61 coaches online • Server time: 00:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy is back?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
You lucky lil freak
+MA
45%
 45%  [ 41 ]
+AV - Turtle turtle
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Side Step - That Mummy is everywhere
18%
 18%  [ 17 ]
Jump Up - Stay Back!
9%
 9%  [ 9 ]
Diving Tackle - Just try to run away, little man
14%
 14%  [ 13 ]
Other
9%
 9%  [ 9 ]
Pie - The cake is a Lie
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 91

Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2016 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Column A is a bit of a centerpiece of a rather different undead team. His partner in crime, Pillar of Health is already a ST6 freak with Block, giving the team a solid interior line.

The original plan had been to decide between Break Tackle and Stand Firm, with the skill not taken being the next normal skill. Instead, Nuffle blessed him with a 3rd double, this time also offering a possible stat boost as well. So, what to take.

+MA: Faster Mummies are always great. With Blodge, and Break Tackle in the future, this would give me much more mobility for a key player.

+AV: Let's face it, terrible choice for this player

Side-Step: Mummies lack in mobility. Blodge makes him hard to take down, and while stand firm is a normal skill, this affords him more choice of positioning, allowing him additional movement. Side-Step on guards is always great for destroying opposing block math as well. This would also probably be one of the more "fun" choices to make.

Jump-Up: +3 MA from the ground. Instead of standing taking an entire move, I now have 3 squares to move. With Piling as a normal skill, and my team lacking in S access, having a POMBer with mobility from the ground could change some games.

Diving Tackle: Take stand firm next, and it now becomes really hard to get away from my Mummy. Team strategy, pin players to the mummies, and pick them off.

Or hell, got another idea, lemme know, please.
Medon

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2016 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

How about sure hands?
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2016 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Medon wrote:
How about sure hands?
Maybe if he had Ag2
Timetis

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2016 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

For me the choice would be tackle. Make the opponent rr when dodging away and smash those elfs when they don't.

If not, I'd take break tackle - combos nicely with the dodge he already has.

I like sidestep as well, DT not so much, you want this guy standing. JU seems a bit of a waste.
Badoek

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2016 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm no Undead coach but this seems like a tough choice indeed. +MA for the reasons you state. BT and SF later, then again getting Tackle in there seems like a good plan too. You can probably go several right ways here. Tackle and then SF later. Or +MA and then BT, or a combination.

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2016 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be really tempted by the +MA then break tackle, your team is pretty slow so the extra movement should be helpful. Tackle tempting but with your team theme it looks like you'll have a lot of blockle zombies to compensate.

With those two freak mummies as centre pieces I'd be tempted to turn this into a proper Undead team for tournaments.

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2016 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

m0gw41 wrote:
With those two freak mummies as centre pieces I'd be tempted to turn this into a proper Undead team for tournaments.
I've seriously given that consideration too. Would have to rethink some of my zombies, groom a couple ghouls and wights, might take a dozen games
bghandras

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2016 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

If i cared about tournaments, then i would absolutely do it.

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2016 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Many very good choices. I think I would take +MA. But I am uncertain.
Bram

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2016 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

With block, dodge and guard already on the mummy, I'd take sidestep. Like you said it yourself, it can absolutely ruin your opponent's offensive drive. Getting 2d on him won't be easy and with blodge a pow will be required to take him down. Add sidestep on that and your opponent might even decide not to block him at all (which is where sidestep works better than stand firm). Which is excellent news for you.

Tackle isn't a bad choice either, but I would go sidestep.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2016 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm +MA is tempting for sure, as is sidestep and tackle.

I am actually less sold on break tackle even as next single for him (even with the dodge) as the other Mummy is st6, perhaps if you took sidestep, but if you took tackle I'd take standfirm next.

I think I would probably skip the Stat for a double and make him the dedicated roadblock of the pair. To that end sidestep works (but can be ignored and take sf later), and tackle works both defensively and offensively.

Fun pair of mummies and definitely worth considering re-evaluating what you will do with the team over.

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2016 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

jump up then pile on. Make him a fearsome enforcer.
Medon

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2016 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

This is actually pretty awesome. You threatened your mummies in your team bio 'mummies will be retired at 31 spp unless they roll doubles or stat ups'. They were so afraid of the early retirement (what's pensioned life worth in a dark and empty pyramid, when you could also continue to play on the bloodbowl field?). As a reaction, they ONLY roll stat-ups and doubles. I will have to try this trick as well some time Smile I'm thinking of 'My wardancers will be fired unless they roll +AG and +ST as first two skills'
AutoAxpert

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2016 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Blodgestep is great, but being ST5 he would be hit far less often than other players and Stand Firm can be almost as valuable without spending a double. It could help avoiding fouls, though.

MA would be good: if he falls, he can blitz without risking GFIs, and it makes him capable to catch up with slower players.

Jump Up and Diving Tackle would be really good together, but you'd need another Double (in which case that mummy is a really disgusting freak). The former would also improve your mobility, if you feel like picking one of this one I'd go with the first one.

Tackle is really good: almost every developed team has some form of dodge, and you want your mummy to hit every block. But it could be sunk cost if you can't get your mummy near the dodgers.

As I see it, is a toss up between +MA and tackle.

CIBBL! I swear I had a life, before!
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2016 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

c9805222 wrote:
jump up then pile on. Make him a fearsome enforcer.

I would never do this.

In my opinion, piling on is what you take on a mummy who is rolling poorly and you haven't got the heart to fire.

Even combined with jump-up, it's just generally poor strategy for an undead team to have a mummy lying on the deck voluntarily in most turns in a game - a blodge/guard mummy is pretty much able to control an not insignificant part of the field given the proper support cast, so long as he stays on his feet - and in fact, for a lot of teams, booting the mummy may be their best shot of removing him.