42 coaches online • Server time: 16:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Candlejack

Post 7 Posted: Jun 09, 2016 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

For quite some time people have been asking about dice statistics for FUMBBL games, e.g. seeing who rolled more 1s and 6s or skulls and pows. I always thought that would be a nice feature and especially since the Cyanide client does provide those stats it annoyed me pretty much.

So I bunkered down and got cracking and what I came up with creates e.g. this: https://ffbstats.herokuapp.com/stats/860124.

There you see a comparison of all D6 and block dice rolled in a game.

To view the stats of a specific game you have to find the replay id (you can see that one on the match report page when you hover over the replay link) and use that one as last part of the above url, i.e. replace 860124 with it, and you are good to go.

As this is a bit cumbersome there is also a so called user script. A user script is a small piece of javascript code that can be run by the browser using an extension like TamperMonkey. TamperMonkey allows you to execute those scripts on sites you visit and perform changes on them. The script I am talking about here, runs on FUMBBL match report pages and inserts a new link below the replay link that you can just click and it opens a new tab with the dice stats for the game.

In order to get that working you need to install TamperMonkey (GreaseMonkey should also work) and then click on this link: https://ffbstats.herokuapp.com/fumbbl_dice_stats.user.js

If you use GreaseMonkey instead of TamperMonkey, please use this url: https://ffbstats.herokuapp.com/fumbbl_dice_stats_gm.user.js

That is the location of the script, when your browser has TamperMonkey activated when loading the link it installs the script into your browser and it should work instantly. So every time you open a match report page after that the dice stats link gets inserted (it may take a few seconds until the page is fully loaded, because only then the script can run).

To calculate the stats, I use the replay data from FUMBBL. That data is loaded from FUMBBL and parsed when you request dice stats, so it can sometimes take a few seconds until the page is rendered, so please be patient.

As the replay data is not really meant for this kind of aggregation it was a bit tricky to get all the data I wanted. So there is always a chance, some stats do not add up completely even though I tested with quite a lot of games. In case you think something is wrong or a replay causes an error for the dice stats, feel free to let me know and I will look into it (please provide me with the link to the match report).

Currently the application runs on Heroku, so it should be up constantly. In case it is down, drop me a line and I will try to get it up again.

Well.. I think that is all. I hope you enjoy this new add on and find it useful.

Last edited by Candlejack on %b %09, %2016 - %12:%Jun; edited 3 times in total
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2016 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

mmmh should it work?

I keep getting "match not found".

Candlejack

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2016 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

It should Wink PM me with the link you are calling.

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2016 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

also the script doesn't really work (I installed tampermonkey)

Candlejack

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2016 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

there was a small issue with the script, not matching www.fumbbl.com but only fumbbl.com (i never used www.fumbbl.com, so did not consider that Wink)

that is now fixed with version 0.5, so please update the script and try again.

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2016 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

working like a charm now.
thanks!!! Very Happy

Candlejack

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2016 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

and of course, 5 minutes after the post, someone found a replay that breaks the app Wink fix has just been rolled out, so who ever was getting an error for replay 860705 can now try again Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2016 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been going through this for about 30min and it appears to suggest that PeteW is in, in fact, not lucky.

Could you please look into this obvious error?

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2016 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

crazy ! but great. thanks for it.

could it be possible that you add a sort of big item who try to explain who was the luckier ? a sort of big mean on all dices of the game ?
thoralf

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2016 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Sir,

You win the Internet.

That is all.
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2016 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the point is, those stats do not clearly indicate who was luckier. Luck means having the needed dice at the right time. Meaning petew could still be lucky even if he is not rolling more 6s.

And that also means that medians etc are meaningless. But if people really want it i can look into it.

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2016 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
I've been going through this for about 30min and it appears to suggest that PeteW is in, in fact, not lucky.

Could you please look into this obvious error?

You were probably looking at his Monday - Saturday stats. Wink
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2016 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Candlejack wrote:
Well the point is, those stats do not clearly indicate who was luckier. Luck means having the needed dice at the right time. Meaning petew could still be lucky even if he is not rolling more 6s.

And that also means that medians etc are meaningless. But if people really want it i can look into it.

hehe, I appreciate you treating my less than serious comment with a bit of decorum Very Happy

And yep. If I roll only two 1s all game but they happen to be on a pickup after a blitz! KO against wood elves...

Thanks for the tool, it's fun Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2016 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

great work candlejack. can I haz luckometer?
DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2016 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

This is fantastic.

Jump to: