31 coaches online • Server time: 10:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2016 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

(This is a North American Coaches League only OR coaches outside North America who play at prime time hours that the "states" and Canada play on.)

NWL is getting set up and I will have it up and running in no time. Here is how it is going to work.

NWL GROUP PAGE

NWL is a promotion/Demotion League.
The first season all the teams will be split off into groups of 8 teams or as close as possible for a 7 game regular season.

NWL will use a conference system. What that means is we will have a East Coast conference and a West coast conference. Which conference you play in is totally up to you. East coast means it is expected that you can play matches between 7PM-midnight EST. West Coast means it is expected that you can play matches betweeen 7PM and Midnight PST.

Each conference will have a premier Div and then we will form up the Tier II in the following season. Since I have no idea how many coaches are going to sign up I cannot commit 100% on what the size of the conferences and tiers will be. In the ideal universe we have at least 16 teams in each conference to form up 8 team Premier and Tier II.

We will have two seasons of conference play. Then we will start up a Champions league series. This tournament will be the one to determine the overall winner of the NWL season. The top 4 teams from the East and West will meet in a 8 team round robin. Winner of that, is, well, champion.

NOTE: During the course of regular season play this Series will be the only time the East and West will play against each other. Which means coaches are expected to do their best to arrange times to play and so forth outside their preferred time zone.

All the other teams who do not qualify for the Champions League Series will be able to play in a massive KO event to finish off the season from one of the NWL sponsors.

How do you qualify? Well as the season goes along you will be getting Champions points based on your final standings after each season. Once we know how many teams and so forth I will set a minimum threshold of points needed to qualify for the end of season Series.

I would like to introduce 2 KO style tournaments over the course of the year. They will be 8 or 16 teams groups. NWL will be offering cash prizes for teams that participate. Participation is optional and up to each team.

Ok that is the big picture of what is going to happen in the NWL.

Great, what happens now?

Lets get the ball rolling and get the NWL back up and running. Here is what you need to do if you want in on Season 30 of the NWL and the first season under the new format.

The legacy teams left from the old NWL
There are 5 of them and 4 of them are sitting at 1900+ TV. Those teams will be given gift baskets and praise will be heaped upon them, talking about their greatness and then will be handed their hats and asked to leave through the front door. Those who balk at leaving will be booted out the back door.

What team can I make?

NWL back in the day had restrictions on groups of teams. Bashers/Ballers/Tweeners. This system was to nudge some diversity of team selection across the NWL.

For this season that is out the window. You can make any team you so desire and apply it to the NWL group page and it must be a rookie no games played team. Once we get the first season under our belts we will then look at the league and determine if any balancing of the “races” needs to happen for new coaches joining season #31

What happens next?

I will start up a NWL season #30 PM thread and a Forum for the NWL. Inside the PM thread I will be asking every coach which conference they prefer to play in. Coaches who say East will be placed there and vice versa for West. Coaches who say either will be placed off to the side to be placed into one of the two conferences to balance them out 1-2 days before we kick off.

Once that happens then we will form up the conferences and I will hit the start tournament button

Optional Rules
We will use only one optional rule: Right Stuff prevents tackle being used on blocks. I like this buff because it gives any coach who wishes to play a race with stunties a little edge.

No other optional rules will be used.

Strike while the iron is hot!

I want to move fast on this. So, this week I will be doing my best to promote the resurrected NWL and get as many coaches involved who want in. I would ideally like to start this up on Monday the 13th. 8 days from now. We move forward with whoever applies a team and is pumped up to get the NWL on its feet again.

What about all the other “rules”

I will be getting to those as we move forward. How we will handle forfeits and coaches not showing and so forth. Those rules are not as important as laying out the expectation of the NWL for any coach who wants to join.

What about this?

I welcome any coach to ask questions so they can understand what is going on and what to expect.

SO ARE YOU READY? If so get your team applied. HERE <<<<<<<<<<<<<< HIT THAT BUTTON.

Last edited by PainState on Oct 18, 2016 - 21:40; edited 6 times in total
BlackDice

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2016 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds good, sign me up for an EST spot. How will what races everyone has be decided?
wintergreen13

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2016 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love to be part of the west coast group!
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2016 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm interested in the East Coast group. What restrictions on teams/races are you considering? Can teams from the old World Cup league (or other now defunct leagues) join?

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2016 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Painstate, I think I'd definitely be interested in this. I'm East Coast (Boston).

I like the idea of a CPOMB nerf. So, is that the one where an injury roll rerolled with PO can only at worst be a KO?

Personally, I'd prefer not to go with OT for the league games and aim for more of a promotion/demotion format, like European soccer leagues.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2016 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:

I like the idea of a CPOMB nerf. So, is that the one where an injury roll rerolled with PO can only at worst be a KO?

I believe this one is if the Piling On player rolls doubles on either the armor or injury roll, that player is KO'd (in addition to whatever happens to the victim).

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2016 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm West Coast but am off work early enough to play in either conference. I'm not a huge fan of overtime.

Will we be starting brand new teams, or submitting established teams of a certain TV.
I'm always a fan of new league, new team.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2016 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

It'd be good if you guys could get this established again. Best of luck painstate.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2016 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Cavetroll wrote:
I believe this one is if the Piling On player rolls doubles on either the armor or injury roll, that player is KO'd (in addition to whatever happens to the victim).

Ok, that sounds like quite a big nerf, but I'd be interested to give it a try.

So, if the piling on player rerolls armour and succeeds, would they also be KOed if the injury roll is a double, or is it just applied on the roll that they reroll? Presumably, the rule isn't back-applied to the armour roll, if they use PO to reroll injury?

ignatzami

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2016 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in for the west coast side. There are a few other coaches posting on my latest blog that are also on PST.
licker

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2016 - 03:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll probably be down for West Coast.

OT for all games makes them too long generally, I don't like that idea.

I don't think you even need any CPOMB nerfs, but if you do, honestly, PO is the worst one to nerf, do a claw nerf not a PO nerf.

I would also suggest the right stuff cancels tackle optional rule, just in case anyone wants to run one of those teams.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2016 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Painstate, it might be worth doing a blog as well, in case people don't see the forum thread.

ignatzami

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2016 - 03:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Or, just play vanilla. There are ways around the kill stack. Also, in a relatively short league it'll take forever to get to a kill stack player up.
Dach

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2016 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Im up, East or West... I'm in Quebec, but evening shift so my prime time look like a westerner. Razz
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2016 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

NWL is getting set up and I will have it up and running in no time. Here is how it is going to work.

NWL GROUP PAGE

NWL is a promotion/Demotion League.
The first season all the teams will be split off into groups of 8 teams or as close as possible for a 7 game regular season.

NWL will use a conference system. What that means is we will have a East Coast conference and a West coast conference. Which conference you play in is totally up to you. East coast means it is expected that you can play matches between 7PM-midnight EST. West Coast means it is expected that you can play matches betweeen 7PM and Midnight PST.

Each conference will have a premier Div and then we will form up the Tier II in the following season. Since I have no idea how many coaches are going to sign up I cannot commit 100% on what the size of the conferences and tiers will be. In the ideal universe we have at least 16 teams in each conference to form up 8 team Premier and Tier II.

We will have two seasons of conference play. Then we will start up a Champions league series. This tournament will be the one to determine the overall winner of the NWL season. The top 4 teams from the East and West will meet in a 8 team round robin. Winner of that, is, well, champion.

NOTE: During the course of regular season play this Series will be the only time the East and West will play against each other. Which means coaches are expected to do their best to arrange times to play and so forth outside their preferred time zone.

All the other teams who do not qualify for the Champions League Series will be able to play in a massive KO event to finish off the season from one of the NWL sponsors.

How do you qualify? Well as the season goes along you will be getting Champions points based on your final standings after each season. Once we know how many teams and so forth I will set a minimum threshold of points needed to qualify for the end of season Series.

I would like to introduce 2 KO style tournaments over the course of the year. They will be 8 or 16 teams groups. NWL will be offering cash prizes for teams that participate. Participation is optional and up to each team.

Ok that is the big picture of what is going to happen in the NWL.

Great, what happens now?

Lets get the ball rolling and get the NWL back up and running. Here is what you need to do if you want in on Season 30 of the NWL and the first season under the new format.

The legacy teams left from the old NWL
There are 5 of them and 4 of them are sitting at 1900+ TV. Those teams will be given gift baskets and praise will be heaped upon them, talking about their greatness and then will be handed their hats and asked to leave through the front door. Those who balk at leaving will be booted out the back door.

What team can I make?

NWL back in the day had restrictions on groups of teams. Bashers/Ballers/Tweeners. This system was to nudge some diversity of team selection across the NWL.

For this season that is out the window. You can make any team you so desire and apply it to the NWL group page and it must be a rookie no games played team. Once we get the first season under our belts we will then look at the league and determine if any balancing of the “races” needs to happen for new coaches joining season #31

What happens next?

I will start up a NWL season #30 PM thread and a Forum for the NWL. Inside the PM thread I will be asking every coach which conference they prefer to play in. Coaches who say East will be placed there and vice versa for West. Coaches who say either will be placed off to the side to be placed into one of the two conferences to balance them out 1-2 days before we kick off.

Once that happens then we will form up the conferences and I will hit the start tournament button

We will use only one optional rule: Right Stuff prevents tackle being used on blocks. I like this buff because it gives any coach who wishes to play a race with stunties a little edge.

No other optional rules will be used.

Strike while the iron is hot!

I want to move fast on this. So, this week I will be doing my best to promote the resurrected NWL and get as many coaches involved who want in. I would ideally like to start this up on Monday the 13th. 8 days from now. We move forward with whoever applies a team and is pumped up to get the NWL on its feet again.

What about all the other “rules”

I will be getting to those as we move forward. How we will handle forfeits and coaches not showing and so forth. Those rules are not as important as laying out the expectation of the NWL for any coach who wants to join.

What about this?

I welcome any coach to ask questions so they can understand what is going on and what to expect.

SO ARE YOU READY? If so get your team applied. HERE <<<<<<<<<<<<<< HIT THAT BUTTON.