34 coaches online • Server time: 12:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
5th skill for Flesh Golem?
+MA
64%
 64%  [ 16 ]
+AV
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Tackle
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Grab
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Other (please let him know)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Cookies
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 25

Balle2000

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2016 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Having been used to life as a Blood Bowl star since the days of LRB4 Fumbbl, Tusk of the Dhingo Initiative (SWL), has suddenly found himself in a position of super-stardom!

Having been a 'mere' star since waaay back in the beginning of 2510, he now has to figure out which new skill he has slowly acquired over these years.

However, its so long ago since last time this happened, so he needs some help.

Can you help him?

It's probably one of the following (rolled 6+4):
+MA
+AV
Grab
Tackle

He already knows: Block, MB, Guard, Break Tackle.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2016 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA
Golems ALWAYS need more MA
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2016 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Bump. Wish for larger voter turnout.

Thx Atot.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2016 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with AoT and went for +MA. MA5 is much better than MA4, for a player with Block, MB, Break Tackle.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Badoek

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2016 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Either +MA or Tackle for me. +MA is always a solid choice. Your team has other players with Tackle so it depends on your opposition too a bit.

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2016 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

With BT, the extra move lets you use what you've got more often. Better synergy.

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2016 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted cookies, but honestly with how slow the rest of your team is I can't see plus MA being all that useful, unless your other fleshy also got plus MA.

For helping roll your cage forward and avoiding SS guys getting inside your cage I think grab would better.

If you're interested join the Fringe
Dominik

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2016 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

almic85, that was the wrongest serious skill advice I've ever red!
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2016 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

whats the point of having the movement if you blitz a bc only to fail to take them down because you don't have tackle?
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2016 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Well as said on irc, between tackle and +MA for me.

+MA for the obvious synergy between that & break tackle, as well as going from 4->5, which actually would leave you with quite the speedy offensive lineup (ma8 ghoul, wolf, wights the +MA zombies) for a (currently one wolf) necro team, the split between the fastest members and the slowest at that point is beginning to narrow to an area where things are even simpler to manage. The same is sort of true on defence, when the ma6 ghoul plays.

Tackle, simply because tackle on a standfirm st4 player makes him slightly more likely to eat a reroll from your opponent, alongside all the more active uses.

Given where the team is player-wise, I'm not so sure grab is such a great fit on anyone at the moment to be honest. You'd probably see more use out of it attempting one turns than you would in general play.

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2016 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Is firing him an option?

Sort of serious, I mean all normal skills on a lot of players makes them feel bloaty once they get to super star, even war dancers!

Depending on the make up of your competition I would at least consider +AV, going from 9 to 10 is a pretty big boost (unless the claw is an issue for you).

MA is utterly MEH, even with break tackle, the dudes job is (probably) to just keep on standing next to icky things and hope they fail their dodge or just roll pushes.

Tackle is not bad, but again, depends on the teams you face. Grab is kind of meh too.

AV, retire, pro...

In that order I guess.
fidius

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2016 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Voted +MA because of precedent on your zombies and because TV is less important in League. But Fend would make him even more annoying in his usual role (can choose to stay put or reposition the Guard next turn), and protect him from PO and Frenzy to boot.
 Jump to: