62 coaches online • Server time: 21:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2018 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
Do you ever stay on topic? Seems like everywhere you pop up in these forums you play the same broken record Smile

Back to the topic at hand: no, coaches have not changed. Many people who enjoy Bloodbowl take a large part of their enjoyment from building players with history in an allmost RPG like mode.

Pixelhugging is nothing new and will always stay a part of what many enjoy in this game.

How did I get off topic Cloggy?

The topic was about COACHES, FOULING and CHANGES in how COACHES NOW RESPOND TO FOULING and WHY (which implies a historical perspective.)

So what did I say that wandered off the topic? Other than maybe my brief preferences at the end of what I would prefer the fouling rules to be and WHY. Which REALLY was STILL about COACHES and FOULING.

I guess I should only say 1/2 way written summary opinions like YOU add to the thread. WAY TO GO CLOGGY. It is all just PIXEL HUGGING. Nothing to do with the way the GAME HAS CHANGED or how the CULTURE OF THE GAME HAS CHANGED. Despite those changing having occurred in the game.

YOU NAILED IT. It's JUST pixel hugging. BRILLIANT!!! You should write a book about it. Let us know when you reach pamphlet length.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2018 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
CLAWPOMB THE EYE WORTH IT.

Yep, eyes are a weak-point for sure
Catalyst32 wrote:

WOULD ALL GAME CLAWPOMB

mhhmmm
Catalyst32 wrote:

THE EYE WHOLE POINT FOUL.

Don't forget their legs and arms
Catalyst32 wrote:

FOUL BACK

You should try not to let them do that
Catalyst32 wrote:

CLAWPOMB FOULING

uh, pretty sure we went over this?
Catalyst32 wrote:
COUNT

respec'
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2018 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you feel offended, Catalyst32?

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2018 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

SzieberthAdam wrote:
Are you feel offended, Catalyst32?

I'd just like an explanation as to how I am off topic in THIS THREAD.

As for R&B MAMA... he is clearly on the spectrum. SO I understand.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2018 - 08:08 Reply with quote Back to top

As an impartial observer, I found Catalyst's comments to be on topic and relevant (but with an excessive use of caps). And although I (happily) don't know the implied history, Cloggy's criticism seemed entirely misplaced and unwarranted.

Then everything went off the rails, esp. Rbthma's contribution. I don't even know what that was.

Yay! for internet debates.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2018 - 07:01 Reply with quote Back to top

even bots love Catalyst.

#bot.love

visitmysite www.bot-love-with-Catalyst.ru

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2018 - 07:40 Reply with quote Back to top

foul everything
foul everything that moves
foul everything that doesn't move

JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2018 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Format is (almost) everything.

In Ranked or Box, I foul when I think it will help me get a result I care about with lasting meaning. Usually this means fouling to win, but I might keep fouling if it looks like I could pull off a clear, 'cuz clear. But I don't care if I damage my opponent, so I won't stick my neck out to do it.

I don't do a lot of resurrection formats, but when I do, I only foul in the weird ones, where there are specific players with key skill stacks or like Star Players or something, and that encourages some fouling. And I got two clears at Underworld Cup '17, but I'd have stopped fouling at some point if I didn't see the opportunity for a pitch clear.

In NBFL, I foul when I care enough to send the very best. Win, clear, degrade rival, rack up Cas total or ∆Cas, there are all sorts of reasons that make sense when the competition is more granular. My division hates me, and that's the way I like it.

NCBB limits the number of fouls allowed, so I tend to use them for statements, trying to drop the maximum when I can be practical about it, and figuring out exactly where, when, and how I'm going to break the rules to take advantage of the "warning" system for occasional violations. (Like, I fouled 11 times vs Kryten in the championship once; it backfired but it was so hilarious it was worth it.)

But in any format, no matter what the big picture, whiners get the boot.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2018 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I disagree with Catalyst32 about LRB6 discouraging fouling. LRB6 encouraged sniping as a removal strategy, but there was more than one way to skin a cat. My gimmick was to use POMB as one leg in a three-legged stool for mass removal: sniping, overblocking, and fouling. I'd rack up disturbing Cas results with teams that on paper should be only maybe a little on the hard-nosed side, because I would use all three tactics as part of a schadenfreude-oriented play-style.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2018 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Naama wrote:
Changed? I think it's been like that ever since i first got introduced to blood bowl here. Some people have always gotten agitated and taken fouling as an insult.

Such a shame this little jem got missed. Getting Naamaed isnt a Fumbbl verb anymore?
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2018 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

There are lots of tournies and leagues where you will very rarely see people being unsportsmanlike..
Every team should get fined $10k for not fouling at least once a game

awambawamb

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2018 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Naama wrote:
Changed? I think it's been like that ever since i first got introduced to blood bowl here. Some people have always gotten agitated and taken fouling as an insult.

Such a shame this little jem got missed. Getting Naamaed isnt a Fumbbl verb anymore?

Naama, 2000ish games, average of 4.02 fouls per game.

and I remember reading somewhere "avoid players with >1.5 average fouls per game, because they will foul a lot"

Wuhan

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2018 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Social Justice Warrior culture has changed. Snow flakes. Snow flakes everywhere.

But some old warriors are holding out. And Fouling the masses. Trying to save society by harming pixels. (You are welcome!)

as someone's sign off once said: -If the worst thing that happened to you today was some pixels got harmed. Consider yourself lucky.
Wuhan

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2018 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

my pixels pronouns are: Zher/Zhim/Zhem
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2018 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Wuhan wrote:
Social Justice Warrior culture has changed. Snow flakes. Snow flakes everywhere.

There were always people who liked fouling and people who didn't like fouling.

There is no need for that crap.

Jump to: