56 coaches online • Server time: 17:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
havaji

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2017 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Uploaded a bunch of photos of my miniature skaven team (BB2016 GW miniatures) for use as player portraits. Today when i checked my images they had disappeared. Is this because they weren't approved and, if so, is it because they were GW minis and therefore infringing on copyright?

Cheers
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2017 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

havaji wrote:
Uploaded a bunch of photos of my miniature skaven team (BB2016 GW miniatures) for use as player portraits. Today when i checked my images they had disappeared. Is this because they weren't approved and, if so, is it because they were GW minis and therefore infringing on copyright?

Cheers

It is indeed a copyright issue

GW copyrighted material will not be accepted by admins. This also includes pictures of GW miniatures and GW original art.

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2017 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx, figured as much. On to plan B.
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2018 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

If you own the miniature and painted it yourself do you not own the image?
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2018 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

you do, but any images uploaded to this site are hosted here and not the property of the site.

its a greyish area for sure, but GW sent letters asking for their art to be taken down in the past. So lets not push our luck Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2018 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

We can use pictures of teams that we bought off the back of some shady gypsy's cart, though, right?

I plan to have some choice Pedro Ramos sculpts in the coming years - once I get around to painting them Wink
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2018 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

camike wrote:
I have seen and understood them through your posts, it is interesting, and helped me to understand the knowledge, thank you for sharing.
color switch

spam
naytsyrhc

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2022 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Great I found this here now. Maybe it would be a nice idea to write this disclaimer on Image Upload page. I didn't know it and so I uploaded the images twice, as I first thought they have been deleted because of wrong dimension. If there were some text on upload page (or is there I I simply overlooked it?), I would not have bothered the poor admin who had to reject my images twice now. Sorry for that.
 Jump to: