31 coaches online • Server time: 03:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dominik

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello folks!

Do you want to talk with me about this matchup and wether I should buy a 15th Goblin or not and how I should spend the 530k/490k inducements in order to improve my chances in this game?

Wahnsinnig erfolgreich versus mekytoonz

Goblin Inducement table

There are many considerations:
-) A wizard is very helpful against AV7, Stunty and no players with AG4 or Sure Hands.
-) Bribes can or cannot be helpful, this depends on the knockouts and casualties and the amount of ordinary Goblins available. It would definitely be nice to have Nobbla playing for two halfs for example.
-) Nobbla Blackwart is a real threat in a stunty game, the lack of tackle even increases his resistance.
-) Fungus the Loon can both control Trolls and sweep all the knocked prone Goblins. Unfortunately Chainsaw and Bombardier are their nemesis.
-) Bomber Dribblesnot, the accurate Bombardier, may be a game breaking star player, but most times he is tackled rapidly by one Goblin.
-) Ripper would equal the strength, considering mekytoonz have two Block Trolls and one of it has +ST.
-) Morg could be a killing machine in this game, if he is able to evade the Trolls and bombs.
-) An extra team training would increase the rerolls to four for a team which has only one Block at all. In overtime it would be extremely valuable.
-) One to two Beers would definitely be helpful, although two Beers are usually not worth it.
-) A wandering apothecary shouldn't be hired, as there are only three players worth to become healed (the two Trolls and the Pogoer).
SirSebstar

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

He has a very strong team with lots of block. So he will be able to come after you. He will likely delay scoring/score late if he has SW guys on the field.
Your mission would be to take any part of his team and focus on getting rid of it.
I doubt he will let his big guys run off alone, but whatever blocker you get down, foul.

wizard with 3 bribes is 450k leaving you 50k for a beer(take the both down if he has no block).
This should allow you to force them to spread out more instead of bunch up (fireball alert) and force them to score fast(er)(because a bouncing ball is not an automatic pickup)
If they dont, your pogo might just pick up a loose ball due to fireball or more likely lightning bolt.
I would foul like crazy. starting with your chainsaw on defense.

he can out muscle you, outblock you and has more players, so score fast if he has sw in the field, that will take a bit of the load off. if you do set up the bombardier, stick him where a fumble wil not hurt you and toss every turn (just not the first thing)

warning, i am a real boardgame player, and not on the computer so my advice might not serve you at all.
tussock

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 05:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Just kill that +ST blodgestep/DT goblin for me if you don't win. Chainsaw foul it, so more chainsaws and more bribes and more fouls. Also a chef so you can knock it over and he can't knock you over. Nice pogo you got there, look after him.