aksess iz da key.

CHEFCTER: How do you see the AFC West shaping up this season? What's your prediction?

JACKAZZRAMPUNT: I'm not gunna spekyoolayt on how it will turn owt. Oaky iz alwayz daynjeruz. San Dogo will gitcha if yer not kareful. Keggie City iz fun to play, and duzz a fayr bit o' dammudj. Weez takez it wun play at a tiym, an' at da enda da seezin we seez weyre we'zz at.

CHEFCTER: Head Coach JackassRampant of the Denvork franchise. We wish you the best of luck going forward, sir.

JACKASSRAMPANT: Fhank yooz very much.

Well folks, we're through the first 10 picks of the Season 16 draft for our beloved NBFL. In our next segment, we'll be delving in to a team from “the Bay”, as well as the other of the Big Apple franchises. We hope you'll stick around to hear about some more expert analysis.
Apojar

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2016 - 03:55 Reply with quote Back to top

CHEFCTER: Welcome back, NBFL fans! You're tuned in to the Season 16 edition of the NBFL Draft Review and Analysis Show. I'm your host, Stabbem Chefcter, bringing you some more experts opinions on your favorite teams in our beloved league.

We've alreaady discussed the first 10 teams from last season's draft. We've also taken some of those Spitter questions from you, our loyal fans, hoping to give those of you that live, eat, breathe, and die for your franchise, the information you need.

We'll be continuing to take questions all through the show, so keep Spitting those questions to us. If you're one of the fortunate ones, you may have your question read on the air, to be answered by someone with knowledge of the situation.

For now, let's dive back into our draft analysis! We are up to our 11th squad from last season, which resides in the hotly-contested NFC West.

11. BAN FRANCISCO

Race: Skaven
Player Selected: Taylor Heavyland (UM-Rolla)
Skills: Mighty Blow, Tackle, Piling On – 41 pts
Positon: Storm Vermin

When you hear of the injury bug taking its toll on a team, look no further for a prime example than these guys from the Bay. That's odd, considering that the NFC West is not terribly bash-heavy, when you compare it team-for-team to the AFC West or AFC South.

The division, twice a year, does have a great deal of “rat-on-rat” crime, which is rapidly becoming one of the more fierce rivalries in all of the NBFL. The bottom line is this: it doesn't matter who you're playing. If your team can't stay healthy, it becomes a season-long concern for even the most veteran of coaches.

Head Coach BillBrasky is no exception. Despite being a well-tenured, incredibly experienced leader, he can't be out there playing for his team. There's only so much proper planning and game-planning can do. If you don't execute, you simply don't win in the NBFL.

After the throttling that the squad took in Season 15, these guys are looking to rebound, and quickly. Let's see how the roster is looking after last year's debacle.

RAT OGRE: It may not be a bad idea to have a Big Guy in the center to absorb many of the hits meant for the younger rats, but the philosophy of the squad does not permit for them. We'll take that into account that the franchise is sticking to their guns.

GUTTER RUNNER: Perhaps, yes. The position is the life of the franchise, as these guys handle nearly all the scoring. With 4 positions currently filled, only Ghoul is of a respectable skill level. He's really the gem of this squad, being even more agile than your average Gutter. There is certainly some room for assistance here.

STORM VERMIN: Sure. There's two fairly young players on the squad. Only Johnson has a skill, so this would be a good place to add some importance.

THROWER: Maybe, but chances would most likely be no. There are already 2 on the squad. Gabbert tends to move more than most, but unfortunately, gets a bit jittery when he takes a few hits. He may have his ups and downs, but is still a more than average player. If there was a “really good” option or better, it may be worth considering, but will all the needs this club has, it may be best to seek elsewhere.

LINEMAN: The core of the franchise is led by Acker, who has taken on the role of de-facto enforcer. With all the injuries to the squad, he has taken up the mantle, acting as the removal for the squad. The players that surround him are both diverse and seasoned, so this may not be the place that would be best to seek help.

The way it looks, we are best served looking for either a Gutter Runner or a Storm Vermin, since the squad does not employ Rat Ogres. Let's see who is available in the groups.

We look through the Skilled section and come up with a scoring machine in Brandon Carter. He's tailor-made for this offensive system, as it's quite similar to the one used by his college squad. He would prove to be a scoring force for the squad. This would be a solid choice.

Then, we look at the Blitzer category. There have already been 4 quality players taken from the section, but there are still a bevy of excellent prospects here. There's two players at the top of the class here for Ban Fran. Let's weigh the advantages:

CJ Bradshaw: MB, Tackle, PO, Guard – 60 pts
Taylor Heavyland: MB, Tackle, Piling On – 41 pts

Two very good players, with the difference being the extra Guard on Bradshaw. Most people will tell you that “more is better” , but it's really not in this case... Why?

Heavyland will be the new removal for the squad, working with Acker. He's going to be out there Piling On opponents. What good will Guard be to a player who, Nuffle willing, will always be laying on top of his opponent? It's a wasted skill here, and BillBrasky knows it.

By taking the player with a few less points than his 4th skill, it gives him an extra chance to turn a double into Claw or even Jump Up. If he doesn't roll a double when he skills, he can still pick up a beneficial skill, but be taught to the program that BillBrasky will use.

This is a tough decision. There are 3 very good players that we have identified as viable, but we've already eliminated Bradshaw as being the better choice.

The GM and head coach assess their choices, and select... the Storm Vermin. We here at BSDN agree with this pick 100%. Here's why...

Carter is a high-quality OFFENSIVE player. He's a dynamic scoring machine, but he's much more one-way than Heavyland. A Storm Vermin plays both ends of the pitch, either as support or, as in the case of Mr. Heavyland.

For all the needs that the team has to address, with regards to its immediate success, the coaching staff made the absolute right choice by selecting a star Storm Vermin in Taylor Heavyland. He will prove to have a more overall effect on a match than a purely offensive Gutter Runner.

Our 12th pick from last season belonged to one of those brave squads located in what we at BSDN refer to as “Bash Central”

12. NEW YORK (AFC)

Race: Dark Elf
Player Selected: Bill Ham (Oregon)
Skills: Guard, Dodge, Mighty Blow – 39 pts

Grade of Position: B+

It may not seem like any special feat, finishing 3rd in the division, but we're talking about a pimarily agility-based team having to play teams like Miami, Buffalo, and the ever-imposing New Angryland twice per season. This is no ordinary division to play in, as fans of any one of these teams will attest. This franchise is relatively young compared to last season's AFC Champion Bulltrots, but they've managed to come a long way in a few short seasons.

This has to do with good coaching, and excellent front-office management. These guys are building a product that can be a threat to compete for seasons to come, rather than providing its fans with a flash in the pan.

Let's look at the end-of-the season roster, and see how they were doing in the process thus far. What do they need?

BLITZER: It's possible, yes. The Jehtz are permitted to employ 4 of them. 3 of the 4 are already nicely developed. The last is a complete Rookie. If there's a good player available here, it may be worth investing in.

WITCH ELF: In all likelihood, no. There are already 2 on the squad, with Dout Baldwin being the cream of the crop. Darelle Revis is also on the squad, who is adequate, but slightly nicked up. If there's a super star available, it would be worth considering cutting Revis, but that seems unlikely.

ASSASSIN: It does not seem that the franchise employs anyone at this position.

RUNNER: It does not seem that the franchise employs anyone at this position.

LINEMAN: Sure. There are 7 on the squad. Almost half of them are rookies. Nobody in the core has more than 2 skills. It certainly wouldn't hurt to beef up the heart of the team if there is help to be added.

Percentage wise, it may come true that we're looking for just about anything here. In other words, whichever position has a top-notch player left, that's where they'll make it work. Let's see who appears to be the best of the best, by position, that is still available:

Linemen: Chris James – Block, Guard, Dodge – 31 pts
Blitzer: Marcus Mallet – Gurad, Mighty Blow, Tackle – 32 pts
Skilled: Brandon Carter – Block, Side Step, Sure Feet, (+MA) – 51 pts.

These three players all hold high utility and value for what coach icesmooth will ask of them. When we broke down the draft to these 3 players for the Jehtz, we decided to eliminate Carter first, as the need for the second Witch Elf just is not nearly as great as the other two positions would prove to be.

We then had some discussion as to both remaining player's merits. We at BSDN ultimately decided on drafting Marcus Mallet, the Blitzer. Mallet was determined to be more of a two-way player than Chris James, who would almost solely play a supporting role. Don't get us wrong; we're not saying that the supporting roles aren't important. The drafting of a two-way Blitzer, however, would prove more valuable in the long run than a supporting Lineman for this particular roster. This also takes into account that two of the Lineman on the roster, Quinton Coples and Muhammad Wilkerson, already offer support with their respective Guard skills. Adding a 3rd player could be considered a bit more of a luxury than utility.

The franchise, however, didn't quite see it exactly the same way we did.

The front office and head coach settled on the Blitzer position, but elected instead to draft Bill Ham, a player out of Oregon. He is an excellent player, but considered slightly more of a defensive player, having learned Dodge instead of the Tackle skill.

Is it a “bad” pick? Nothing could be further from the truth. It's a high caliber player they've drafted here. The case can be made for either pick, as each hopeful player they could select closely resembles one of their currently employed Blitzers.

BSDN elected to draft a more offensive-minded positional, based on the folks already in place on the squad. This pick, however, should easily prove to be durable and effective, adding both offensive and defensive capabilities. It's a high-quality pick.

Folks, we have a special surprise for you at this time. Due to the need for BSDN to pay bills, we are normally restricted to a 2-team-per segment limit. Thanks to the kind folks at Coroner Beer and Warpstone Dew, we're able to bring you a DOUBLE SHOT! We're going to plow right on, and do what we love to do... talk about the NBFL.

Our 13th pick last season also belonged to a team in “Bash Central”, and happens to be one of my favorite squads in the AFC.

13. MIAMI

Race: Chaos Pact
Player Selected: Trevor Piercer (Clemson)
Skills: Block, Guard, Break Tackle, Piling On – 54 pts
Position: Minotaur

Though the folks at BSDN often try to remain out of the limelight, I can safely tell you that they are all, for the most part, a pack of raving, blood-thirsty lunatics. There's nothing they enjoy more than cheering for mass amounts of spilled blood. Often times, they don't care whose it is...

The Krakens have been, more times than not, the “dispensers” of bloody pitch justice, taking their anger and frustrations out on their opponents. Their identity is based on a brutal, pounding, physical running game that few can stand up to.

Last season, the injuries finally came home to roost, claiming the career of one of “the Triumverate”, as we call them here at the network. The on-pitch death of Mum-O-Killowe hurt the middle of the defensive line, causing a rippling loss of confidence though the core of the team.

This team prides itself on physical play, so chances are we'll be looking for a dynamic physical presence to stand on the front lines. Let's look at the roster to see where we should fill that role.

CHAOS OGRE: No. Bud-O-Punisher is the elder statesman of the squad. He is a fantastic piece to this squad.

CHAOS TROLL: No. Standing in the front with Punisher is Michael von Bargen VII. These are two of “the Triumverate”, that we previously eluded to. There's really no replacing these guys.

DARK ELF RENEGADE: Probably not, no. Nat Moore is currently on the squad, who has developed into a very reliable ball-handler. He's able to pick up a ball anywhere, any time, and in any conditions on a 2. That's an enormous benefit to have in your team's arsenal. This really wouldn't be a place I would look to upgrade yet.

GOBLIN RENEGADE: This is possible, yes. There's only a rookie in place at the position. It's not really ever the first place I would think to upgrade on a primarily bash-heavy team, but if there's a high-quality player available, it would be worth a peek.

SKAVEN RENEGADE: It's possible, but more unlikely. With Rod Tidwell currently signed, it would take a very well-developed player to unseat him. More than likely, we would look elsewhere.

MARAUDER: The core of the squad. There's always a possibility of improvement in the heart of the team. With all the removal on the roster, a supportive Marauder would not be a bad selection.

MINOTAUR: Yes. It would certainly do the squad some good to get a large body up front to re-establish the fear factor at the line of scrimmage.

We have three possible positions that we could add to, leading us to nearly every draft section we could choose from. Let's see who stacks up as the best in each section,

Lineman: Chris James – Block, Dodge, Guard – 31 pts
Skilled: Brandon Carter – Block, Side Step, Sure Feet, (+MA) – 51 pts
Blitzer: CJ Bradshaw – Mighty Blow, Tackle, Guard, Piling On – 60 pts
Big Guy: Trevor Piercer – Guard, Piling On, Block, Break Tackle – 54 pts

These are some very attractive possibilities. Each one would fit a fairly significant role that the club is seeking. It's up to Head Coach Bullroarer4 to decide which piece of the puzzle is the most important to fill.

BSDN and the front office come to the same conclusion: high-quality Minotaur is not something that should be passed upon by Chaos Pact. The three Big Guys in the middle of the line is their calling card. Piercer is quite an excellent pick-up for the Krakens, helping them to re-establish that powerful reputation, and allowing them to once again push New Angryland for the tops of the AFC East in the quickest means possible.

This is not to say that the other players we've singled out won't help to achieve that goal. Far from it. The fact is, the third Big Guy, albeit a Wild Animal, still adds the most bang for what Miami needs to compete in the short term, as well as the long.

Our 14th pick in the Season 16 NBFL Draft belonged to some diminutive, yet incredibly strong players out of the NFC North.

14. CHICAGO

Race: Dwarf
Player Selected: Rick Casares (Florida)
Skills: Mighty Blow, Tackle, Piling On, Block – 56 pts
Position: Troll Slayer

This is a VERY nicely developed team. The front office of this squad has done a fantastic job evaluating and developing talent for this club. These guys are tough, sturdy, and don't take lip from anybody.

One of the beauties of this squad is that it is all about the team; everyone performs their function with efficiency. There isn't a player that is head and shoulders above everyone else on the squad. It may not seem like much, but it makes things much easier to identify holes to address in the long run.

You'll see what we mean as we take a look at their roster, looking for the best place to add some help.

BLITZER: No. There are two studs on this squad in Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall. There isn't anything that these two cannot do. This is definitely not a place to look for help.

LONGBEARD: This is possible, sure. There are 7 of them already on the squad, 3 of which are rookies. There's certainly room to add a quality player here.

DEATHROLLER: No. The Sodfather is still on the squad. He'll certainly be a tough one to get rid of, as no one will go anywhere near him. This isn't a place to look to add talent.

RUNNER: Definitely not, no. There are two beautiful players on the squad in Gokiburi Amichia and Michael Ford. There won't be much in the way of improvement available through the draft over these two players.

TROLL SLAYER: Quite possible, yes. There are 2 permitted on the squad, but one is a Rookie. It's entirely possible that this could be a place to add some assistance.

Going through the roster, we've come up with either a Longbeard or a Troll Slayer. Let's see who's out there.

Rifling through the draft guide for a Longbeard, a few folks are available that could ably fill a role, the best of which would probably be CJ Bradshaw. He would be facing a reduction into the low 30s, but his skill set would translate nicely over to the position.

When we look at the Troll Slayer possibilities, however, we find a much better fit on the board. The role is traditionally defined as the heavy-hitter for the race. Given the role that Bear-ds Head Coach Aenir asks of the position, Rick Casares comes flying to the top of the class. He comes with all the essential tools needed for this workhouse of a roster spot.

He will also be facing a point reduction into the low 30's, as he already has the Block skill, but it still is a win-win situation for both parties. The squad gets the type of player it needs, and the player gets to find a home on a competitive franchise in the hot action of the NFC North. The change in climate will be the only thing standing in Casares' way of success.

Well fans, we've now dissected the first 14 picks of last season's draft. Stay tuned, as in our next segment, we'll be returning to the ultra competitive AFC West, as well as paying another visit to some die-hard fans of the AFC North. You won't want to miss our next segment, as we also will be answering some more Spitter questions from our fans. Stick around. We'll be back after a few words from...

We do the Dew. Do you??

And by...

FRSHMN

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2016 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I rate this segment with an X... like in X-cellent Wink
 Jump to: