32 coaches online • Server time: 14:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
fivehead

Post   Posted: May 06, 2016 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

So I'm making a league for me and my friends to play against each other, but I'm confused on a few things.

I got my team in, but they're a Ranked team. So what is the purpose of League teams?

Also, can the same coach have more than one team in a league?

Thanks in advance, fivehead.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: May 06, 2016 - 00:38
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Fivehead

They need to be League teams for the tournaments to run. You can't use Ranked teams in a private League but, as you've found out, there's nothing to stop you adding them to the group. This is partly a problem caused by leagues and more generic 'groups' using the same structure, but it's something I believe is changing in future.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
fivehead

Post   Posted: May 06, 2016 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the help!
DeathJester74

Post   Posted: May 06, 2016 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

fivehead wrote:
So I'm making a league for me and my friends to play against each other, but I'm confused on a few things.

I got my team in, but they're a Ranked team. So what is the purpose of League teams?

You are way to new to be making a league, you have no idea what you are doing. Instead you need to make a few Box teams and play there. Then you will learn and then you will understand. I can be your mentor if you want, I help new players learn Cpomb.
fivehead

Post   Posted: May 06, 2016 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

DeathJester74 wrote:
fivehead wrote:

You are way to new to be making a league, you have no idea what you are doing. Instead you need to make a few Box teams and play there. Then you will learn and then you will understand. I can be your mentor if you want, I help new players learn Cpomb.

It's not going to be a serious league or anything. Just a small private one for a couple of my friends and I to play each other.
licker

Post   Posted: May 06, 2016 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Feel free to ignore anything DJ says, everyone else does.
DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: May 06, 2016 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

DeathJester74 wrote:
fivehead wrote:

"No no no... the claw goes THERE... noob."
DeathJester74

Post   Posted: May 06, 2016 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

DarthPhysicist wrote:
DeathJester74 wrote:
fivehead wrote:

"No no no... the claw goes THERE... noob."

EXACTLY!!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 06, 2016 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

DeathJester74 wrote:
fivehead wrote:

I think it's about time you wind your neck in. What you are doing is trolling every thread you post in. I appreciate you're doing for the laughs and attention but there's a time for everything.

Doing it on a thread started by a new player, where you are deliberately giving false information, is not the time.

League is exactly the division he needs. It's there for groups that don't necessarily play on FUMBBL much can play together as they wish.

If the OP runs into problems; we have a help section and a community that can iron out any possible issues.
fivehead

Post   Posted: May 06, 2016 - 04:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, so here's another few questions I'm pondering. What are the different ruleset IDs, and what makes them differ from each other? Also, how do you make your league page all purdy like the ones you see on the front page? Razz
pythrr

Post   Posted: May 06, 2016 - 04:24 Reply with quote Back to top

DeathJester74 wrote:
fivehead wrote:

bollox --- stop telling them what to do.

Post   Posted: May 06, 2016 - 04:28 Reply with quote Back to top

fivehead wrote:
Okay, so here's another few questions I'm pondering. What are the different ruleset IDs, and what makes them differ from each other? Also, how do you make your league page all purdy like the ones you see on the front page? Razz

I've often wondered this too. I thought the only ruleset supported was lrb6 but I see people posting about other things as well.
DeathJester74

Post   Posted: May 06, 2016 - 04:34 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
DeathJester74 wrote:
fivehead wrote:

bollox --- stop telling them what to do.

I agree!! You are my mentor, your ways are my ways!
tussock

Post   Posted: May 06, 2016 - 04:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Ruleset IDs are for the new, currently in testing (and working great), custom leagues. Teams in these cannot currently transfer to other leagues, must be made directly from the league's page through a unique link, and probably aren't what you're after, full of all sorts of custom rules.

You just want regular league teams unless you want specific custom rules outside regular tournament play. If you put regular league teams in a group you can start a tournament for them with custom rules just for that tournament, or you can just play each other whenever you like by entering a game name.

With Ranked teams, you must play competitive games against a variety of coaches, not just a circle of friends where you might choose to not foul each other's superstars and such.

Post   Posted: May 06, 2016 - 04:42 Reply with quote Back to top

fivehead wrote:

https://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1884

In the long run it's for more customization. Right now it's whether or not you want to use Stunty Leeg teams or not. CRP/Combines/Just Stunty.
 Jump to: