67 coaches online • Server time: 23:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2016 - 19:51
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Moulder has been touted before. Giant rats would work well as the 'titchy' players. They'd have Rat Ogres. I just aren't sure who their actual players should be Smile

I quite like Mouse's list. Covers a lot of bases.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Seventyone

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2016 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

What about just rat ogres, nothing else? 11 wild animals on the pitch...

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2016 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

thats true actually, what stunty is missing is a proper big guy team. Probably would have to drop them to str4 and use a severe negatrait (ie RS)

So, something like:
0-6 Trollings (same as a troll, but with str4)
0-16 snotlings
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2016 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

awambawamb wrote:
Seventyone wrote:
What about a team which is elf like? Across the board ago but expensive and very fragile?

eshin?

Eshin, Pro Flings and Skinks all play 'forms' of the general Elf running game. If GW didn't join the pass/catch stats with agility, we'd have more freedom to make a better passing game team. However.......Stunty players are supposed to be poor throwers so.......it's not good for the fluff.

Seventyone wrote:
Yes was aiming for ag 4 but phone auto corrected it

You have to be very very careful with AG4. It's essentially a balance breaker at some point. The ones introduced, have been done carefully. AG4 for G access, 1 man team, no hands.

AG4 was a Pro Fling team, I don't think we're in a position to add anymore. AG4 Titchy is really here nor there. It's got to be titchy and diving tackle I think.

luxyluxo wrote:
a Slaneesh or Khorne team would be interesting

The problem is, what are the teams going to be? Nurlge have Nurglings, they were natural. Blue horrors were a split form of pink horrors with some interesting big guys, so also fitted. Neither Khorne nor Slaneesh have natural stunty players, so it'd be forced. I would say though that Chaos Flings do have a Khorne feel to them.

luxyluxo wrote:
a Stunty Chaos Pact team !

Yes, it's an idea. Personally, my opinion would be to go for a Curse Company style team. Where different positionals on different teams have been raised to serve the same undead team. So undead players from various teams. Has a lot of scope for cool design. Skelli Gnome Slayers, Goblin bombers etc etc

Also it could be the idea for linemen with different stats. However there's no real fluff or unity there. Just easy team design thrown together that potentially could be broken........if it failed, the stunty bosses would get hammered.

Bakunin wrote:

Stunty leeg is really missing Rat Ogres. Would be great with a Clan moulder team.
Just love Rat Ogres

Yes, Stunty is missing Moulder. the problem is we have 2 Skaven rosters already. Both in my opinion are poorer options than Moulder, but we have them. Why FUMBBL went with Skryre I don't know......but they did. As uncommon as Skaven are........I'm not sure we can have 3 Stunty teams. Personally I'd grandfather Skryre and put in Moulder, but it's a lot of design work and you'd still have the same amount of rosters. Actually, I personally have a problem with Chaotic Halflings. It destroys the halfling fluff (which is an oxymoron seeing as I just created a player that alludes to being a chaotic halfling). I know what theme I'd go with (using the same icons) but I don't think it'd go down well.

uzkulak wrote:
thats true actually, what stunty is missing is a proper big guy team. Probably would have to drop them to str4 and use a severe negatrait (ie RS)

So, something like:
0-6 Trollings (same as a troll, but with str4)
0-16 snotlings

Balancewise I'm pretty sure there'd be a problem with a proper big guy team. Like the old Ogre roster. Simply it just doesn't fit at any TV. They'll either lose and people will lose interest or as soon as you have one good team BAM!!! they're overpowered.

A player with severe neg traits, I think we're looking at giants here. If you know or look at the Warhammer rules for giants, you'll see they have them. Wild Animal, Loner and RS for sure. Giants also have a history of playing BB, and have a famous team.

You should put the 'Trol-LING' idea past Whatball. However my advise is to lock the door and hide in the loft. Any artificially named 'ling' player would go down like a lead balloon. A definitive no.

Maybe we need an ST 4 big guy though, there are none (excluding Squigs). I have suggested the Cockatrice (who'd be ag 4 too maybe) but with no hands.

Last edited by harvestmouse on Apr 09, 2016 - 06:25; edited 1 time in total
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2016 - 06:23 Reply with quote Back to top

A Giant has been suggested before... Smile
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2016 - 07:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't put a giant on that roster. And if we did that roster, we'd need to do it in unison with the Albion one. So that there is a clear definition between the 2. Which means you're not just making a new roster, your taking apart and putting together another one.

I think giants are something to consider for the future......just finding the right theme......I can't think of one mind. Titchy and Giant maybe.....with such size differences they could probably TTM long bombs.

It's just reminded me of my idea for giants. Having a list of maybe 6 neg traits (excluding loner which they also get) some we have, some new ones and each giant rolls 2 neg traits to add to his profile. It works with the whole D6 rolling thing with giants.

Not an easy concept though.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2016 - 08:01 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
And if we did that roster, we'd need to do it in unison with the Albion one. So that there is a clear definition between the 2. Which means you're not just making a new roster, your taking apart and putting together another one.

Everyone who has spent any time truly considering roster design and the stunty league as a whole wants only the best for stunty. Fun, unique teams that add to the whole and don't upset the league's balance.

That said, I think the idea of ripping apart the well established and reasonbly well-balanced Albion team in order to consider the Athel Loren team beyond crazy.

IF the Athel Loren team was to be considered (and let's be honest here, neither it nor any other team appears to be getting anywhere) I just can't fathom why a thorough design effort to balance the roster and tweak the fluff couldn't occur without modifying the Albion team.

Don't get me wrong, I know you've got...reasons. They just don't make any sense to me. Athel Loren is different enough to offer a unique playing experience, and doesn't step on the toes of any other team (except perhaps ST1 dauntless).

But it's all moot anyway, so, whatever.

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2016 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Ripping a part's a bit strong. However you can't consider one without the other, or they'll blend. Faries and Spites/Sprites would be an issue. In reality Albion needs a 'visual redesign' as it is. The old Fairies roster wasn't very clear on whether it was Althel Loren or Albion, so we tried to do that with a quickish fix, and only 1 icon has been changed since fairies and he's still distinctly treemanesque though definitely Albion in theme.

As long as the Althel players were distinctly different, I guess it would be possibly just icon and maybe name changes. I don't know..........I can't remember what was said at the time.

If it's a case that Albion would suffer, then I guess Athel wouldn't be done. However I do remember the reason we did make faries distinctly Albion was 1 to give a clear theme and 2 to leave a position for the possibility of an Athel Loren roster. Not there was going to be an Athel Loren roster.

It's certainly not moot, it's never moot. However we don't have the last word on it, and simply no offence to those running stunty in the past, we have the best Stunty commissioner we've ever had or possibly ever have.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2016 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Wasn't the reason the Treemen were changed to Fenbeasts to make the Albion more Albion-esque and to "save" Treemen for a possible Athel Loren Roster?

Fluff-wise the Giant fits better with Albion than Fenbeasts do (since when it comes to Albion...They Might Be Giants! Very Happy)

As long as we're dealing with Stunty Mechanics, (BTW I totally thought this thread was a new race suggestion at first! Laughing) I really think we need to implement a Right Stuff + Titchy = Long Range TTMs rule (This is a rule change that should have been made BB-wide to "fix" the new Ogre roster).
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2016 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
Wasn't the reason the Treemen were changed to Fenbeasts to make the Albion more Albion-esque and to "save" Treemen for a possible Athel Loren Roster?

Yes, exactly. However the stats are still rather treemanish (that's what I meant). Treemen are definitively Athel Loren (or halflings) so they really muddied the pond.

Craftnburn wrote:
Fluff-wise the Giant fits better with Albion than Fenbeasts do (since when it comes to Albion...They Might Be Giants!)

But so do Fenbeasts (come from Albion). What's more Fenbeasts ONLY come from Albion, where as giants come from various regions.

Craftnburn wrote:
As long as we're dealing with Stunty Mechanics, (BTW I totally thought this thread was a new race suggestion at first! Very Happy) I really think we need to implement a Right Stuff + Titchy = Long Range TTMs rule (This is a rule change that should have been made BB-wide to "fix" the new Ogre roster).

Yes, I'm not quite sure why they didn't do it for CRP. Then again, I'm not sure anybody knows why they were so terrified of Ogres they had to make them unplayable.

One thing we would need to be careful of though is who could be Long thrown with titchy. For example the Athel Loren example roster has MA7 titchy. There's no right stuff on those, so no problem, but something we'd have to be mindful of.....but yeah titchy needs boosts and that's an obvious boost and one they used to get.
Bakunin

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2016 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

Yes, Stunty is missing Moulder. the problem is we have 2 Skaven rosters already. Both in my opinion are poorer options than Moulder, but we have them. Why FUMBBL went with Skryre I don't know......but they did. As uncommon as Skaven are........I'm not sure we can have 3 Stunty teams. Personally I'd grandfather Skryre and put in Moulder, but it's a lot of design work and you'd still have the same amount of rosters. Actually, I personally have a problem with Chaotic Halflings. It destroys the halfling fluff (which is an oxymoron seeing as I just created a player that alludes to being a chaotic halfling). I know what theme I'd go with (using the same icons) but I don't think it'd go down well.

Bingo. Halflings cant ever get mutations (fluff wise)...

But, find the right amount of Rat Ogres. Make a not-overpowered Pack Master and some Giant Rat- and you are good. Maybe add Skaven slaves.. I think Clan Moulder (and having 3 skaven teams) is a great fit for stunty leeg.
SirIndigo

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2016 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

Bringing in the missing big guys (Rat Ogres/Minotaurs)

What about Mummies, or would they be too good becaise no nega-trait?
Either way I think fluff-wise stunty needs another undead roster. It only makes sense that the popularity of the leeg would lead to some necromancers raising halfling zombies or similar
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2016 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahh you just reminded me of something I should have added to my first post!

Mr J has suggested Effigies, a voodoo doll sort of Louisiana/Wickerman theme. I have thought about a raising team........where the raised player isn't a buy option. So the only way to that lino is to raise it.

Yeah you need a neg trait in stunty on big guys in my opinion. Mummies have never been a big guy as such.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2016 - 14:41
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

That's what I suggested in the OP, I think a raising team would be awesome. Could be hard to implement mechanically though, and might be tough to balance.

I think a raising team where everyone had decay could work, to stop them getting overpowered (if there were no player limits)

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2016 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
A Giant has been suggested before... Smile

As in just 'a giant' as a team? Wink I think that could be pretty funny in stunty. You could have just one player (0-1) with ST8, so if all the stunties gang up on him, they can get a 2DB. Or, you could have 2 separate players for the 'legs' and say he can block or pick up anything within 3/4 squares of the legs ..

Regarding the 'stunty-elf' suggestion, I wonder if mutations could be used to make an elf-like team with ball-handling skills, but without speed or the 2+ everywhere dodging with AG4+stunty? Maybe use blanket extra arms/sure hands/strong arm? How about a stunty vesion of Simyins? Spider Monkeys? Razz

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
 Jump to: