43 coaches online • Server time: 17:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jjmac34

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2016 - 04:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all -

I played a few times today, and I had a player who was unresponsive. When I reloaded, he disappeared, but reappeared on the next drive.

I am now playing on opponent who isn't able to put 11 players on the field because 1 disappeared. How do we remedy?

J
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2016 - 05:07 Reply with quote Back to top

The solution that worked for me when this happened was to load a kick-off or receiving setup, the player should re-appear then.
legaulas

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

hi, i'm playing when another player disappear without deconnect, i click on timeout after 4 minutes but the game is stop on choice inducement for my opponent, and i can't stop this.
sorry for my bad English, i'm french
<legaulas> hi gl
<Alcadizaar> you too!
<Alcadizaar> ouch haha
<Alcadizaar> haha
<Alcadizaar> haha i have such bad luck
<Alcadizaar> grats!
<Alcadizaar> sorry emt emgency gg

The timelimit has been reached for this turn.
Coach legaulas forces a Timeout.
The turn will end after the Acting Player has finished moving.
sheepycollins

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

sounds like he left without ending the players move, doing that should continue the game

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 22:04
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

It's unfair to click Time Out when your opponent is not present at the match. He said to you that he has a real life emergency. You should follow the disconnection policy:

https://fumbbl.com/help:DisconnectionProblems
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

its always unfair to click timeout, its not illegal though as far as I understand it, and therefore I think its not important if you do.
It is an issue though, and I guess everyone should behave and all that, wich is fine (I usually never timeout), but saying its unfair is subjective from each situation to the other, thus you (legaulas) can't and shouldn't be blamed for clicking timeout.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 22:14
FUMBBL Staff

Nextflux wrote:
its always unfair to click timeout, its not illegal though as far as I understand it, and therefore I think its not important if you do.
It is an issue though, and I guess everyone should behave and all that, wich is fine (I usually never timeout), but saying its unfair is subjective from each situation to the other, thus you (legaulas) can't and shouldn't be blamed for clicking timeout.

Bluntly - this is wrong. If you know your opponent is AFK and you take advantage of the situation to click Time Out, you should be unsurprised when your match is cancelled by a Security Officer asked to rule upon the case. Play fairly.
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Kryten wrote:

Bluntly - this is wrong. If you know your opponent is AFK and you take advantage of the situation to click Time Out, you should be unsurprised when your match is cancelled by a Security Officer asked to rule upon the case. Play fairly.

So that mean it is illegal then, wich should be noted in the rules.. maybe its there already, though I havent seen it.

Guess he lost the match then.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 22:21
FUMBBL Staff

https://fumbbl.com/p/help?op=rules

"If a coach has to leave in the middle of a game for reasons beyond control or if a coach simply stops responding for 15 minutes with the client left running, that coach is considered as disconnected and you should follow the rules detailed below."
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

it says nothing about timing out is illegal.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 22:31
FUMBBL Staff

Is this the right room for an argument? I've told you once...

Look - I'm telling you how we as Security Officers enforce the rules. If you insist on telling other coaches information that is counter to how the rules are actually enforced then I don't know what to tell you.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Nextflux wrote:

Don't argue with the admins about what is illegal dude. Also why would you look for the timeout rules in a help section about disconnection procedure?
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

And then you cant treat everyone fairly when you make such a "ruling"
Eather all who times out in that situation looses the match or none looses the match, that is fair.
I just write this, not to tell others what to do, but to clarify the rules.
Though I know you all (all admins) dont like it when I do this, somone even think I try to bend the rules, but thats not the case, I just want to clarify unclear rules.
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Nextflux wrote:

Don't argue with the admins about what is illegal dude. Also why would you look for the timeout rules in a help section about disconnection procedure?

Because we all should never ask questions about anything an admin says ?
is there no room to argue anything ?
Uedder

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

No. There's no room to argue anything. I mean you can argue as much as you want but luckily for all of us it won't change a thing.

If the opponent is AFK and you time him out you're breaking the rules.

Easy.

If the opponent is NOT AFK (is playing for more than 4 minutes) then you can time him out.

Easy.
 Jump to: