36 coaches online • Server time: 14:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should I fire the injured players?
Keep both
12%
 12%  [ 6 ]
Fire the -ma
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Fire the niggle
77%
 77%  [ 37 ]
Fire both
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 48

Brodent

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm playing skaven in a small BB2 league with my friends. The league has double round robin seasons.

I was off to a good start until my last match against dark elves. All six of his blocks in his first three turns resulted in injuries! Still managed to put up a bit of a fight but now I have a niggled linerat and a -ma linerat. No SPP on either of them.

I have 13 players total and I'm wondering if I should fire the two injured rats. Very agonizing decision for me because while I would hate to see an MVP land on an injured linerat I have been enjoying having two reserves. Most of the teams in the league don't have deep benches. I only have 40k in my treasury atm.

What do people think?

My team:
Gutter runner (+agi)
Gutter runner (block)
Gutter runner
Storm vermin x2
Thrower (block)
Linerat x 5
Linerat (niggle)
Linerat (-ma)

All my positionals are close to leveling.

Dark elves, wood elves, chaos, orcs, and humans in the league so far. More teams joining next season.

Thanks in advance.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Niggling av7 rats are a liability, not an asset. I'd keep such a linerat for fouling purposes, but it should have skills like kick/dirty player

DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd fire to keep the chances of my MVP landing on someone useful higher, but I could be convinced otherwise. If you had more cash to replace them it would be an easier decision, but I still think I would fire them.

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

keep both, they're just meatshields even when sane anyway.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd use the niggled rat to foul, if you keep him. -ma is great for LOS duty. Beyond that, these rats have no other use
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Fire the niggled, keep the -MA.
sbr32

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 04:56 Reply with quote Back to top

With 13 rats I would probably keep the Niggled and hope he doesn't have to actually play, I wouldn't fire him until I had ~140k in the bank.

With an 11 rat team I would fire him ASAP as I would rather have a loner than a Niggled.

The -MA guy is fine stick him on the LoS until he gets dead.
licker

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 05:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Fire the niggle, always fire a niggle, don't worry about roster size or anything else, just fire them.

Unless they are a legend or some other highly skilled necessary part of a team, but for line fodder?

Fire all niggles, every time, don't think, don't ask, just fire, Fire, FIRE!

-MA is irrelevant though, I'd keep him and leave him on the line to eventually get killed.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

seriously - fire all niggling injury players. They're ticking time bombs. Maybe not if they're av9 and ST5 and even then, look at them with a suspicious eye
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
seriously - fire all niggling injury players. They're ticking time bombs. Maybe not if they're av9 and ST5 and even then, look at them with a suspicious eye
Honestly, I'd keep a Niggle if he's useful. I just expect my useful niggles to die.

This guy, worse case scenario, emergency line fodder.
Best case, foul the opponent's clawPOMBer or One-turner.
Just expect him to die. I'd honestly replace him once you have a little cash saved in your treasury, to cover more important players
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Antithesisoftime wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
Honestly, I'd keep a Niggle if he's useful. I just expect my useful niggles to die.

This guy, worse case scenario, emergency line fodder.
Best case, foul the opponent's clawPOMBer or One-turner.
Just expect him to die. I'd honestly replace him once you have a little cash saved in your treasury, to cover more important players

Define useful - barring a situation where you have a one turner you want to stash, there is no utility he could provide. Even as a fouler, that's not outweighed by his combustibility.

Now there are arguments to make for a niggling player who has a either of two purposes - ottder or killer. Both are more valuable for what they can do than is weighed against their vulnerability. With the killer you can make an effort to protect from a foul. With the ottder, just score already and get it over with.

If your opponent is giving you shots with a this guy on their best players then I suggest you bring flings to the next game to give them a sporting chance.
Beanchilla

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Niggle just isn't worth the TV but MA can still be good fodder until you an afford another.

If you're above 11, probably not worth firing unless you're pretty sure they're going to leave the field. Linerats leave the field fast already and a niggled one will be out of the game quickly. Let him live out his days with his family in retirement.

Here's a great resource for all sorts of Fumbbl images!
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I would keep them both.

From what you describe, firing them means you will never have a bench. And I would want to have a bench in that league, mostly for fouling the teams w/o bench themselves. Also to not be outnumbered so often and so badly.

In regular Ranked play on FUMBBL, I'd retire both probably.
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Fire the niggled, keep the -MA.

This.

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

The -MA is fine. Keep him. Fire the niggle. If a linerat gets a skill (which of course means DP 90% of the time) - then I would keep them if they get -MA or -AG. I keep -ST and -AV linerats with DP if I do not have enough DP (meaning at least 3). Niggled linerats I tend to just not keep around unless I am really on hard times...which with skaven is not that unusual.

This is my league skaven team. Currently have a -AG, -MA and -MA linerat on the team. Also have -ST gutter runner and -MA storm vermin.

Skaven in competitive environments need to keep the wounded around.
 Jump to: