22 coaches online • Server time: 08:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2016 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

So I was looking through star players in relation to upcoming matches and here are a few thoughts/questions.

So Morg seems way too expensive and Griff was amazing. Would you ever chose zug/zara and a babe over Griff?

There than the obvious 4 undead teams, when would you take zara? Vs what teams is zug good. Zara seems better in general.

Why would anyone ever take puggy? He is 140k and just a fling. It looks like zara and Deeproot are the only star players ever worth taking for the flings.

Why would necro/undead take Ramtut over the count? Why would necro take Setekh over Wilhelm?

Do they have these 10-20k differences on star players just to make it harder for someone to min max you out of inducements?
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2016 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

The answers would depend on the team I would be playing against. Puggy is good if you need a TTM opportunity.

Jeffro
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2016 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I have induced puggy a few times for my human team. For his price he is not that bad. He has ST3 and now your Ogre can TTM on a human team, he gives you that option.

It is hard to say if you should take Griff over Zug and a babe. That is all based on the match up.

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2016 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just getting back into BB and play humans. I take Puggy where I can 'cos I'm new enough to still think stupid plays (TTM into a cage, blitz a treeman etc.) with him have a likelihood of actually working!

Played him at my first tournament a few weeks ago and he was my MVP, though I did end on 1/1/4!

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2016 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Zara is better against low-armor teams without a lot of Strength and Tackle, and especially against teams subject to Stakes (Vamps hate Zara). Zug is better against bash squads. Both are situationally excellent.

I'd rather have Griff if my team is younger and I need a star. If my team is old and developed, I'd still consider Griff over Zug/Zara and a Babe, but not necessarily Griff and a Babe if I could have Zug/Zara and a Bribe.

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2016 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Also Zug adds MB so on young teams that don't have MB that's really useful.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2016 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

CRP Stakes aren't all that great (used to be +3, it's +1 now), so Zara isn't an obvious choice against UD/Necros anymore, although it can be very powerful against Khemri/Vamps, and fairly decent if you lack tackle and are facing AV7 dodgers. Aside from the Stakes, she is still a fairly decent player on her own.

Zug is a great frontliner, choose him if you feel outpowered in terms of sheer strength or if you feel you can do with some extra punch.

Griff is a great player (although miles away from his former glory), but I feel he lacks a purpose on this ruleset.

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2016 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:
Why would necro take Setekh over Wilhelm?

Setekh has strip ball and break tackle, all ways nice when facing big st5 blodging carriers (you cross them pretty often)
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2016 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Puggy is ST3 and has Block. He's the best blitzer you'll find on a Halfling team.

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2016 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
I have induced puggy a few times for my human team. For his price he is not that bad. He has ST3 and now your Ogre can TTM on a human team, he gives you that option.

It is hard to say if you should take Griff over Zug and a babe. That is all based on the match up.

Which is why I am asking which match up is best for which star player Cool Cool
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2016 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:

Which is why I am asking which match up is best for which star player Cool Cool

And you will still get the answer "it depends on match up". Because it's not just race v race, it's skills on teams and team composition that really matter too. You're also kinda limiting yourself to mostly seeing the application of the players to the teams you play yourself (which is understandable, but narrow).

It's just far too general a question, and all you're going to get is people's preferences for some players.

GronxWild wrote:

Setekh has strip ball and break tackle, all ways nice when facing big st5 blodging carriers (you cross them pretty often)

He also has juggernaut, making him an excellent utility player. He's almost an auto-pick for Khemri.

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2016 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Ramtut is KING!

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2016 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:
So I was looking through star players in relation to upcoming matches and here are a few thoughts/questions.

So Morg seems way too expensive and Griff was amazing. Would you ever chose zug/zara and a babe over Griff?

There than the obvious 4 undead teams, when would you take zara? Vs what teams is zug good. Zara seems better in general.

Why would anyone ever take puggy? He is 140k and just a fling. It looks like zara and Deeproot are the only star players ever worth taking for the flings.

Why would necro/undead take Ramtut over the count? Why would necro take Setekh over Wilhelm?

Do they have these 10-20k differences on star players just to make it harder for someone to min max you out of inducements?

Vs Stunties, Puggy is great. If your opponent lacks Tackle and Mighty Blow, he is good against everyone as he can do a 1db Blitz on the ball carrier everywhere on the field and probably survive the game.
As a Human coach, I'd chose Zara if my opponents are agile or fast and Zug, if they are strong but slow.
Morg can be very valuable. See Ogre race for example, the two Ogre Star Players cost 580k and bring a Dodge Break Tackle St5 Ogre and a St5 TTM Nerves of Steel Strong Arm Ogre with an AG4 Goblin, but both have Bonehead and both lack Block.
If you choose Morg, you get also a Wizard for the costs of these two Ogre Star Players instead but then you have a very reliable hard to knock down Ogre and a drive destroying potential with your wizard, especially against a team with lots of AG2 players and Bonehead.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Griff is an excellent player. Blitzers are important to Humans and he gives you a far superior 5th one. In terms of hitting he will give you sweeping options to get 2dbs but he is lacking mighty blow or tackle. He is a great ball carrier provided you aren't facing strip ball leapers. I would recommend him v s3 sides. Even against bash having that speed and flexibility will come in handy. Griff will help more on offence than Zug who will help more on defence, so it could depend where you think you will struggle. Zug is more reliable than an Ogre but rather expensive considering his slow move.

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

There is no such things as "just a fling"!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Next to that, he dodges on a 3+ with reroll into a cage, and blitzes non block lineman with the ball with 1D (50 percent chance on the block) ... and blocks 2Ds on ST2 players like gutter runners, wood elf catchers, halflings, goblins, slann catchers...

Jump to: